Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Black Friday, November 23 2018
- - By rungear [us] Date 2018-11-23 8:51 AM
GOOD MORNING OR GOOD DAY MASTERS!!!!

Masters, Black Friday shopping, are you?????:wtf:

After my 3ish mile soft jog and coffee with friends, I will stop at Costco and one or two other stores - I am looking for an 11inch iPad!

Have a good Friday and weekend Masters.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-23 9:12 AM
Good morning.  Thanks for getting things started.

I went out for a walk this morning and when Cindy got up we went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast.  We were next to the mall so we went there and got some Smartwool socks from Dick's/Field & Stream.  I have been getting Smartwool socks for my daughters and their families every year for at least the last 10-15 years. A tradition that started by accident when I got them socks and they liked them more than I would have guessed.

My daughter in Florida told me to stop getting socks for them because they don't need heavy wool socks anymore, so I only bought for my Michigan daughter and son-in-law.

I did some on-line shopping for the grandkids too. 

Rest of the day will be mixed.  More walking, some reading, Buffalo Sabres hockey, WVU football, maybe some Texas-Kansas football, and I am thinking of learning a very popular computer language called Python so I may get started on that.  I probably won't use it at work but it keeps my brain sharp (I hope) to learn new things.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-23 10:37 AM
Hmm...no wool socks.  Another reason I should never live in Florida.

Was the mall crowded?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-23 10:16 AM
Good morning from Code Purple--Black Friday Feast HQ.   Things went smoothly last night.   I was able to hook up a small TV on the 2nd floor and get the football games.  Not real exciting games but the guys enjoyed it.  Mark HH was here.   He chose to spend his anniversary with me instead of Martha.:laugh:   Black Friday Feast starts soon.  Lots of terrific leftovers.  Slowly reheating.

I hope maybe I have enough energy to run this afternoon.  I sure feel slugish.

What's your fitness age???  Oh my,   I think I died years ago.:shocker!:

https://www.menshealth.com/fitness/a25169323/fitness-age-test/

Tom in DE
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-23 10:41 AM
I can only do 2 of those Men's Health things less than my actual age.  Right now I work on flexibility and balance to avoid that curse of 80yr old women, the broken hip.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-23 3:35 PM
I'm not even going to look at that test -- might get discouraged.

Tom, your town is so lucky to have you!  You are the most generous, caring, unselfish person I know.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-23 10:35 AM
No Black Friday shopping, but I started early on Shop Small Saturday by going to the local coffee shop with my college roommate.  Such a wonderful coincidence that her in-laws live in the same town as me.

She is headed back to Wisc. now and I am on call to rake the last of the leaves.  We may get 4-8" of snow tomorrow so this might be the last chance on the leaves.

Later I'll be packing up left overs to send home with Amy and hope to get some yoga done as well.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-23 3:07 PM
Please come rake my leaves.  I've just barely begun. :cry:  Neat about your roommate,
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-23 3:29 PM
We only have tomorrow and next Friday for the city to collect our bags of leaves.  I have 2 trees that still have to drop:shocker!:  They are just going to have to lie there for the winter.  I'm afraid I'll have a busy spring.

Think I'll send some wind to Delaware and blow all your leaves away.  You are much too busy to rake.

ps, love the polar plunge photo!!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-23 3:32 PM
Wasn't that photo awesome!

My husband raked leaves earlier and mulched them with the mower.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-23 3:34 PM
Does Amy enjoy taking leftovers home?

Bet it was nice seeing your college roommate.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-23 6:28 PM
Amy brought an empty cooler home with her specifically to transport leftovers:laugh:  She has a real knack for turning leftovers into amazing pots of soup.   And yes, love spending an hour over coffee with my roomie and she enjoys getting away from the in laws for a bit.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-23 3:32 PM
I went to the gym this morning and since returning home, have just been doing odds and ends at the house.  Changed the shower curtain and liner in the guest bathroom.  I've been wanting to do that for quite some time and now that I am having a special guest in the near future, I really felt motivated.

After yesterday's company, my house is very quiet.

No shopping for me.  I did some online shopping earlier in the week.

Enjoy the afternoon.  We are have a sunny and 75 degree afternoon.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-23 6:31 PM
I took Misha for a hike in the timber and wore my customary long underwear plus a couple other layers, wool hat, and gloves inside my mittens.  Coming back home I glanced at the temp in the car and found it hit 50* today!  Felt a little foolish in all my winter gear, but I promise you I wasn't cold.:laugh:   Can't come close to your 75* though.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-23 6:51 PM
Maybe I should send you some slightly used Antarctic gear.....although I'm not sure that my bathing suit would fit.:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Black Friday, November 23 2018