Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tom's Antarctica Pics
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-26 10:54 PM
I'm posting a link to a whole bunch pictures from Antarctica.  These are not all my pictures.  We were encouraged to share 5-10 pics a day.  There is no way you can capture everything. 

I started with a map.  We actually started in Buenos Aires almost 2000 miles to the north.  We sailed from Ushuaia.  It is about 600 miles to the Antarctic Peninsula across the Drake Passage.  You will see some pics of zodiacs.  Zodiac cruising is equally as fascinating as landings. 

Look carefully at the sequence of a leopard seal striking a penguin. I did not take these.  Reports say the penguin eventually escaped.  Wow. 

Sorry there are no explanations.   And the pics are not in chronological order. 

Enjoy.

https://antarcticatp.shutterfly.com/pictures/86
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-27 7:08 AM
These are wonderful!  What a great experience this must have been.  You were at the bottom of the world.  The world is full of fascinating places.  Thanks for sharing.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-27 7:35 AM
Great pictures.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-27 8:05 AM
Wow!   And just so you know, I held my breath for the penguin series and for the Tom takes a plunge series!!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-27 8:16 AM
I need to watch these slowly later this evening.
Parent - - By pamruns [us] Date 2018-11-27 11:19 AM
LOVE these so much!! I need MORE PENGUINS!! LOL!!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-27 12:18 PM
Pam. it just put a smile on my face watching them.  I swear I could just spend a day plunked down in the snow just watching.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tom's Antarctica Pics