Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wake up Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-21 6:08 AM
Good morning! :grin:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-21 6:27 AM
--Saw a falling star on my way home from work last night. :cool:

--Nice having the day off from the full-time job. Although, when I get my hair down out of town, go shopping at Walmart and then do 3 massages it’s not exactly like having it free. Oh well. I accomplished a lot. :happy:

--Made the chocolate raspberry cheesecake last night. It looks really good. I’ll top it with the fresh raspberries and shaved chocolate curls right before we go to Thanksgiving.

--I ended up using pomegranate liqueur instead of Chambord because it was about half the price. Besides, I need pomegranate juice for the sangria and I thought this would be a nice substitute. :wink: That stuff is absolutely amazing. I had never tried it before nor would I have imagined even buying it had I not needed it for a recipe.

--Got the race roster from the timing guy so I started working on name/shirt labels last night. I got through the D’s. We’re not putting packets together until 1:00 so I’ll have plenty of time to get those down. Packet pick up is from 5-7:00 tonight.

--Our police chief was quoted in the paper saying that “the use of wheelchairs on a road is illegal”. :shocker!: Uh, no it isn’t you stupid fucker. That is no different than saying pedestrians are illegal. I hate to inform the moron that unfortunately when people live in a shit hole like his town that they are often FORCED to resort to traveling alongside the road because 1) there are no sidewalks 2) the sidewalks are in such disrepair that you can’t navigate them and/or 3) sidewalks are not ADA compliant. I sent a message to two of the council members that I know and neither one has responded. If that’s not bad enough the chief went on to say, “it’s at the discretion of the police officer how he wants to handle that situation” (referring to a person on a street in a wheelchair). :mutmad::wtf::shocker!: I won’t even vocalize what I wish for that man. :mutmad::evil::mutmad::evil:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-21 6:44 AM
Police here have hassled friends of mine for running in the street when the sideswalks are torn to shit

:roll::roll::roll::roll:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-21 6:56 AM
Doesn’t matter if there are sidewalks. You still have the right as a pedestrian to walk along the street. Interstate, no. Aurora and St. Joseph city streets, yes.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-21 6:58 AM
"they" claim City Ordinance says if there are sidewalks you must be on them. I haven't bothered to look cuz I run wherever I damn well please.

I"ve been known to take off for a long run at 4 or 5 am and just run right damn down the middle of the road
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-21 8:27 AM
I have a notion to borrow a wheelchair and travel up and down the sides of the streets all damn day long.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-21 6:59 AM
Falling stars:hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-21 9:58 AM
enjoy your "day off"

I've still never seen a falling star
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-21 8:10 PM
You need to get out of the city. : pbbt:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-26 7:32 AM
ha! even when I've been in places with lots of stars I've never seen one :sad:  My parents' place in FL has soooo many stars, one night my mom and I went out looking for constellations it was fun
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-21 6:43 AM
~Thanksgiving Day Eve. Do you stuff your butterball on Thanksgiving Day Eve or Thanksgiving Day Morning?
Neither, I drink Wild Turkey all day

~Packet Pickup for the Turkey Trot today.

~I love MO weather so much. 60 on Saturday. 35 and snow on Sunday

~God our internet here sucks. Trying to send out mass emails to the runners for tomorrow. Taking FOREVER

~just get me through the next two weeks
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-21 6:59 AM
:laugh::hug::hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-21 9:58 AM
what happens in 2 weeks? Toy drive over so things calm down?
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-21 7:03 AM
Actually made a pcos friendly meal last night for breakfast. Made my first frittata. Was dismayed by how much it had sunk this morning after refrigeration. Time to warm it up and check it out.

I love getting to work this early. I have the whole place to myself.

Brought a box of papers to the office to shred today.

Scheduled the Salvation Army to pick up my couch and other stuff in two weeks. I think by then I'll have my Granny's Recliner out there, too. I've just got to work my way there slowly. I don't know why I'm so stuck on keeping this damned chair from the 1960's.:wtf::roll:

Ok. Time to go warm up breakfast.....wish me luck!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-21 7:12 AM
I love my recliner so much :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-21 7:38 AM
:hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-21 8:28 AM
I have a lot of papers to go through. Going to clean out my desk and file cabinet and work, burn what I need to get rid of and bring the rest home and put in a file cabinet we have here.

Are you getting new furniture?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-21 9:36 AM
No. Just moving things around. And I have a couch to donate so they will already be here to pick up. I figure I should get rid of the recliner, too.

I will either get a new chair for my window or move my TM to my bedroom. :wtf:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-21 9:59 AM
I need to bring stuff to work to shred too, thanks for the reminder

Do you have another comfy chair to replace it?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-21 10:21 AM
No. Not yet.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-21 10:03 AM
Work closes at 1pm today so I'm working from home. I've been logged in since 6 so  I feel like I should be done now :laugh:

Going to get a workout in at some point

I think they're kind of celebrating B's birthday at school today. I was going to see about bringing stuff in but they're already doing Thanksgiving celebration stuff with pie for the kids so I didn't want to bring anything else.

House is mostly decorated for Christmas and his birthday. The tree looks a little weird with things not at the bottom of the tree. I also don't have wrapped presents under the tree bc I don't want to tempt me. A tree without presents under it is just sad to me

After the Today show ends is some new, awful show Access Live. Like seriously it is terrible, I thought it was just a local type thing and not national bc it is definitely JV team pretending to be the Today show.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wake up Wednesday RTTs