Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday, 11/21 - Thanksgiving Eve
- - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-21 8:25 AM
In 1621 the colonists at Plymouth and the Wampanoag Indians fellowshipped with a meal.  Abe Lincoln proclaimed the first Thanksgiving.  Wouldn't it be fun if we could share a Thanksgiving meal together?  I'd bring the sweet potato casserole.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-21 8:32 AM
I slept in until 5:00.  Makayla woke me up at 9:22 last night, after I had just dozed off, to show me something from her college. She asked if I had to work today.  I told her no then she asked why I was asleep so early.:laugh:

Melissa is baking.  Well, she will be later.  Ryan is coming home tomorrow. 

Cold, but nice morning for a run.  I started just before sunrise, saw the sunrise and finished up with 7 miles. 

Makayla brought home a couple of her books she had to read for one of her classes.  I already started reading one of them.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-21 9:01 AM
:hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-21 1:38 PM
Your morning run sounds awesome.  I love mornings like that.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-21 2:10 PM
Thanks for starting daily, and thanks for a wonderful Moose House post.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-21 9:05 AM
A Thanksgiving meal together followed by the Masters version of Code Purple with Tom.  Now that would be a good day.

I am off to the Y to register for tomorrow's Drumstick Dash.  I like that they are not calling it a Turkey Trot.  Then I'm going to run the course to check it out.  I'll hit Kroger on the way home with all the other "oh guess what I forgot" Thanksgiving shoppers.

Amy should be home tonight.  She has an impromptu 5 year class reunion at a little restaurant downtown, then she'll be back to spend the night and help me cook tomorrow.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-21 1:37 PM
Oh Dawn, you have a fantastic idea!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-21 2:13 PM
Drumstick Dash.   I picture a bunch of folks lined up 100 yards from a big Feast table and the gun sounds, a mad dash and the food orgy begins.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-21 11:18 AM
I walked 3 on the clubhouse treadmill this morning with a few spurts of jogging. Someone donated a used treadmill last weekend so I thought I'd give it a whirl rather than drive to Planet Fitness or walk circles around the condos.  It is much better than the treadmill that has been in the clubhouse since we moved here, but it's still old. It felt like the belt had micro-slips now and then, but they went away after a while.

It'll be tough to concentrate at work with the 4-day weekend coming up and half the staff out on vacation. Sometime during the day, I'll take a work break and go pickup my packet for tomorrow's Turkey Trot 5k.  Over 1000 people with lots of walkers so I'll have company back in the rear of the race.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-21 1:38 PM
Good luck tomorrow.

Well at least your roofers showed up yesterday.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-21 2:04 PM
They are supposed to be back today to do a water test. But if they don't make it, I'll find out Saturday if it is fixed because we are supposed to get a lot of rain.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-21 2:16 PM
A little wind chill in that Turkey Trot tomorrow.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-21 1:36 PM
My workout is done and I am baking my pie and have my ambrosia salad in the fridge; will add the final touches tomorrow.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-21 2:52 PM
WooHoo!!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-21 6:38 PM
And they both looked so good!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-21 2:09 PM
I've been planning my weekend out a little:

Tonight - Hockey:
Buffalo vs. Philadelphia

Thursday - Football:
3 NFL games, but the one that interests me is Washington vs. Dallas

Friday - Hockey & College Football:
Buffalo Sabres vs. Montreal
WVU vs. Oklahoma

Saturday - More Hockey and College Football:
Buffalo Sabres vs. Detroit Red Wings
Marshall vs. FIU
Florida vs. Florida State
Michigan vs. Ohio State

Sunday - Football
Buffalo Bills vs. Jacksonville

That should keep me occupied.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-21 2:47 PM
and I'm guessing the team you'd like to win is listed first in each pairing.  I'll probably take a glance at the Michigan/Ohio State game.   2 blocks from Lisa's there is a house painted blue with yellow trim. There is a huge yellow M on the garage and a sign in the yard proclaiming it the Big House.  In Lansing, what were they thinking?:laugh:
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-21 4:47 PM Edited 2018-11-21 4:50 PM

>I'm guessing the team you'd like to win is listed first in each pairing<

Yes, except for the Florida State game. Having family in Tallahassee who were FSU fans helped me develop an interest in them. They have to pull off a major upset to keep their 36 year bowl streak going. It's the longest streak in the country.

Also, I don't care who wins the Dallas - Washington game. I just think it will be a good game.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-21 6:38 PM
Um...yes that should keep you occupied!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-21 2:25 PM
Another busy day.  I love retirement.   Doctor appt yhis morning.  BP and kidneys doing ok.  Then to BJ to get supplies for Black Friday Feast.  Church to check on supplies.  Grocery store to get items not found at BJ.  Hope Dining Room to spread word about Code Purple and Feast.  Stopped to tell neighbor about Antarctica.  Home to work phones and emails for CP vols.  It's coming together. 

Lynda is cooking turkey today.   We will have prequel for dinner tonight. :laugh:

Tom in DE
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-21 2:52 PM
when do you sleep?
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-21 3:45 PM
I crashed when I got back from community Thanksgiving service last night.  Plus plenty of Wawa today.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-21 3:48 PM
Hey I fit in a late afternoon run:grin:  Not a great run, but it felt better at the end than the beginning.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-21 4:36 PM
How much coffee have you had?:laugh:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-21 2:26 PM
Look for a special 10th anniversary post tomorrow.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-21 4:42 PM
Its been 10 years already?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-21 2:51 PM
Follow up notes for Thanksgiving Eve:

I just took my pie out of the oven and it looks and smells fantastic. :happy:
The Drumstick Dash route measured 3.5 not 3.1:shocker!:
The 3rd mile is all uphill.  This was definitely not organized by a runner.:laugh:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-21 3:46 PM
The race course stinks, the pie smells fantastic.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday, 11/21 - Thanksgiving Eve