Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Training Tuesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-20 6:23 AM
Someone needs to train my race participants. :laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-20 6:35 AM
--Gregg is going to love this one. I get a paper entry for a group/family yesterday. For the names I have the organization. They did indicate gender but I don’t have a name or age to associate with the registration. Seriously? Why even submit that? We don’t charge extra for registering late. You just don’t get a shirt, but you missed the shirt decline anyway. :roll: OMG, the crap you have to deal with.

--I think we have our work party lined up. We’re going to do a cookie exchange instead of a gift exchange. Nothing major. Everyone just needs to make 2 dozen cookies. We’ll provide a box or tin. You will go home with 24 different cookies. :happy: We’re also going to play some silly games. We already had the IMAX show and luncheon reserved. So, there you have it. :grin:

--Hair appointment this morning. :happy:

--I submitted 257 miles last week for work. Submitting 114 this morning from yesterday. Wouldn’t it be nice if my federally-funded job paid out the federal allowance for mileage? I think so.

--Three massages today. :blush: My out of town client is in for Thanksgiving so I’m going to go in Friday morning for her and then go to my cat lady’s house after that. :blush::blush:

--Sarge has been eating the cows’ food that falls out of their feeder. He lays under there while the cows drool all over him and drop alfalfa and corn on him. :laugh: Then he gets in Iowa’s truck. He so loves being a farm dog.

--Iowa has to rebuild the engine on his old dually. 402,000 miles. I guess it’s time. He’s going to do it himself so it won’t be too expensive. Always something though.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-20 6:43 AM
I have a local guy (buddy of mine actually) who always registers under assumed names :roll::roll::roll::roll:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-20 6:46 AM
Doesn't want times under his real name?  :wtf:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-20 6:49 AM
No clue
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:35 AM
At least you have a name!
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:36 AM
Truth.

People are so used to the groups putting on shitty, tiny 5Ks with no timing and no organization. They don't know what to do when they run a "real race"
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-20 6:45 AM
Your work party sounds great.  Not too much stress to run hopefully.  And who wouldn't want 2 dozen cookies?
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-20 6:52 AM
They don't pay IRS mileage rate???

Your cookie exchange idea is great!
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:39 AM
Nope, not even close. Nearly 30% LESS. It's BS. Fortunately for the farm and my massage business I make up for it. :evil: And, I do any car-related stuff---getting gas, getting my oil changed, new tires put on, etc. on work time. I figure if they provided us a car I would be doing all of that on work time so fair is fair.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-20 9:23 AM
do you not get paid for mileage? Or is there a different rate?

hope the hair appt goes well. I'm desperate for a cut
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-20 12:33 PM
Yes, we get paid for mileage but it’s only $.37/mile. It was $.51/mile until right before I was hired and our worthless pos (former) governor, Eric Greitens....who essentially bailed before he got nailed for wrongdoing....cut it along with in-home healthcare and other such programs. Last I knew federal allowance was $.55/mile.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-20 6:49 AM
~I'm about pushed over the edge at work.

again

~You wouldn't believe the DRAMA unfolding over a fucking Christmas tree

~We have 383 runners and 236 walkers pre-registered. Walkers mean nothing to me, I don't charge for them, I don't time them I just ignore them. However, they begged me for labels for packet pickup so I had to create a damn race for the walkers and import them all anyway just to print out labels :roll:

~Gonna be single digit windchills for Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

~Probably 35 at race time here

~Happy Hug A Runner Day :hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-20 6:53 AM
:cry::cry:

:hug::hug:

I can't imagine ever going to see the Macy's parade. What a cluster that must be every year and then on top of the mess, it is cold:roll:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-20 6:55 AM
I was telling Suzi now that I"m fat I'm not nearly as cold anymore :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-20 6:59 AM
:laugh::laugh:

Which is why I should never be cold:laugh:......yet I am. Always. :mutmad:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:01 AM
:hug:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-20 7:11 AM
35 at race times doesn't seem too bad.   Hopefully no precipitation is in the forecast.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:37 AM
Not til Black Friday :laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:39 AM
Great job on race numbers. :cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-20 9:23 AM
So what you're saying is we should each ship you a cheap Christmas tree to the station just to really piss people off?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-20 9:34 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-20 6:57 AM
*Made pumpkin pies last night.  I like to make those first because after I make other desserts no one eats them.  :laugh:

*Joseph brought the wii upstairs to play with his sister last night.  When he was hooking it up, he must've bumped the thermostat.  I woke up to go to the bathroom at 3:15 and it was almost 80 in here.  :shocker!:  The furnace must've been running all night long.  :cry:  It's still way warm almost 4 hours later.

*Jonathan said they had snow yesterday.  He loves that maintenance comes and shovels and plows.  He said his driveway was all clear before he had to leave for work.  That's a very nice perk.  Especially for a place with just 5 units. 

*I'm planning to get to Krogers first thing this morning.  I'll bring all my patience with me.  It's Tuesday and right before Thanksgiving.  Me and the blue hairs will all be be out shopping before 8.  :laugh:  At least they usually have plenty of staff on Tuesdays.  It's like they don't want to piss off the seniors.  :laugh:

*There is so much to do in the next 2 days.  And I need to go to Kohls and return something and spend some Kohls cash before it expires.  I could do without that added to my to do list.  Maybe Marie will want to go spend the Kohls cash (and return my stuff : pbbt:).

*I seem to have momentarily lost the desire to run high mileage.  It's like once my foot got infected and I knew without a doubt I wouldn't hit the already almost out of reach mileage goal it was like well then screw it.  :laugh:  I'm sure the lower mileage will probably be good for me in the long run.   But it feels weird.  And I'm still eating as if I'm running 70 miles a week.  So that's a problem.  : pbbt:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:02 AM
I love pumpkin pie SO MUCH

It's really unnatural

:laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-20 7:11 AM
I'm trying a new layered pumpkin cheesecake recipe this year.  :grin:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:12 AM
Oh goodness!!!!!  :hug::hug::hug::hug:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-20 7:13 AM
I'll let you know if it's a keeper.  And if so, I'll pass the recipe on to you.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:14 AM
PLEASE!! And Thank you :hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:40 AM
I dread shopping at Walmart today or tomorrow. :cry:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:47 AM
Me too and I've gotta get my stuff tonight. I hate shopping. But holiday shopping is 100 times worse.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-20 9:25 AM
80 yikes! We had that a few years ago when we had pumpkins in the house we had just carved and they rotted. Normally we keep them in the garage but had left it on the table for some reason and of course that was the time the thermostat went wonky.

that is a great perk for Jonathan, especially since it is a small place. In my short-lived rental career it took forever for things to get plowed. Or you'd get your car plowed in
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-20 6:58 AM
24 hours with no kids and I'm feeling a bit better:happy: Wonder why.............

Oh yeah, house is straight. Even cleaned out the hall closet of papers and junk. I've a box at work today to shred. Some filing tonight and my hall closet will be super organized.

Then I'll hit the dining room......

Even probably doing some home repairs and stuff......:shocker!:

Tj clogged up my toilet this weekend. MY toilet. Not theirs. Mine. Seriously, I've been plunging it since Sat morning. It FINALLY cleared last night. :meh:

Tj's fishies are still swimming! Brad Guzan is making a nice home out of his new cage. He is so sweet! OMG I love hamsters:hug::blush:

Three paychecks between now and Christmas. I'm not gonna make it. Going to be a very light year this year. Rip will definitely figure it out this year.....even though she pretty much has already. I've just been able to convince her otherwise. :mischief:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:03 AM
Boy those kid-free times sure help a lot don't they? :happy:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:46 AM
They are heaven!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-20 7:13 AM
It's so much easier to keep things clean without kids running around re-dirtying it before you finish cleaning. :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:46 AM
Little dirt demons!
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:41 AM
What is the deal with little boys and toilets? Evidently that’s pretty common.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-20 7:48 AM
Freaking boys! Ugh!: pbbt::hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-20 9:27 AM
enjoy the kid free time!

The kids will enjoy whatever they get :hug::hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-20 9:04 AM
:mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Training Tuesday RTTs