Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-19 6:15 AM
That’s as creative as it gets today.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-19 6:28 AM
--Need to get spreadsheet of paper race entries to the timing guy tonight. I have about 110 and then we have another 134 from on line. :cool:

--Got my massage registration. :roll: What bogus BS crap. They send you two cards. I have the massage therapy license to renew PLUS a business license to renew. If you want to renew thru the mail you have to send the cards back and they will send you a different one. I put both cards in one envelope to save a stamp and dropped them in the mail. Sure, I’d be okay renewing on line but I’m not paying $5 more for a convenience fee on top of the $175 too much for the licenses :mutmad: I changed my address from my office to my home. I’m pretty sure I’ll renew my personal massage therapy license but not the business. I’m not there enough and I’m certainly never there when the state will be to mess with that nonsense. Besides, it’s none of their effing business what I do with my property (office).

--Decided on a chocolate raspberry cheesecake and a holiday sangria to bring to Thanksgiving. What more do we need? : pbbt:

--Teaching my last adult class in the series at Greenfield this morning. Be nice to wrap up with that. I’m pretty sure I’ll be asked to start another one sometime soon.

--Food pantry went well this weekend. They had a record turnout on account of Thanksgiving, the end of the month and the fact the pantry will not be distributing food next week. I took some pumpkin fruit dip and served it with apple slices. Well, I heard more than once.....like a dozen times....”I can’t eat apples. I don’t have any teeth”. :shocker!::sad: Next time I’ll bring spoons for those who need them. :hug:

--Meeting with 3 colleagues to do our Christmas party planning today. I have a feeling I’m going to end up putting in more time than I have myself scheduled for, not to mention not having time to wrap up a few things from today’s class. I really don’t want to work tomorrow or Wednesday. Oh well, I guess it will just be more time off later if I do.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-19 7:54 AM
What happens if they show up and the office isn't licensed? Anything?

Wait aren't you supposed to be off this week : pbbt:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-19 8:21 AM
I’m working today. But, I had myself scheduled for 7-3. I came in at 7 but I did my shopping yesterday so that was 30 minutes that needs to come off of today. We meet at 2 for party plans and I don’t anticipate getting done and back before 4:30 do there is another 1.5 hours. And, since the party planning is tapping in to my work time I’m going to have to come in tomorrow or Wednesday for a couple of hours.

Not sure what they’ll do on the business license. Make me quit. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-19 10:41 AM
Let me know how the cheesecake turns out.  I'm making a pumpkin cheesecake, trying a new recipe, but I'm all about cheesecake.  :grin:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-19 8:34 PM
I was going to make this one: https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/turtle-pumpkin-cheesecake/

but my sister n law is making pumpkin pie so I was told to bring something different.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-19 9:18 PM
That looks really good. Way better than pumpkin pie. :laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-19 8:00 AM
I ran this weekend! It was short and slow but it happened.

Took B to see Santa twice. Saturday was at Cabela's since they have a free thing every weekend, he was still scared. Sunday was an event with the realtor I've used in the past. Last year we went right at opening and it was nearly empty. Yesterday we got there 5 min after opening and it was packed. Ended up just holding him for a picture instead of putting him on the lap although I wanted to try because I'm a mean mom and I am ok with a scared/crying picture because he looked so darn cute in his outfit

He got his first ever juice box/pouch thing. I tried to not let him squeeze it but of course he grabbed it and squeezed purple on his new sweater (I thought it would be clear liquid) :cry: Fortunately I think I got it washed out. I finally got tired of him messing with it and taking the straw out and took it away from him and hid it :blush:

Had to look presentable at work today for a client lunch. This is a new client but I feel like they're not a good fit for us because they just seem to complain about everything, they have very weird setups and it is not worth the $$ IMO. My boss and I are meeting with them today to smooth things out even though my work hasn't been a problem but the hope is my stuff can help ease the tensions on the other side. I'd be ok to see them go :laugh:

Forgot B's backpack with his blanket & sheet for daycare. And then when I signed him in the binder hit the bucket that has the pens in it, knocked it over, and all the decorative rocks went spilling out. It was a lovely Monday morning :laugh::laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-19 10:43 AM
Great job on the run!  :grin::cool:

Kids and juice pouches are just a nightmare.  :cry:  Slurp... blow it up... lose the straw...puncture through the other side of the pouch...  yeah they are just a mess waiting to happen.  :meh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-19 8:39 PM
Everyone needs a Santa pic with their kid bawling. :laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-19 10:53 AM
*I went to Aldis instead of running between jobs today.  I figured from here on out it's only going to get more and more crazy.  I still have to go to Krogers and finish the list, but a huge dent was made at least. 

*I reluctantly took on a new job.  To be honest I am not looking for more hours or clients but sometimes people call/find me out of the blue.  I'm sure it's word of mouth from somewhere.  This one was interesting because they called my home number.  I'm not sure who has that of my current clients.  :wtf:  Only my cell is listed on my business cards.  It's only one afternoon every other week so it's not like I'm adding a lot.  I could've moved it to my one open day but I'd really like to keep one day free.  And after last week and how sore my hands were I probably need that mid week break. 

*Anyone have a good hand cream they swear by?  My hands need some extra help. 

*I got flowers on Friday.  :hug:  Nevermind the fact that dh works in damages at UPS now and a vase broke and that's how I got flowers.  :laugh:  But they are really gorgeous, so I don't care how I got them.  I'm just glad I get to enjoy them instead of them being thrown out. 

*Joseph had his all Regional Honor Band weekend last weekend.   He ended up being first chair and had a couple solos.  He was so nervous but he did really well.  Well enough to get a compliment from a random parent as he was leaving.  :cool::hug:  That meant a lot more to him than mom telling him he did great, that's for sure.  :laugh:  So to that lady, thanks!  :hug:

*My kids start coming home tonight, one tonight and 2 late Wednesday.  :hug::hug::hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-19 8:37 PM
I was going to stop at Aldis on my way home from Springfield but one look at the parking lot and I was like, “I can do that later”. :cry:

Don’t you dare say anything about me doing another massage or working on a day off. : pbbt:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-19 9:28 PM
:blush::laugh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-20 9:21 AM
Re: damaged flowers. Just last week my mom was telling me about how my grandparents had a trucking company and if something was delivered damaged, even if it was unknowingly damaged before it got on the truck, he had to pay for it. Apparently that is how they got the dining room set they had and even how they had the first color TV in their town - it was damaged (the old wood casing) so he had to buy it.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-20 10:50 AM
Oh wow.  :shocker!:  I guess that makes sense, but that could get expensive fast.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Monday RTTs