Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Fuzzy Friday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-16 6:10 AM
I got my new glasses............:meh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-16 6:22 AM
--They say it takes a while to adjust to progressives. I hope that is all it is but to me the script feels off. My window for clear vision is so small. I can focus maybe half of the computer screen without having to move. :mutmad:

--We are up to 232 who are pre-registered. Surely we can attract 68 more by race day, eh?

--So, we get a message last week to get our teaching calendars up to date because we have a couple of interns coming and they will need places/educators to observe. Well, I got an email yesterday if I’d be okay with one of them shadowing me all day on the 29th. Twenty seven of us and they pick me, the other new lady that I’ve become good friends with and then 3-4 others. Not sure if it’s because we’re the only ones that have a booked calendar or if we’re just good. Maybe both. :grin::cool::wink:

--We’re going to make a mad dash to Iowa for a family gathering and surprise birthday party for Iowa’s mom in a couple of weeks. :hug:

--I have a class I’m teaching on Monday from 9:30-11:30 and then I’m meeting three of my colleagues for a “working lunch” to finalize Christmas party plans. That will conclude my entire week for the full-time job.

--I heard on the radio that JC Penney, Kohl’s and Belk offer the best Black Friday deals. I have a few things I’ve added in my cart from Kohl’s. Need to get a baby care package together to send to Germany. :grin::hug:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-16 6:46 AM
I'd guess you'll get the people for your race so long as the weather isn't awful.  They've waited this long, they probably won't pre=register now.  Now they'll wait and see what the weather does then decide if they are coming like the night before.  :meh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-16 7:00 AM
Well, I’ve had 13 trickle in since the t-shirt deadline on Monday evening. I’d take another 20-30 before race day.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-16 7:02 AM
That's great!  If I miss the t-shirt deadline I'm not registering until the day of.  :blush::laugh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-16 6:58 AM
Definitely all depends on the weather now. We are (right now) expecting a high of 56 on Thanksgiving. :) We are at 396. Last year was 800. That is a lot of last-minute registrations.

ps your timer HATES last-minute registrations haha
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-16 7:02 AM
My timer can’t make it in for packet pickup. He sent the bibs and chips to me. I think it will actually flow better already having the bibs in the bags for packet pickup as opposed to us handing them out separately. We won’t have more than 30-40 last minute registrations.

60 for a high for us. :happy:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-16 7:08 AM
do you allow race day signups too?

I think they picked you because they know you're doing a good job :cool::cool:

Do you have a Kohls credit card?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-16 8:22 AM
Yes, we take same day registrations. No extra charge but no shirt either.

No Kohl’s card. I’m a one credit card kinda girl.

I think Myra and I do a heck of a lot more than our counterparts. For example, they had these two huge plastic teeth in the office. They had been sitting there forever. Myra and I each took one and we use them in our lessons on dairy/calcium/bones/teeth. The kids get such a kick out of it. I used it in all my classes yesterday (PreK-2). I’d just sit on it like it was nothing. The kids were all looking perplexed, “Is that a tooth?” I can assure you, they’ll never forget what dairy does for them now. : pbbt: It’s really no big deal to haul around. It’s light enough and had a nice carrying case.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-16 7:01 AM
*I need to get to the eye doctor as well.  I currently can only read my screen if my glasses are all the way down on my nose and I tilt my head just so.  :laugh::cry:  It's better with the contacts, but then I have issues with closer things. :roll:

*Omg this week is killing me.  I've worked nearly a full day every day.  Still nowhere near 40 hours, but for as hard as I work, no way I could put in 40 hours.  :meh:  My hands are so stiff when I wake up. 

*At least deep cleaning is done for another 6 months.  :grin:

*MIL's Thanksgiving is tomorrow.  1 kid will be there and 1 more will show up about 2 hours after dinner.  :sad:  It can't be helped. 

*Yesterday was a snow day for the kids at the house I was working at.  "wanna see something cool?"  was asked of me approximately 73 times.  :laugh::cry:  I had a 7 year old shadow for a few hours. 

*I really need to finalize (or start) my Thanksgiving menu.  Or at least go out and buy the dang turkey so the thing can defrost this year and not take twice as long as planned to cook. 

*Anthony is only off Thursday and Friday (has to work Saturday)  so he will have a whirlwind trip.  :sad:  Christmas doesn't look much better.   :cry:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-16 7:04 AM
I wanna have Thanksgiving this weekend!!!! :hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-16 7:05 AM
You sound like me regarding work and hands. :cry: People don’t get how something like housecleaning and massaging you can’t physically do for 40 solid hours. They just look at what they’re paying you per hour and think you’re making a killing. Take care of yourself.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-16 7:10 AM
Yes, the hands take a real beating. :cry:  And Yes, people don't get it. 

I told Bill I want my Christmas stocking filled with cleaning gloves, good hand lotion and soft clean white socks.  He laughed.  I was serious.  :meh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-16 7:05 AM
Do you have Meijer? I saw something about $0.37/lb turkey which seems like a really good deal

Is Anthony still liking his job?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-16 7:12 AM
There is a Meijer one town over from here. I'll have to look.  Is it reward card based savings for the turkey?

He does like the job.  He went through a week or two where he sent out resumes and actively looked for something else, but now he's back rah-rahing it.  He likes the fact that he's already doing interviews and hiring and he likes the team he's working with.  I wish it was a traditional job with all the stuff he likes instead of solely commission based.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-16 9:43 AM
Got a 22 pound turkey for $8.02. Thanks Kelly!
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-16 10:05 AM
yea! They do have an mPerks app which is their coupon app (like a Kroger card thing) where you can load coupons online. Worthwhile to download if you will shop there othertimes
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-16 10:36 AM
It worked out that the house I’m at today is in the town with a meijer. :cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-16 7:03 AM
I was off yesterday though it was a weird day. Freezing rain/ice came through overnight and it was still slick in the morning. The power was out where B's daycare is so I had to wait until it reopened at 9am (normally opens at 6am). Then went down to my parents' because we were supposed to do our annual outlet mall trip but with the weather just stuck around their city instead. There were a couple things I wanted to look for at the outlet mall and I've held off making the trip since I knew I had this one planned so that stinks but oh well.

Tried on a couple of jackets at Marshalls/TJ Maxx and nothing fits bc of how big I've gotten. It is more embarassing than I realized.

I'm celebrating that with Starbucks this morning :laugh: Haven't had it in a long time and it sounded good. I usually get about halfway through a peppermint mocha and I'm tired of the taste. I think I ordered the wrong kind because this is super pepperminty.

Hanging out with friends tonight which will be nice. This will be the first time I leave before B's bedtime and M does it himself. Hopefully it goes well.

Probably need to get a cake ordered for his birthday since I would need to pick it up Wednesday. Maybe I can do it this weekend since I keep forgetting in the evenings.

Finally get to work out tonight. I haven't worked out since Monday because of work and life so it will be nice
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-16 7:05 AM
I hope B goes to bed easily for M.   Have fun tonight!  :hug:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-16 7:05 AM
I feel ya on nothing fitting. I am currently wearing sweat pants at work because I have ONE PAIR of fat pants that I can fit into and they are in the wash
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-16 7:06 AM
I don’t even wear jackets. Problem solved. :laugh::blush:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-16 7:09 AM
:laugh: I don't a lot of the time (like today) but I need a new rain jacket. I bought one after B was born since I figured a rain jacket was easier than an umbrella when you're holding a kid. But then I got too fat for it
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Fuzzy Friday RTTs