Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Today is Tuesday Dailies
1 2 Previous Next  
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 7:16 AM
Complete: Today is <insert whatever> and as usual, post whatever you want. The more, the better. :wink:
Parent - By george [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:31 AM
Easy 6.4 miles in the snow with my fast friend. Have to leave work early because LMH might have hand foot mouth disease, and her cousin definitely does, so she can't go over there while the wife works. So I get to spend some more time with the kids than I normally would!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-27 1:58 PM
Gym stuff today at lunch. Yawn. Weather is grey and breezy/windy and I believe I will take a day off from running. It's a :meh: type day.

Oh. Funny. Woke up around 5am today and the way I was laying in bed I could see the road outside our bedroom window. Saw some weird light heading down the street into our cul-de-sac. Turned out to be one of those maniac morning runners with a headlamp on. Not sure how you people do that stuff!  :laugh:
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 7:27 AM
Today is a much better day than yesterday (so far).  Got up and ran from the gym.  Didn’t expect much, but it wound up being a very nice run.  Just below freezing, light winds, clean fresh air had me all :grin::grin:  30 min out, slightly faster on the way back.  Then I did the Plyometric video.  It was interesting.  Can’t say that I loved it, but I can see how it would help with my mobility/agility.  I only felt like a doofus half the time, but felt :cool: of myself for trying something new.

And regarding work… Sample of my life.  I have a new employee coming transferring from another dept.  Everyone else in my office knew it was happening (finally – we interviewed her about 4-6 months ago, but my boss had to work something out with HR) before I did.   When is she coming?  I haven’t been told.  Others in my office say Monday, but my boss has not told me – and I’m the one who has to put in a ticket to make sure the computer has everything it needs. :roll:  But, this is actually better than the last time…  I was told my new underling was starting that day (they start with HR the first 2 days) from another underling who is friends with his brother.  Nobody in here knew about that one.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 7:33 AM
Wow, a little notice would be nice :laugh:

Glad you had a nice run!! :grin::grin:
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-27 8:38 AM
Never a good thing being the last to know what's going on! :shocker!:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-27 9:05 AM
Glad you had a nice run :happy: Video sounds interesting. I am enjoying learning new stuff, or finding out how weak certain areas are with the PT.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:21 AM
ha! that new hire story is just bad. But, if it helps at all I have worked at several places where it took several days to get a computer.
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:30 AM
why was the gym chasing you? : pbbt:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-27 10:48 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 10:59 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:44 AM
Great workplace.:roll:

I have the P90X videos, I should start those again. Which classes have you liked so far?
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 11:03 AM
I've done all of the upper body ones as random standalone workouts, mostly while injured and recovering from the knee. I also love some of the P90X3 ones. They are similar, but limited to 30 min workouts.

I'll need to drop one workout/week because I want to continue my Wednesday long (for me) run and Saturday my longish/hardish TM run. I'm thinking Kenpo or yoga. I like the yoga one - I've watched it in fast forward mode. But 90 min after a run would be pressing it timewise...
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:25 AM
I don't really enjoy plyometrics, but we do a bit of it at boxing class and I know it is very good for my old lady body.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 11:04 AM
That's how I felt about it. But I'm also paranoid about landing awkwardly on the knee. If I can tear it doing YOGA!!!
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-27 10:48 AM
:shocker!::shocker!:  Your workplace!  Gah!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-27 1:59 PM
Good run... negative split!  :cool:
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 7:32 AM
Today is going to be great. :roll:: pbbt: No really, it started off good!

5.3 miles (a little over 4 with my friend and then I finished up) on a cool but not windy a.m.
I'm going to yoga in a bit for my third day in a row! Yay, I've been trying to make that more of a priority. :grin:

Tonight is the annual tree lighting at the TCU campus. We will walk over there! They have cookies, screaming hot chocolate, letters to Santa, etc. Supposedly they are bringing back the fake snow this year. My kids will be thrilled if it's true! :hug:

Update on the Christmas sitch. Last night, my hubby texted the group and said we lived out of a suitcase and drove over 10 hours during Thanksgiving weekend so we are staying here for Christmas. We even offered for everyone to come here. I want to ask him if he got a reply but that's the nosy in me and I'd be better off just letting this thing rest. Lord knows we've already argued about it enough. :laugh:
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-11-27 8:04 AM
Three cheers to the hubs!!  It is going to be a good day

Tree lighting sounds like it will be nice, too, :hug:
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-27 8:34 AM
Have fun tonight! :hug:

That was a lot of car time for Thanksgiving! :shocker!:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 8:54 AM
Heck yeah, staying home for Christmas!
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-27 9:06 AM
Oh, that must be such a relief knowing you won't have to travel :cool:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:22 AM
ooh, that is a good day.

I'm glad to her that your husband took the lead on solving the christmas situation. It sucks when you are always the one traveling.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:40 AM
have fun tonight! why is the hot chocolate screaming? :wtf:

good workouts!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:47 AM
Christmas is so much fun for kids. How old are yours? At 20, my son is over it, but my daughter loves the fun stuff- tree lighting and decorating, cookies... still, and she's 18.:hug:
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:26 AM
You have a great husband!!
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-27 10:47 AM
Yay, that's great your husband stepped up and protected your holiday time.  :hug:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 11:04 AM
Yay DH!!!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:06 AM
Good for your hubby!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-27 2:01 PM
I will be driving a bazillion miles over Christmas/New Years (17 hours down to FL, 13 hours back from GA). I sort of like it though. Plus, the weather should be warmer.
- - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-27 8:31 AM
Today is TBD. While I want to hope for the best, I've got some Eeyore going on today.

13.13 mi this morning. Really needed a 20 to pound out the stress, but I took what I could get.

Last night, I made a nice banana loaf cake with a brownie-batter swirl. One of the few remaining perks of my job is that I can actually say that I've become friends with the person whose recipe and book I used! Probably will bake something tonight since I have a board meeting to go to tomorrow night. #therapybaking
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-11-27 8:49 AM
I've got some Eeyore going on today.   Very sorry about the stress.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-27 9:08 AM
Wow! Great run this morning!
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:23 AM
I think the therapy baking beats emotional eating!
But I am sorry about the mess you have going on. Nice run for a Tuesday!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:31 AM
I'd have to get up so early to run 13 miles on a weekday - that's pretty awesome
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:41 AM
sorry about the stress. Therapy baking is a productive form of therapy. The cake sounds delish!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:27 AM
I'm more of a Tasmanian Devil than Eeyore.:laugh:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-27 10:47 AM
13 miles on a weekday is very impressive in my books!  Glad you could get it in and boil off some stress.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:05 AM
Sorry about the stress :sad::hug:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 11:06 AM
Brownie batter plus banana loaf cake?!!!! Yes, it's lunchtime again :laugh:

I can relate to Eeyore, but everyone loves Eeyore! :hug:
Parent - By SRoo Date 2018-11-27 11:57 AM
I hope you find your tail.  Although it will probably just fall off again.  :sad: :hug:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 1:17 PM
Wow, nice morning run!
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-27 2:02 PM
You must be feeling lucky today with the double 13's! Hope it turned out to be a good day.
- - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 8:33 AM
4.50 miles w/ little Mr Benji this morning. we've been exploring a few new routes/neighborhoods, so I wasn't really sure how far we were going to get, but I like it.
we saw 4 walkers & 4 dogs, plus a little dog named Hugo that was getting let out in his front yard and needed to tell us he didn't appreciate us running by : pbbt:

Today is our first night since the 15th without the boys and OHLORT I am so ready for a quiet house tonight and not having to play Yahtzee! They're such great boys (most of the time) but man, the nonstop questions :cry::cry:
Also, first day going back to Bikram yoga after work today :shocker!:  if I don't die, I plan to go back Thursday morning and then Sunday afternoon too - I need to be more bendy, and I love the hot room. pray for me.
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-27 8:37 AM
Bikram can be so amazing, but the adjustment to that environment is tough. Good luck!
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-27 9:08 AM
Enjoy your quiet house!
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:24 AM
good luck with Bikram.

oh, I am sure a quiet house is a wonderful feeling!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:37 AM
I just wish there was a studio closer to home. the Dallas location and the Richardson location are both exactly 11 miles from home. :roll: I need someone to open one in Irving.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:49 AM
I ran my first PR marathon while doing Bikram, love it! But after I took a break, it was hard to build up resistance to the heat again. Good luck!
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:28 AM
When I walk out of Bikram (which I have not done in years), I always felt like I just had a massage.  Have fun!
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-27 10:46 AM
Aaaaah, I can feel the quiet from here.  :hug::hug::hug:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 10:50 AM
Psst... If you don't have them already, they have electronic handheld yatzee games.  My Dh may or may not have worn a few out over the last 20 years while on his throne. : pbbt:

I've done and love hot yoga, but have never tried the Bikram style. I've read about it, but we don't have it here.  Enjoy the sweatfest!
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:52 AM
we've already decided to get travel yahtzee for our Christmas road trip - the boys will be in heaven! :laugh:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 11:06 AM
DH has long been addicted. He won't travel without it!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:05 AM
You're a stepmom right? :wtf: It's a tough job, and it sounds like you are doing great. Enjoy the quiet night! :hug:
Signed, another stepmom with great stepkids (most of the time) :wink:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:45 AM
yes - to 3 boys (10, 12 and 14) and thank you, I try :hug:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-27 12:36 PM
3 boys! :shocker!: Even more credit to you then! I have a 13-year-old boy and an 11-year-old girl, they still like me so I must be doing something right. : pbbt:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-28 9:13 AM
:hug:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 1:18 PM
Nice run and enjoy yoga!
I've been practicing in the hot box lately so it's a nice 99 degrees. :cool:
- - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-27 9:17 AM
Today is grey again. With rain. I was thinking last night it's been raining since July, really.

Had PT first thing this morning. It's interesting seeing how weak I am in certain areas. And I'm anxious to see how this helps my running.

Maybe 7 or 8 after work tonight.

Had a dream last night about running through a canyon with all these red rocks. In the dream I had agreed to walk with these two other people but I kept looking ahead and saw how smooth the trail was and ended up going past them and running all these little mogul type hills and along the side of the canyon walls :laugh:

Forgot to mention a weird thing on my way to work yesterday. There was this guy with a snow brush/scraper jamming it into a mailbox. Not sure if he was trying to retrieve something or what..
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:25 AM
that seems like a vivid dream!
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-27 9:28 AM
It has been really dreary lately. :meh:

Sounds like PT is helping!
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:59 AM
I'm the queen of dream interpretations! Ok, here it is: You are running with problems (the two other people) that you feel held back by (agreeing to walk when you could run), but your optimistic nature (looking ahead at the smooth trail) is going to help you push past the problems and do what you want to do- tackle the bigger challenge (run moguls).

Dream dictionary says rocks symbolize stubbornness or rigidity, can be yours or someone else's, and the color red can mean a lot of things, including anger, vitality, leadership...

No charge.: pbbt:

Oh and I'm so psyched that you live so close to that new race in Owego! I think I'll sign up while it's still cheap.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-27 10:10 AM
:laugh: I like your interpretation!

Yes, sign up!! It's just west of me. Owego is a nice little town.
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2018-11-27 10:44 AM
Ooh, I should start posting my dreams here!  I've been having some weird ones lately.  : pbbt:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:07 PM
The doctor is in!: pbbt:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:30 AM
I'm optimistic your PT will help you as much as mine helped me improve my weak spots.
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-27 10:51 AM
Yeah, I can sort of see/feel how it will make me feel more "stable".
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-27 10:46 AM
Hope the physio helps you.  :happy:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:01 AM
did you have to go to PT or did they come to you? my mom's PT is making house calls.

maybe he was squishing a critter in the mailbox? :wtf: :sad:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-27 11:20 AM
I go. It's right across from where I work, so very convenient. And I scheduled them first this in the morning. But house PT would be nice for elderly people I would think..

This was an official USPS mailbox. I think what he was doing was likely a crime? Because I don't think you are suppose to tamper with mailboxes.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 11:08 AM
PT is so humbling. What looks so easy is anything BUT! I am sure it will help the running.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 1:19 PM
Hope you see some sunshine soon :hug:
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-27 2:07 PM
Seriously on the rain. We are 2 feet above normal here.

My interpretation of your dream is that you are looking to run in the Moab or some other place in Utah.  :cool:

I have weird running dreams quite often. Recurring lately is some trail that I've run before, like a favorite section. It keeps popping up several times this year, the dreams and the trail. It's like a deja' vu feeling, like I've been there before, love it, and want to go back. Ok spin, have at it!
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-27 2:14 PM
The surface of the trail in the dream was a lot like the trails at Javelina--fine, crushed stone.. But then the rock walls were like Bryce canyon..
- - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-11-27 9:19 AM
9km with Molly in the pouring rain again.  This time on our own in the dark.  Pepe the cat came in the house just now for a few minutes.  Milo would have put the fear of God in her
but Molly and her are buddies as long as Peps doesn't run.....then it's game on.  I wonder if Pepe thinks...."WTF when she comes into a warm dry house.

When we drove home I had my Sirius radio on and Paul Simon's "Kodachrome" was playing.  It made me think how a lot of younger peeps wouldn't really understand what the hell he is singing about.

Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:26 AM
Cats love a warm dry house! I'm sure she appreciated it
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-11-27 9:41 AM
She could be a permanent resident if she didn't make me sneeze etc etc :hug:
Parent - - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-27 9:26 AM
There's a movie on Netflix called Kodachrome that's pretty good. About the last place to develop film.. Ed Harris is in it.
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-11-27 9:42 AM
Is it in colour?  Everything looks worse in black and white:hug:
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-27 10:10 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-27 9:29 AM
When we drove home I had my Sirius radio on and Paul Simon's "Kodachrome" was playing.

I wonder if film will end up being like vinyl and have some sort of retro hipster comeback.
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-11-27 9:42 AM
I recently gave a guy about 300 albums and he almost died from excitement :hug:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-27 10:44 AM
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:41 AM
is it at least not cold pouring rain? I don't think I'd be able to get started in cold and rain. :wimp:
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-11-27 9:44 AM
It was about 41F so not exactly tropical but I love the rain ….not as much as Molly.  Last year we got snow Nov 15 so rain is just fine!  :hug:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:30 AM
Love that song!
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-11-27 11:58 AM
It's likely too much for a bumper sticker but:

When I think back
On all the crap I learned in high school
It's a wonder
I can think at all

Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 1:20 PM
Pepe :hug:
I love cats. My kids do too but we all sneeze like crazy after too much time with them. :sad:
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-11-27 3:24 PM
Some people sneeze really cute so you could get a real kick out of hanging out with your kiddies and a cat! :hug:
- - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:19 AM
Today is a gorgeous fall day.

Run was 7.7 miles, cool crisp sunny weather. it was in the 30s but felt good. I have this new shirt, it is kind of odd-a crop top with a mock neck but I like it because it is super reflective and if I wear it with a long tank underneath it is the perfect weight for this weather.

I have a 3 hour meeting with a client today, my boss was supposed to fly in because this is a really big meeting. I got back from my run with a text that he overslept and missed his flight. Part of me understands that shit happens, blah blah blah, but if I am being honest it adds to my low level annoyance with stuff. I have never overslept and missed a flight for client meeting. It is just unprofessional. And now I have to lead this meeting with a tough client that I wasn't planning to lead. It is not a big deal, I can do it, but I'm not thrilled.
Also, I have to leave at 3:45 (it is supposed to end at 4) so that I can get N from chess club.

Speaking of N, one of the perks of R's job is we get to go to a really nice breakfast with santa event. I don't know how many more years of her believing we have so we are going on Sunday. This morning I asked her what her she wants to ask him for and she said she wants magic to give other people their wishes. I think the logic is that if Santa is magic he can give her magic. I am a little concerned about this.
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:42 AM
enjoy breakfast w/ Santa :hug:
it really was a nice morning today - especially the lack of wind
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-27 10:12 AM
It's so nice when you can find a good clothes combo :cool:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:33 AM
I would be more concerned if all N wanted was video games.  Wanting something lovely, albeit fake from a fake person, is beautiful.:hug:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:45 AM
it is adorable that she wants to make other people's wishes come true, but I don't know how to make her wish happen!
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2018-11-27 10:43 AM
N's wish is adorable.  Your boss is an ass.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:50 AM
N is adorable :hug:

My boss is :meh: but this is the type of weird shit that gives me a bad feeling, you know?
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:03 AM
What skigirl said
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 11:10 AM
:mutmad: oh my on your boss! I hope you can end the meeting early. Talk fast : pbbt:

:hug: N
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-27 11:27 AM
IMO, that's super unprofessional of your boss. Yikes.

I bet Santa will have a good way to explain how the Santa magic works.
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:35 AM
if Santa can't explain it at the breakfast, he will have to be very eloquent in his letter.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 1:20 PM
Great run! It was a gorgeous morning! :grin:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-27 2:09 PM
Weird, how does one sleep in and miss a flight to a big meeting. Strange, and sort of unprofessional if there were no unexpected circumstances.
- - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:28 AM Edited 2018-11-27 9:31 AM
Today is a very full day.

hi everyone! just thought I'd check in. Life is crazy with a 2 year old and a 7 week old, surprise surprise. I returned to classes three weeks ago (I'm a PhD student), and am scrambling desperately to catch up, while also trying to adjust (and help everyone else adjust) to this new reality of life with 2 children. And there's all the fun of newborn sleep deprivation to add to the mix.

But I'm trying to get back into running. 3.75 miles on the TM yesterday, in 45 min (walk-run combo), and 3 miles today in just under 36 min. Trying to keep up with core work too, but of course that's always the first thing to fall by the wayside :meh:. Anyway, hopefully I'll be checking in more frequently, but I am totally swamped with work and life so who knows.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:43 AM
Wonderful to hear from you!  I can't believe you're trying to put running back into that schedule, but good for you!!  Good luck with the catching up, too.  I don't remember much about my kids when they were first born except that I was amazed at how I didn't die from sleep deprivation.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:34 AM
Just go with the flow.  You will do fine and be the best mommy you can be.:hug::hug:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-27 10:42 AM
:hug::hug::hug:
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:02 AM
:happy: sounds crazy busy and crazy amazing
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-11-27 3:04 PM
or maybe just crazy :cry:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:02 AM
:hug::hug::hug:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 11:10 AM
It's great to hear from you!  When the kids were 0&3 was the hardest year of my life...
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-11-27 3:03 PM
so hard... :cry::hug:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:18 AM
that is crazy! Hang in there, you are doing a great job!
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-27 11:28 AM
Your days are definitely full, but it's in a good way! :hug:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 1:21 PM
Impressive that you are making time for everything! You go mama! :grin:
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-11-27 3:03 PM
ugh, I wouldn't exactly say I'm making time for everything... more like doing the bare minimum for everything.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 4:25 PM
Well, you're doing a lot :hug:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-27 2:10 PM
Wow. Busy life you have for sure. Good you can get some running in though!
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:33 PM
Good job getting the runs in! 

5 more weeks... + or - ...to granddaughter here.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-11-27 3:03 PM
aw yay!! :hug::hug:
- - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 9:41 AM
10 very nice miles this morning.:happy: Didn't plan on running so long, but I felt good so I went with it. I ran miles 4-6 at the local track at a faster pace, felt pretty good. Got home, walked my dogs, now I'm eating breakfast- super green smoothie and some whole milk yogurt, and another cup of coffee- and getting ready to head out to work. Nice day here, but windy!
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:35 AM
I needed yogurt for a recipe last night, and was bummed I forgot to pick it up this weekend.  Thanks for reminding me to grab some tonight.
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:18 PM
My SIL visited last June, and turned me on to whole fat yogurt. I think I've eaten it every day since!:hug:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-11-27 7:36 PM
I do Greek yogurt...always Chobani as it is a very charitable corporation.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 8:15 PM
I believe Greek yogurt also has a higher protein content.

I saw an interview with the founder of Chobabi a few years ago. Very cool story! Thanks
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2018-11-27 10:42 AM
Those unexpectedly good runs are such a gift!
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:25 PM
So true!:hug:
Parent - - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 11:11 AM
Woah! Bottle up that feeling to bring out on another day! :grin::grin:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:24 PM
I wish!:hug:
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:18 AM
yay for a great run! it is so nice when that happens.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:24 PM
It is!:hug:
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-27 11:35 AM
The wind gusts were crazy from that system that went through. :shocker!:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:20 PM
Yes! And ever since that branch fell on my shoulder a few weeks ago, I've turned into Chicken Little on windy days. I keep looking up, and get so nervous running under big trees.
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 1:22 PM
I'm loving all these long runs on a weekday morning. Maybe I'll get there someday :laugh:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:21 PM
I used to do them more, but it is time consuming!
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-27 2:10 PM
All was good with this post until the green smoothie!  : pbbt:
Parent - - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:24 PM
If you want a green smoothie to sound absolutely delicious, you should read this article!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-28 9:16 AM
:cry::cry::cry:
- - By essel [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:39 AM
Today is a busy day. To be more specific: busy with work.  Puppy didn't want me to go out today :hug: kept bringing ball to play with him. He is growing and getting stronger, so much fun to have him around.
Only swim this morning and since I didn't go running this morning, I will make it extra long with some fast swimming in between sets.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-27 10:42 AM
Aw, the pupster.  :hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:02 AM
hope the pool is just the right temperature!
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 11:12 AM
A day has to be good if puppies are involved :happy: or maybe I should say playing puppies... They can be a bit mischievous...
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:19 AM
:hug:puppy play sounds wonderful
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 1:22 PM
:grin::grin:
- - By skigirl Date 2018-11-27 10:41 AM
Morning all.  I changed things up today and instead of going to the gym after work, I went to the gym before work.  I have a lot of stuff to do this week and it felt less stressful to get the workout out of the way early and free up my evening.  Typically on Tuesdays I don't get home until around 8:00 so this will be a nice change.  Anyway - 15 mins on the elliptical, then some strength stuff, then I tried to run stair repeats but I was feeling weirdly dizzy, so I quit.  : pbbt:

The advantage of working out in the morning is that I can have a shower afterwards - I love the showers in my gym: each person gets a private cubicle, and the nozzle is mounted quite high on the wall and the water pressure is high so I get a nice mini-massage over my neck and shoulders.  Unlimited hot water; lots of space rather than the tiny stall we have at home; aaah.  :happy:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:49 AM
Getting the workout done in the morning is the BEST!!
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:51 AM
this!!
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-27 10:53 AM
Nice. That's why I like to run in the mornings on the weekend.

The showers at my workout place are gross. I never shower there.
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:10 AM
I don't like the curtains they use for the stalls at LA Fitness - not quite enough coverage. so if I ever swim, I'm a quick rinse and gtfo, even though there's never anyone else in there. I'm dumb :laugh:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 11:14 AM
Lol! Good water pressure and high nozzles are a definite must (especially when one is an Amazon.) But I like a tub/shower so I can have a place for my foot while shaving. And our gym floors are usually moldy. Planet fitness' are ok I will admit. But I prefer mine.

Dizzy on stairs => not a good combo
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:20 AM
I love morning workouts, right now it is really hard for me to do any other time.

That sounds like an amazing shower
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-27 11:30 AM
I'm almost exclusively a morning-workout person. I couldn't trust myself to commit to anything after work, except maybe for yoga, which of course I haven't done for years.
Parent - By essel [us] Date 2018-11-27 12:11 PM
Once I exercise before work - I feel like accomplished something already ;) just like making bed every day.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 1:22 PM
Yes! Good job!
I pretty much don't work out unless it's in the morning! :grin:
- - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:47 AM
Today is cardio day at boxing class......I am always so tired on Tuesday nights after those workouts as I usually run 10 miles before work.  Today was a 10 mile morning, 4 with skinny blondes, the last 6 on my own.

Last week, when I went to get the boy at school for the holiday, we looked at apartments for next year.  He and his buddies had picked a cheap place WAY, WAY off campus which while cheap, would be at least a 30-45 minute bus ride each way.  I spoke with the other parents and while we all agreed we appreciated the boys' frugalness, it was impractical.  When I was there, we found a place less than a half mile from the part of campus where most of their classes are (the boy currently walks almost a mile from his dorm......UT's campus is HUGE), which is safe, furnished, and clean-ish :roll:  I think they are all signing leases today for more than double the rent they initially thought they would pay.  I feel much better about the location and will just get used to eating PB&J sandwiches so I can afford the rent!:laugh:  This is the curse of going to school in an awesome city instead of po-dunk college town like his sister.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-11-27 10:50 AM
uh, I understand why you are tired on Tuesdays... :shocker!:

sounds like a good choice for the boy. PB&J :laugh: the things we do for our kiddos!
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:02 AM
Glad to hear the living situation is resolved!
Parent - - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:12 AM
do they not have available dorms at UT? my small middle of ND school required dorms until I think junior or senior year. but here it seems like kids go straight to apts :wtf: is it cheaper than living on-campus?
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 11:20 AM
Depends on the school. DS1s tiny private school requires 3 years of on-campus housing. But mine and the public ones here only guarantee dorms for freshmen. If you don't get in by lottery, you get the bottom of the barrel re: available apartments. Whether it's cheaper probably depends on school/location. It'll be about half price for DS next year
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-27 11:32 AM
Herself lived on campus all four years of college. Her senior year, she lived in an apartment-style dorm, which was nice. Didn't need to be on the meal plan, which saved us money. She and her roommates had the advantage of being in an apartment-style living situation without having to deal with an off-campus residence.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:11 PM
At both UT and A&M, there don't have enough dorm space for even all the freshmen. It is one year and out! Blazergirl was thrilled to live get out of the dorm as she prefers to cook healthy meals on the weekend and have them ready for the week. The boy will likely still crap even when he gets a kitchen.:roll:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 11:17 AM
Sounds like the right move for DS.   But podunk town? DS' town had 7000 people. Hopefully that doesn't include students, but it might. :laugh:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:21 AM
I'm so glad you found a good place for blazer boy to live next year, a long bus ride would be really hard.
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-27 11:32 AM
Glad the housing stuff all worked out!
Parent - By essel [us] Date 2018-11-27 12:13 PM
40-45 min transit is long for students and it would get old very quickly. Speaking from experience :meh:
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 1:24 PM
Good work on finding a closer place! :grin:

HA! Poor College Station. I kinda like that town. : pbbt:
Parent - - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:13 PM
Except for the part of campus which is 150 years old (the Monsters University part), I think it so very boring. I always say the rest of the campus looks like how I picture North Korea looking!:laugh:  The rest of College Station does nothing for me, though parts of Bryan are nice....especially the downtown area.
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 4:27 PM
I was mostly teasing. Austin and CS couldn't be more different!! :laugh:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:29 PM
Heh, I wonder if this was BB's plan all along?: pbbt: Nah, he's too good. Now, my son... he would totally do something like that, betting I would then put out for the more expensive apartment, while I wouldn't if that was the first place he showed me.:laugh:
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:09 AM
Today is confusing. :laugh: I am in SF for work, I flew in last night and will be flying home tonight. The time change has thrown me completely off! I was up at 3am local time :roll: and finally went running around 5:30. The guy at the front desk wanted me to wait until it was a bit lighter outside, but I was going stir crazy. 4 miles on the running path right outside my hotel that's on the bay by the airport. :cool: I have been working all morning since my run and it's still only 9am. :cry::laugh: We have a rehearsal for our meeting at 11, then we are heading to the client at 12:30 for our meeting from 1-3. Then I am back to the airport and heading home. Longest day ever!
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:13 AM
not even enough time to go have lunch w/ Greenie! : pbbt:
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 11:21 AM
Oh dear lord!!!! Don't even try to figure out west coast time!
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:23 AM
I do that trip a lot, and I stay at those hotels by the path (usually I stay at the doubletree). Anyway, I bring a headlamp and that path is totally fine.

I usually don't try to get on the West Coast schedule, not worth it for 1-2 days.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:50 AM
I thought of you this morning! I'm at the Marriott, and if we win this business and I am out here more, I will definitely bring the headlamp!
Parent - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-27 11:34 AM
That's a crazy day! Good luck with the presentation!
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 1:24 PM
Whoa, that's quite a day!
Good work on getting a run in! :grin:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:31 PM
Ugh! That kind of hit and run travel would make me seriously crazy! You rock!:cool:
- - By nooner [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:12 AM
3.5 miles before work.

Today is the day I pull the plug on trying to run anything at Kiawah next weekend. I met my running partner at the riverfront this morning to try for 5 flat miles down there but the knee was complaining at 2 miles so I waited there while he ran out to the end and came back.

I am going to try to see my ART Dr. but her office is closed today. I think the issue is muscle imbalance caused by my fall on the trails 2 weeks ago that bruised my quad. I’m hoping she can loosen some things up and that will help with the knee.
Parent - By brneydrnnr (barney cougar) [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:13 AM
hope you can get into the ART soon. sucks about your knee.
Parent - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-27 11:22 AM
:sad:I'm sorry but it sounds like a smart move. I hope the ART helps. Sounds like a reasonable explanation
Parent - By cowboyjunkie Date 2018-11-27 11:23 AM
Hope you can figure out what's going on :sad:
Parent - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:23 AM
i'm really sorry.
Parent - - By Doughboy (spamkiller) Date 2018-11-27 11:33 AM
:cry:

Herself is in the mix for an internship at Fort Sumter. If she ends up there, I'll probably run Kiawah again next year!
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2018-11-27 1:26 PM
That would be a cool place for her to have an internship. Charleston is a cool place.

They will probably run a special price deal the day after the race (December 8). Last year, I paid $41 to register for this year. I figured even if I didn’t end up running, it’s only about $40.
Parent - By blazer85 [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:15 PM
$41.....a dollar here and a dollar there, soon you have two dollars!
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:52 AM
:cry: Sorry to hear about the knee. I am not trying to run anything fast at Kiawah next weekend, I'm thinking 4:30? Will you be able to run at all?
Parent - - By nooner [us] Date 2018-11-27 1:30 PM
It’s going to take a miracle at this point but I’m not ruling it out. I just don’t want to do more damage and mess with other things that are already booked early next year.

I know a bunch of people who are running so I may just come down and cheer everyone on. I will drop you an email to check in on your travel plans.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-27 7:27 PM
Definitely don't do more damage. Definitely hit me up when you know what you are doing, you can still stay with us even if you aren't running. : pbbt:
Parent - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 1:25 PM
Hope you get an answer :sad:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-27 2:13 PM
Sorry about the knee. Sucks with a race so close on the schedule. Hope you get a good answer.
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:32 PM
Aw, Bummer on the knee! So sorry! I hope it clears up quickly.
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:38 PM
Sucks about your knee.  Play it safe!
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2018-11-27 4:06 PM
May the ART be with you.
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:13 AM
Today is Tuesday!

Went to the gym & swam 1000 meters & then taught (as a sub) the 9:30am spin class.  I had time before class but not enough time to get my usual distance in but 1000 was ok and gave me 113.65 miles for the year, .15 more than I've previously swam in a year!

It's funny.  I also subbed yesterday's 9:30am spin class and had 22 very active participants.  Today I had 4; one was taking it easy because she had her knee replaced a year ago, one who told me she sits in the back & cranks up the resistance & just pedals slow...doing her own thing :roll:, another who acknowledged spinning previously but otherwise appeared to be a newbie and one other who was riding "normal" but may have been older than me :shocker!:   I had a pretty aggressive class in the hopper but toned down many of the movements for this audience.  I expected a low turnout from previous experience but the instructor I subbed for has offered if I need coverage for one of my early morning classes at the last minute because we're going to the hospital when my daughter delivers, I can call her, even if it's 3am, to cover the class so, I have to be nice to her.
Parent - - By donnasaur [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:24 AM
wow, that is so different from your class yesterday!
Parent - - By Ed [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:47 PM
The instructor I subbed for yesterday draws many more riders on a regular basis than the one I subbed for today.
Parent - By Schantzie [us] Date 2018-11-27 3:52 PM
I can see why you agreed to sub, though.  That is a very kind offer.   Such an exciting time for you !! :hug:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:52 AM
Congrats on the swim PR!
Parent - By Ed [us] Date 2018-11-27 2:47 PM
Thanks!
Parent - - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-27 1:26 PM
Nice work on the swimming!!
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Today is Tuesday Dailies
1 2 Previous Next