Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday 11/19 - Thanksgiving Eve Eve Eve
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-19 8:03 AM
It's Monday, but I have Thursday & Friday off so I guess it is more like a Wednesday.

What'd know?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-19 8:12 AM
I strapped on the Garmin and went for a 3 mile walk with some jogging mixed in.  10-20 strides at a time of jogging.

I had set a mental target of 10,000 steps a day but yesterday as I was heading to bed I realized I was only at 8900. I briefly thought about taking 2 loops around the condos, but the actual number isn't that important so I just went to bed.  My streak ended at 2 days, but I'll start again today.

The roofers did not show on Saturday and they did not call. They are lucky I don't mind sitting around at home all day on a Saturday or I would have been ticked off. Yesterday at church I had coffee duty so I was there early and talking about the roof with the guy who was on security duty this week. He said that someone at church worked for the roofing company. I didn't think anything of it, but later he was introduced to me. So I told him about the scheduled work on Saturday that didn't happen, and how our roof has been leaking for 2 months, ever since the new roof was installed.  He said he would talk to someone. So we'll see if anything happens.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-19 11:25 AM
My workout is done and now I am headed to Austin to help my son finish setting up his apartment.

Dave, I hope your chimney is repaired soon.  Glad you ran into that church friend.

Have a good day all!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-19 1:18 PM
Oh good, he found an apartment!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-19 1:22 PM
Happy Monday.   Volunteered at the animal shelter - over 20 cats had been adopted since I was there last week!!!   Misha and I have had 2 walks, so probably 2 miles.  And then I raked up some leaves. 

Going to sit with a mug of something warm and read for awhile.  A few of Lee's old high school classmates are in town for the holiday and they've gathered a bunch of local musicians for a fund raiser tonight at a club that has fallen on tough times.  They are calling themselves the Hip Replacements and I'm excited for some live music tonight.  They are playing mostly 70's and 80's stuff.  Its going to be great!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-19 2:16 PM
The roofers came, did a water test, verified where the leak is, and said they'll send someone back tomorrow to fix it.

Seems like they just duplicated what the guy did last week.   :wtf:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-19 2:42 PM
How many roofers does it take to fix a condo roof in WV?     I think we need a punch line.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-19 2:58 PM
The roofing company is from Ohio which probably explains a lot.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-19 3:45 PM
Maybe WV should put up a border wall to keep out migrant roofers.  RICE  Roofing Immigration Construction Enforcement
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-19 2:40 PM
Been a whirlwind since getting home.   Ran this morning.  First real cardio in almost 3 weeks and it felt like it.  Way too much butt time on board the ship and sitting in airplanes for 11 hours. On the run I saw leaf sucker in neighborhood and headed home and did a half hour of power raking.  4" of snow followed by flooding rains last week made raking really tough.   Had lunch with army buddies.   Then to Empowerment Center to talk up Black Friday Thanksgiving leftover feast.  Now starting to set up Code Purple for temps in teens on Thanksgiving.   I still haven't unpacked and there is a penguin in the suitcase getting unhappy.

Tom in DE
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-19 4:22 PM
Seems like it was super cold here last Thanksgiving at the local turkey trot. I remember having my shoe shields on and people asking me about them.  But maybe that was a different race.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-19 4:53 PM
The Internet was down all day at school.  Melissa came home a few minutes ago a said it is back up.

I ran 6 miles this morning.  I really want to climb back up to decent running fitness.  My goal this week is to run at least 5 days maybe 6.  Maybe a 10 mile run over the weekend. 

Tomorrow is the last day of work for the week.  Makayla comes home tomorrow too.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-19 7:12 PM
Be easy Mr Moose.   I know, that's not who you are.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Monday 11/19 - Thanksgiving Eve Eve Eve