Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday, 20 Nov 2018 Thanksgiving Eve Eve
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:16 AM
Do I have the correct number of eves?

Are you starting your Thanksgiving cooking, baking and cleaning?

Post away...
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-20 9:24 AM
My calf is sore today. Perhaps I overdid the walking yesterday.  Not sure what I will try today.

There is actually a guy on my roof fixing the area that is leaking. It is not my imagination.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-20 9:26 AM
wow!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-20 3:35 PM
So is the roof fixed?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-20 3:38 PM
I won't know for sure until it rains.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-20 9:32 AM
Good morning.  It's good running weather but I have a busy day.  Tomorrow should still be nice so I may postpone.

I've had road salt on my car for over a week and that drives me crazy.  We have turned off the outside faucets for the winter so I'll have to go to the car wash.

I'm baking bread today because I'm out.  The holiday baking starts tomorrow with the pumpkin pie.  Need to get that out of the way so I have room for the turkey.

The house is fairly cleaned and the dog is adequately walked.  I'm right on task:grin:  The band we went to see last night was great - lots of blues numbers.  It was more like a mini class reunion for my husband.  Even a couple of his high school friends' moms were there!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-20 12:16 PM
I can't wait to get on FB and see the video you posted.

Your house will smell heavenly once the bread starts baking.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-20 12:14 PM
It's a gorgeous day here in Texas! 

Went to Planet Fitness and worked out and my husband went also.  He is going to play golf this afternoon and I am going to try and get a start on my Thanksgiving cleaning and baking. 

I plan to make this pie https://patijinich.com/recipe/dulce-de-leche-caramel-cinnamon-chocolate-pecan-pie-post/ but realized I don't have the main ingredient; the dulce de leche! So my husband is off to the store and I'm hoping he can find it.  He went to Walmart and they tend to have more of the "Hispanic" foods.   I'm also going to make this salad but will wait till tomorrow to make it. https://www.geniuskitchen.com/recipe/ambrosia-fruit-salad-170589  My Mom used to make it and I have not had it in years.  Well probably since she passed away.

Hope you are enjoying your day!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-20 2:58 PM
The pie looks too good to be true.  I read the recipe twice looking for the nutrition facts.  I guess maybe it's better that I don't know!:laugh:   I've had ambrosia salad before but I didn't know there was sweetened condensed milk in it.  That explains why it is so good.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-20 3:37 PM
We had lunch at Shake Shack yesterday and I had a Christmas Cookie flavored milkshake.  I don't recall the last time I had a milkshake. Well once we were at home I looked up the caloric content :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!: that was the look on my face.  Oh well, it was worth it!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-20 2:15 PM
A full crazy day.  did clothing bank deliveries/pick ups.  Was only supposed to a couple hours of a few things.  Turned into 5+ hours.   Then to hearing aid doc to return a loaner.  Lynda called halfway through day and she is watching Shirley while care giver is at urgent care.   Off to chiro now.   Still lots of work for a code purple Thanksgiving night and feast on Friday.  So far only 2 vols for Code Purple.

Run????   Can I say that I'm training for a taper?

Tom in DE
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-20 2:41 PM
If I was there, I would volunteer for code purple.  That is such a great ministry.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-20 3:35 PM
Me too, I would volunteer with Code Purple.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-20 2:45 PM
Makayla unexpectantly walked into my gym at school when I had 6th grade in class.  I didn't know for certain what time she was coming home today.  She has a paper due tonight, then she will be finished with college semester #1. 

Melissa will start the baking tomorrow.  I just stay out of the way.  I do clean up things so I'm not a total loss to the home. 

I ran 6 miles this morning.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-20 3:36 PM
A pleasant surprise -- the best kind!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-20 5:45 PM
Would love to have seen your smile.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Tuesday, 20 Nov 2018 Thanksgiving Eve Eve