Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Moonlight Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-26 6:15 AM
The moon is still so bright!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-26 6:20 AM
~63 degrees Saturday

~8.8 inches of snow and 45 mph winds Sunday

~All highways out of town were closed down at one point yesterday :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

~Since Friday morning when I got here to right now I have worked about 40 hours

~Got some pain and swelling in my sinuses on the left side of my face. Eye and jaw hurt. Can't open my mouth all the way:mutmad:

~All of a sudden it's been weeks again since I ran. What the fuck
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-26 6:40 AM
Feel you on the running...:cry:

Your weather and snow videos - insane!
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-26 6:43 AM
Ouch on the facial pain.  :cry:  That sounds awful.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-26 7:33 AM
wow that's a big change and a ton of snow. Is it all cleaned up now?

Why did you have to work on the weekend? Weather reports?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-27 5:47 AM
It's still a friggin mess. Most of the school still closed today

Yeah, we didn't have anybody who could work this weekend so I had to be in doing weather updates and news reports of closed highways, power outages, etc off and on all day sat and sun
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-26 6:25 AM
--Ordered some things on line during Black Friday. Kohl’s gets the idiot award. Placed one order which was fine. Got my $15 Kohl’s cash so decided to use that two days later. Placed another order for 4 items. I get a confirmation shortly thereafter saying one of my items is ready for pick up at the store...........in Illinois. :wtf: Called customer service and after 20 minutes of my time, explaining the situation, the girl canceling one order, placing another, asking for my address, blah blah blah we supposedly fix everything. Next day I check email and it says my package for the above-mentioned item is being shipped to my former address. :wtf::wtf: There was never any mention of my former address. Not sure what happened there. Took literally 30 minutes on the phone to get everything corrected. :roll:

--Turkey Strut went well. We had 278 paid registrants.

--The 10-14 boys AG (my nephew and distant cousin were in that one) only had a total of 5 seconds separating 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Rory, my cousin got 1st and Larson got 2nd. :cool:

--Boy, we got a lot of stuff done over the holiday. Electric fence moved so we can rotational graze the cows, barn/shop cleaned, file cabinet emptied at work and brought home (burned a bunch of paperwork), a few runs done, etc.

--I’m about done with my recycling efforts. Took a whole car load to Monett on Saturday and when I got there they were closed. :mutmad: I can’t do this. I don’t mind to recycle but when I have to drive 50 miles R/T and then they’re unexpectedly closed, this is not going to fly.

--Finishing up 6 classes this week. :cool: Will finish another 5 next week. Then, it’s pretty smooth sailing until the first of the year. That’s fine because I need to work on lesson plans for the older grades.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-26 6:31 AM
Great job on the race!
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-26 6:45 AM
Kohls canceled my black Friday order.  :cry:  At least you are probably getting yours.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-26 6:51 AM
Did you leave the recycling on their front door???? :mutmad:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-26 3:02 PM
I was tempted. : pbbt: The glass bin was unlocked so they got my stash of wine bottles. At least I didn’t have to cart those back home.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-26 7:38 AM
Wow that's a close race in that AG!

I think Kohls messed up a bunch of things this weekend with the sales and people having account issues. Some people even got their accounts randomly locked out
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-26 3:04 PM
It took me forever to be able to use my Kohl’s cash. All I was thinking was “and we’re going to pay these people $4 more an hour”. :roll: At least in Missouri we are.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-26 6:42 AM
*Storm is hitting here right now.  The power flickered, went out, came back, went out, came back.  Went out... long pause came back.  Yes!  Got out of bed and immediately made coffee.  Priorities.

*I really hate winter.  And hello, blizzard warnings in November?  wtf indeed.

*Luckily I only have to travel a mile and a half today for work.  Wish I didn't have to leave the house. 

*It was such a wonderful weekend.  Wish I could hit rewind and enjoy it all over again.  That's the longest I've had everyone home together since last Christmas.  Anthony ended up staying the whole weekend.  :hug:  We did have to send Jonathan back to Wisconsin a day early due to snowmageddon.  :sad:

*And school is now canceled.  My senior is whoo-ing from his room.  :laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-26 6:45 AM
Sounds like a great weekend indeed

Be careful driving in the crappy weather today
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-26 7:27 AM
There is a snow storm coming and you have to travel???:shocker!:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-26 7:37 AM
Stay safe with the snow, glad you don't have to go too far. And glad the kids made it back before it hit too

I hate winter too!
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-26 6:50 AM
Tj has a concussion. He was standing on a bed last Wed with Q and Rip. He fell "face first" as he says. Hit pretty hard. He was fine. Q called me. We talked. Tj and I talked. He seemed fine. Took some tylenol. Went to bed. 2 hrs later he woke up with a headache and upset stomach. Then proceeded to throw up 6 times non-stop. So off they went to the ER. I met them at the Children's hospital at midnight. Happy Thanksgiving! :laugh:  He stopped throwing up right after arriving at the hospital. A cervical x-ray and ct and he was cleared. No bleeds. No broken bones. Just a concussion. Got home at 5am. Slept till 11. Went to Thanksgiving at my moms. Tj only had two headaches that day. So he went and laid down (voluntarily:shocker!:) Went to Thankgsiving at my BILs house. And has been fine since. But now he tells everyone he has a concussion. We'll see how he does at school today. The doc said the noise and lights can trigger the concussion symptoms. He has his sunglasses for the lights. And a long note to the teacher. No tests for Tj this week.

Calling the doc's office as soon as they open at 8 for a follow up and sports clearance. But that probably won't happen until next week.

This week is going to be long...i can already tell. I have too much stuff going on this week.

Ran twice this weekend. Never ever run on a migraine:cry:

I win thanksgiving! I lost weight this weekend:shocker!::laugh::laugh::cool::cool:

ATLANTA UNITED WINS THE FIRST LEG OF THE EASTERN CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  3 to ZERO! NYRB SHUTOUT!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-26 7:04 AM
Poor TJ

:sad:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-26 7:36 AM
poor TJ, hope the headaches and stuff stay away at school.

Yea for weight loss :laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-26 9:21 AM
Poor TJ.  I hope he feels ok at school.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-26 3:05 PM
Oh my gosh! Poor TJ.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-26 7:35 AM
I now have a 2 year old :shocker!:

He put on a spectacular 2 year old meltdown this morning. He is sick so that doesn't help. I'm thinking I'll probably get a call from daycare at some point today.

Fingers crossed he makes it through because I have a dentist appt tomorrow morning (cleaning) and then my crown work Wednesday. I hope the real crown works better than the temporary as I haven't been able to crunch anything on that back tooth without pain since they put the temp on

Book club in a week and I haven't started the book even though I've had it for 6 weeks at least

Took B to his first parade yesterday. My town does a Christmas parade. He enjoyed it and came home with a lot of candy - who needs some candy canes??
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-26 7:59 AM
2 year olds:cool::cool::cool: Enjoy this year. Both of mine turned crazy the second they turned 3.

What book?
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-26 8:04 AM
mine is already crazy :cry::cry:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-26 8:04 AM
Book is Sisters First. A memoir from Jenna and Barbara Bush about growing up in a political powerhouse family, their antics, etc (or at least that's what I think it is about since I haven't read it :laugh::laugh: )
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-26 8:11 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-26 9:23 AM
I seem to remember the terrible twos starting at about 15 months and lasting beyond 3.  :meh::cry:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-26 10:21 AM
:cry::cry:

yea he definitely started a few months ago and it just keeps getting worse.  And then the next minute he's a cute, sweet boy who wants to sit in my lap and watch puppies
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-26 12:11 PM
Focus on the cute moments and try hard to let the others go as quickly as you can.  And I know how hard that is.  They move on so quickly post tantrum and it would take me forever to recover from it.  :meh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Moonlight Monday RTTs