Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thanksgiving, 22 Nov 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-22 7:09 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!

One thing I am grateful is all of you on this forum.  You don't know how much peace and support you give me when I need it most.

Enjoy the day with friends, family and your favorite foods.

Stay warm!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-22 7:51 AM
Happy Thanksgiving!  I too am very thankful that this forum has been a very good part of my life.

Ten years ago on this date a bunch of us were gathering for running and cheering for 50 miles of fun from Boonesboro to Williamsport, MD. 

https://jfk502008tp.shutterfly.com/

Tom in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-22 12:24 PM
I love these pictures so much!   Moose, look at little Makayla.  And everyone look, Rob had hair.:laugh:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-22 1:19 PM
I saw the photos and showed Makayla.  What a fun weekend!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-22 8:07 PM
Oh that is a good looking group!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-22 9:06 AM
Facebook popped up my pictures of that 50 mile weekend. Seeing Rick and Tom finish under the cutoff was fantastic.

I walked the Turkey Trot this morning. 45:54. I'm not a fast walker so that took some work to keep under 15 minutes a mile.

Now I'm at Bob Evans for breakfast and to pick up our "Feast for 4".
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-22 8:08 PM
I hope you enjoyed your "Feast for 4."

Good job on the Turkey Trot.
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-11-22 9:06 AM
Happy Thanksgiving Masters! :happy:

I am thankful that our family is all well, our new 1 yr old grandson (is now walking), our daughters new baby on it's way (in april '19), celebrating today with family, thankful for the Masters Forum, very thankful for the RAIN hitting the S.F. Bay area, and wishing all in Butte County recovery from the horrible fire that deleted the whole area.

No workout for me today, it will be a fun family day!

No black Friday shopping for me.  My wife and daughter are always black Friday shoppers - they will be out shopping at 6am Friday!

Later Alligators(Masters), enjoy your Thanksgiving Day!!! :hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-22 8:09 PM
Hope you had a good day with your family!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-22 9:40 AM
Happy Thanksgiving friends.  I love starting almost everyday with all of you.

I got passed by at least 30 people in the Drumstick Dash and I kept expecting them to burn out and I would catch them in the 3rd mile.  Alas, it didn't happen.  Didn't catch a single one.  I went after a girl really hard in the last 2/10ths but she surged at the same time. :sad:    But I ran well and it was a great start to one of my favorite days.  And, the head guy of the Salvation Army led us in a prerace prayer with the 'Amen' being the starting gun.  I liked it.

Amy is home and Misha is glued to her for a change.  Looks like a free day for me.  I've just been reminded to get the bird in the oven.:roll::shocker!:
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-11-22 11:07 AM
"I love starting almost everyday with all of you."  Well stated!!!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-22 1:25 PM
The prayer ends and the race begins.  Nice.  A nice all around post
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-22 8:11 PM
Hope you had a good day with the family!

My pie was a hit!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-22 1:18 PM
I am thankful for the friendship on the master forum.  We've been together for many Thanksgivings.

Ryan made it home last night.  He has to work tomorrow so he'll drive back tonight. 

I had been thinking about joining Planet Fitness for a little while.  One opened recently less than 10 miles from home.  Last night Makayla and I went over there and I joined.  I did some upper body stuff with Dumbbells and Makayla ran 2 miles on the TM. 

I ran 5 miles this morning.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-22 8:15 PM
Mike,
I really enjoy Planet Fitness.  You can't beat the price and we never have to wait for a machine.  Plus on extremely hot days or cold days, it's good to have it as an option.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thanksgiving, 22 Nov 2018