Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday Snow 11/17/18
- - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-17 7:07 AM
The early snow is in direct proportion to the number of folks decorating for Christmas already.     just kidding....I read that somewhere.

It's a snow-falling, coffee-drinking, kind of day here.

What's your Saturday schedule look like and how soon do you put up Christmas/Holiday decorations?
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-17 7:13 AM
Christmas is such a joy filled season I don't care when you put your decorations up.  Or even if you leave them up all year.   As for me, I like the fall colors better so my Thanksgiving stuff will be up through the end of the month.

A young couple bought the house on the corner.  It is a big square 2 story with an attic dormer.  They have every single window rimmed in Christmas lights.  It may be overkill, but their joy in their first home is contagious.

It snowed while we were gone last week so today's snow is my first Illinois snow of the year.  Misha and I will bundle up and go play in it after I finish this delicious coffee.  One of the guys that works for Lee has a brand new baby girl.  I bought her first snow suit (in a size big enough for next year) and we will drop it off this weekend and do some baby-snuggling.:hug:

Wishing you all a great weekend and continued safe travels for Tom making his way home today.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-17 3:45 PM
Can't wait to see Tom's pictures!

I leave fall up until after Thanksgiving.   I have a few pumpkins and fall centerpieces.  And I do my Christmas week by week.

A brand new baby girl -- omg -- enjoy that baby snuggling!
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-11-17 9:55 AM
Good morning Dawn, where are the Masters??? :wtf:

I am on my way to Dublin CA, for a 3ish 15min/mile Jog with friends and then Jack-in the-Box for coffee.

Dawn, the massive fire in Butte County, and specifically the town of "Paradise" where it all began, it is sadly no-longer "Paradise".   About 70+ folks dead and burned to death during fire and sadly still many residents not accounted for?   There are Forensic scientist there to using DNA when the find bones and other body parts to identify who/ what the find.

Yep, have a good weekend Masters.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-17 3:46 PM
We were just being lazy!

Are you wearing a mask while outside?
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-17 11:30 AM
I went to the park this morning and walked 3.11 miles.  After 20 minutes of walking, I started randomly mixing in about 10 strides of jogging.  I am hoping this works to help strengthen my calf.  But who knows, it could be causing more harm than good.

We don't do much decorating.  There is a tree in the garage, under plastic, already decorated that I will bring into the house sometime in early December. 

Waiting on the roofers to come fix my leak.  Said they be here at noon.  Still not here, so I put a pizza in the oven.  I assume they will be here in 9 minutes and 52 seconds when the timer goes off.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-17 3:47 PM
I hope those roofers came and fixed the leak. 

Smart of you to have your tree already decorated.
Parent - By rungear [us] Date 2018-11-17 6:10 PM
Dave, I do wear a mask when outdoors.   The climatology experts say that come Tuesday 11/20 - we are safe from the smoke, and hopefully they say rain is coming in 11/21 and with that ALL IS WELL.

It is very sad about the massive fire and oh so many residents are DEAD, and many still unaccounted for.   The TV pics show forensic experts searching through the burned down facilities and they are looking for body parts, bones, etc.   Oh so sad!!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-17 1:38 PM
It's a sunny day here and the weather was perfect for the Turkey Trot this morning.  There were lots of participants.  I forgot all about it and parking was at a premium.

I cleaned up some of my plants from the freeze the Monday night and my husband is raking the leaves and mulching them with the mower.

Donating blood this afternoon so I had a nice lunch.  A hearty chicken noodle bowl and a slice of bread.

Enjoy your afternoon!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-17 7:25 PM
blood donator, good for you!  I don't know how the blood banks keep up; seems every week there is another major need.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-17 8:02 PM
Thank you!   Two of my friends and I had the same time, and then we saw other friends.  It was just like a party!
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-17 5:32 PM
Today was the youth nationals cc meet in Louisville.  Kids were there from everywhere east of the Mississippi River it seems.  I had 20 kids running.  Started out cold at 29* but warmed up to low 40s and some sun.  Really a great day for cc racing. 

Melissa and I stopped by Makayla's college and took her and us out to Five Guys. 

Our Labrador, Jake, died yesterday.  The past few months he had been getting weaker.  He was still eating good, but seemed like an old man.  Thursday night he would not eat.  I petted and loved on him.  Saw him Friday morning then came home yesterday around 5:00 and found him in his doghouse.  He was a real friendly dog and so strong in his prime.  Ryan and Makayla named him Jake when he was a pup and Makayla was 8.

No Christmas decorations until December usually.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-17 5:36 PM
And I ran 6 miles when I got home from the meet.  Ran as the sun was setting.  That was nice.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-17 7:18 PM
Sorry to hear about your pet Jake.   You were a good family to him.

CC sounds fun!
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-17 7:36 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-17 7:23 PM
Glad you got to see your girl.  Sorry about Jake.  Labs are such good family dogs.  I'm sure you will miss him.:hug:
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-17 7:36 PM
:hug:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday Snow 11/17/18