Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday is welcome
- - By judyruns Date 2018-11-16 7:23 AM
Post. :grin:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-11-16 7:24 AM
Thursday I ran 35 minutes at home. Hoping for some warmer temps next week so I can go outside. DC worries that I will fall again so I am trying to avoid sleet conditions. We have all been on runs where we "skated" instead of ran. :blush:
Today will be another inside run.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-11-16 7:27 AM
Not running in sleet certainly seems like a wise choice.  I hope it warms up next week!
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-11-16 11:00 AM
Hahaha! Yeah, those dicey icy runs. Just say no to falling. :laugh: Smart to move indoors. I still remember one icy trail run in which on the way home, downhill, the temperature had risen during the morning just enough to melt the ice a little so it had a slick wash of meltwater on top. I could NOT keep my footing and finally gave in and slid on my butt down to the bottom of the hill, and stopped myself at the end by slamming against a big oak tree trunk. Which turned out to have a hunter in the branches. I was lying there at the base giggling when he asked if I was okay, and I nearly jumped out of my skin; I hadn't seen him up there! :laugh::laugh::laugh: Embarrassing, but so funny.

I'm stuck using the gym for the time being, because ice and uneven terrain are not my friend right now; no outside workouts for me for a while.

I feel compelled to go to the gym to burn calories as well as rebuild leg strength right now anyway. I'm tracking calories and working on losing weight, and the MyFitnessPal tracker is getting into my head. I can be a little compulsive, and now the game for me is to want to come in under the day's allotted calories by a significant amount...primarily by burning more because their suggested calorie count for me seems awfully damned low. Anyway, this is how we get into eating disorder territory, I swear. :roll:

However, I am already down a pound over the course of this week, which is an appropriate pace for weight loss, and I am trying to be balanced about the need for rest days (tomorrow will be a SDO) as well as the occasional cheat day. Thanksgiving will be a cheat day, for sure. :grin:

BTW, looking forward to T-day. We are hosting about a dozen people, and the menu is prime rib roast, not turkey. YUM. I hope it's awesome.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday is welcome