Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Mondailies Arrived With Rain/Snow
- - By judyruns Date 2018-11-19 7:26 AM
Post. At least the temps are above freezing. : pbbt:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-11-19 7:28 AM
Friday was 35 minutes running at home. Temps have been below freezing.
Saturday XT volunteer work at the library for 3 hours. That is definitely cross training! : pbbt:
Sunday was a quick 25 minute run at home before going to out of town bookstore. 95,000 titles!
Today I think I shall suit up to go running (rain & snow), then grocery for a few things. List is growing. :meh:
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-11-19 11:49 AM
That's a huge amount of books! Wow.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-11-19 12:03 PM
I thought I was going to have to pry DC out of there with a can opener. :laugh:
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-11-19 4:46 PM
Wow, that's a ton of books for a bricks-and-mortar store! :shocker!:  Did you buy anything?
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-11-20 7:34 AM
I only got one Antebellum item. I've got quite a primary source collection myself (yea Amazon!) so there aren't many things that I don't have in my study subject (Women's Lives and Work in the Antebellum South). DC got a few things in his areas (Puritan New England and Transcendentalism).
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-11-19 7:46 AM
No rain or snow here, but a somewhat interesting run as it wasn't particularly foggy when I left the house but, by the time I got back, I couldn't see the house when standing at the mailbox.  It's as foggy as I've seen it in quite a while!  Luckily kids are out of school all week so there is at least 80% less traffic.  The run itself was okay, though I'm still coughing and sneezing due to gunk in my sinuses.

Today is the day for grocery shopping.  We're going to have 24 people for Thanksgiving. :shocker!:  Seven are under the age of 10 and two are 90+, but it's definitely going to be a crowd!  Needless to say, there's a lot of food to be bought and prepared.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-11-19 11:50 AM
Good luck shopping! That's a lot of people. Our schools are open today and tomorrow. Some are open on Wednesday too. Are you doing a lot of cooking?
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-11-19 4:53 PM
My mom and sisters are doing various components of the meal, but I'll end up doing a lot of the vegan items.  The biggest issue to work around is that there's one oven and four stove burners and the turkey will be in the oven for most of the day Thursday so trying to get at least 20 different dishes (including sauces and desserts) prepared and plated is always challenging.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-11-19 12:07 PM
Great work on the run. Are you at least better from the sinuses? I always found that I could drain better if I ran.
Holy cow that is a lot of people to seat at Thanksgiving! Will you have help to assist?
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-11-19 4:49 PM
I feel somewhat better, but definitely not 100%.  I'm getting sinus drainage that is making me cough, which is really annoying.  Running does seem to help, rather than hurt, though, so at least there's that.

My mom and sisters will be helping to prepare the feast. :happy:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-11-20 7:36 AM
Oh, good progress on both counts. Running has a way of healing sometimes. :happy:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-11-19 11:48 AM
I'm back to riding my bike, inside though. I am finally feeling better, but I had some ankle twinginess due to carrying heavy bags at work. I am not risking a stress fracture, so biking it is. It has taken a very long time to finally feel better and I am hoping the gastro stuff is gone for good. Yesterday I spent the day cleaning for Thanksgiving and I am beat. The house was neglected and I dusted areas I rarely do (on top on cabinets). I rode my bike on Saturday too. Right now I need to build back up to harder workouts. Looking forward to a weekend of nothing. I have been working on Saturday mornings, but that hopefully is all I have this weekend.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-11-19 12:10 PM
Glad your exercise is getting along. No, you surely don't need a stress fracture. Those are so sneaky!
Time to do some enjoyable and fun stuff for yourself with any time off. :hug:
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-11-19 4:55 PM
I doubt your Thanksgiving guests will be looking at the top of the cabinets. :laugh:  Still, it's a good excuse to catch up on neglected cleaning.

I'm sorry that you're back to the bike, but it does sound like a wise decision.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Mondailies Arrived With Rain/Snow