Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / the last Monday of November
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-26 6:40 AM
What does Monday hold for you?
Who has Thanksgiving leftovers?
Gloves or mittens?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-26 6:47 AM
We just received the largest snowfall since Feb of 2015:shocker!:  And it's only November!  Locally we have 12-14 inches.  8 is considered a big snowfall.

Lee has our property cleared (up at 4am) but I don't know where we would go.  The plows were called in overnight and are not going back out until 7am.  He took off in the Jeep - don't know how far he will get.  Unfortunately, the Jeep makes him feel invincible.

I'll check with the animal shelter mid morning.  I might be able to get down their main road but I know my Hyundai will never make it up the gravel lane.  They rely on volunteer snowplowing so it might be a while...

All that is left from the holiday is turkey; 3 pounds in the freezer.

Gloves or Mittens?  I prefer mittens but run in gloves.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-26 7:21 AM
That is a lot of snow.  It's 42 and cloudy here.  Hope Lee made it safely.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-26 8:04 AM
thanks, he did.  And Happy Tails called and said don't even bother.  Guess they don't want to be responsible for a bunch of retired ladies stuck in a snow drift.:laugh:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-26 10:46 AM
Too much snow.  Hope you have some good books at home.  Stay safe.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-26 7:18 AM
Sounds like a lot of snow and a lot of fun. I sure miss living up north.

We have 48°, rain, and wind. Heading downward all day into the 20's eventually.  I went to the gym for 3 on the treadmill.  Half mile warm-up walk, then alternated .25 jog/walk. If my right calf holds up, I hope to be running by January.

I wear gloves mostly, but as I get older my hands get colder on runs so I have switched to mittens for running if the temperature is below 30°.

Leftovers lasted 1 day, so there is nothing here.

Fireplace was dry after Saturday's rain so I am hoping it is fixed.  I should double check today, but I am too lazy.  I have the opening sealed off with contractor sized trash bags and masking tape. Every time I open it up to look I have to retape everything.  Our new gas log insert is supposed to be installed this week but I am not holding my breath.  It'll be 5 weeks tomorrow since I ordered the insert and was told it would be 2 weeks.  I am glad it is late because it allowed us to get the leak fixed first, but now I am ready for it to be done.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-26 7:21 AM
I hope the fireplace is indeed fixed!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-26 8:03 AM
sounds like your leak is fixed at last.  good news.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-26 9:13 AM
What does life hold once this is all fixed?  You'll be a free man!
Parent - - By OldAndInTheWay Date 2018-11-26 9:21 AM
Morning all. Haven't been on for awhile. Had a bad few weeks.
on 10/29 my dad (76) had a heart attack. Coded twice on the table but they were able to get stent in. Spent 12 days in ICU slowly improving and was going to be released to rehab to get strength back. I was visiting him the morning of 11/10. Heart rate kept going down and he coded again. They worked on him for a long time and couldn't bring him back. He died that morning. We had a memorial service for him on the 14th. All of this took place in Annapolis MD, 15 minutes from my house. He hadn't gone to Florida for the winter yet. So my Stepmom, sister, brother and I were able to spend 12 days at the hospital with him.
thanksgiving we had 58 people at our house including my Stepmom. It was tough but good to have everyone around.

running related. Hammy still a bit sore but improving every week.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-26 9:38 AM
So sorry to read all of this.  Your dad must have been a terrific father.  He raised a terrific son. It must have been difficult those last days, but it was good that you were with him.  Blessings for you and family.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-26 10:07 AM
Jen let us know about your dad Rob, so you've been in my prayers for a while.:hug:  I saw a photo of him on Sam's FB page and several of your boys look a whole lot like your dad.  Seems good he hadn't gone to Florida yet and gave you extra days together.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-26 10:37 AM
I am very sorry to hear this, Rob.  Blessings to you and your family.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-26 1:24 PM
I'm sorry Rob; you have been in my prayers also.  Your Dad was young and I'm glad you and your family were given those 12 additional days.

I agree with Tom, he raised an outstanding young man.  And so happy that the Thanksgiving holiday was spent with lots of family. I bet you guys had some laughs sharing stories about your Dad.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-26 9:33 AM
Ran in the rain.  A light 45* rain. Raw damp.  Ok until the shirt got too wet.  That's what I get for wearing cotton shirt.  But I have a ton of Reindeer Romp long sleeve cotton.  And yes, the Reindeer Romp is this Friday!  It will be a lot more romping than running.  That's okay, it's just a fun time. Ho ho ho!

Spent Sat night in the ER with Shirley. She was admitted and will be there a few days.   She fell and gashed the back of her head.  Took 2 staples.  But they also found a UTI and her bowels we terribly impacted.  Those things probably set her off Saturday climbing on things and all.  

Leftovers.  Of course.  Nothing wrong with that.  Mostly turkey. 

I'm a glove man. But funny thing as I struggled to put on gloves for the run I thought to myself, "You know Tom, mittens would be a lot easier for a run."

Working on Antarctica pics.  They asked us to share 5-10 pics every day.  They posted them yesterday.  Over 2000 pictures.  OH MY!   I spent last evening with football on in background but reliving my trip.  There are so many great photos, right place- right time.  Now I want to go back!!!  I am putting some on a share site for you all to see.

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-26 10:09 AM
Saturday night in the ER - never a good thing.:sad:  It's good you can rest up a bit while they take care of her.   I'm excited for your Antarctica pics - such a great adventure!!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-26 10:44 AM
Hoping Shirley recovers quickly and well.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-26 10:42 AM
It was very windy this morning.  Fine pellets of snow were falling.  I ran 6 miles and occasionally I had to put down my head to keep the pellets of snow from stinging my face. 

We have a little leftover from Thanksgiving.  Turkey mostly. 

Makayla  returned to work today at Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken where she worked for over a year before heading off to college.  She was excited to be going back.  She loves her work there.  After school I'm going to the gym for weight work.  Makayla is going to meet me there after she gets off work.

I'm the same as Dave with the gloves/mittens.  I struggle keeping my hands warm when the temperature gets really cold.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-26 12:19 PM
Go to the gym. Makayla join you.  That has to make for a great workout!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / the last Monday of November