Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Racers: On your mark, get set, reply 'em...
- By IB Date 2018-11-21 8:31 AM
If you're racing this long holiday weekend or during the coming week, let everyone know about it!

Race name / distance

Date

Goals
- By IB Date 2018-11-29 10:39 AM
Let's just use this one even though this isn't a long holiday weekend.
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-29 11:00 AM
I ran an 8k on Thanksgiving and it was a PR! By default, since it was the only 8k I've ever run.

Posting this early since I probably won't be around next week:
Kiawah Island Marathon / 26.2 miles
Kiawah Island, SC
12/8/18 - good thing I checked, the race is Saturday not Sunday! :shocker!:
DH, my brother, and I registered for this race last December when the entry fee was $40. :cool: Then we promptly forgot about it until a few months ago and then realized we needed to make reservations for accommodations and figure out how the heck we were getting there! :laugh: And then there was that training thing too. Kiawah was supposed to be my goal fall marathon for trying to break 4 hours. I ran Steamtown in October as a training run, but I haven't been consistent or diligent in my training since then. I haven't done much speedwork and only a few long runs. There was a crap ton of NRR stuff going on that was stressing me out, so I just went with the flow with my running. So my revised goal is to run an evenly paced race, trying to hit 10min/mi for the entire race, and just have a good time. I am actually ready and feeling recharged to go for sub-4 in the spring.
Parent - By IB Date 2018-12-05 9:40 PM
Forty bucks!  :grin:  Hope it goes well for you and the crew.
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-12-07 9:03 AM
Wishing you luck! I signed up for this just last week. I cancelled my reservation just this morning. :sad: The combination of a rainy windy week-end along with dangerous conditions on the drive home, well, as my son said, "you and Dad are too old to be driving in that stuff".
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Racers: On your mark, get set, reply 'em...