Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Very Wet Thursday - 11/15
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-15 8:58 AM
Wish I could send the rain out west.  No fires here, just a bucket full of water under my chimney.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-15 9:03 AM
We stayed just above freezing, so no snow or ice here. 

We have a big hole in our living room wall where we took out the gas log insert.  I taped plastic over the hole to reduce the draft but it doesn't do much for insulation, and occasionally the cat will break her way in there to check things out.  I know when that happens because my feet will start getting colder than usual.  I have to go retape the entrance.

I probably should have tried to block up the hole on the roof before all this rain started but it's too late now to mess around.

This morning was a gym trip.  20 minutes ARC trainer and then upper body weights.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-15 9:52 AM
No snow, rain, ice, or fire.  There's always tomorrow though....

I'd like to get the leaves out of the gutters before tomorrow's predicted snow.  I don't think its a good idea for me to wrangle the ladder off the hooks in the garage, let alone set it up.  I could do the climbing and the leaf scooping but the set up is pretty much above my pay grade.

My yoga youtube for today is titled "Discipline Practice".  Couldn't we all use some of that?:laugh:

I thought Thanksgiving was 2 weeks away.  Oops.  Menu planning today, food shopping tomorrow.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-15 11:39 AM
School cancellation before Thanksgiving for winter weather is rare, but icy roads this morning shut down our school district.  Many trees are down, huge limbs on the roadways, and power outages.  Our power at home stayed on.  Makayla's college lost power.  A little snow predicted for tonight.

The roads are not iced over now, so I ran 6 miles around 10AM.  Trees, grass, bushes ,and mailboxes were white ice sculptures.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-15 3:10 PM
Monday's freeze killed my plants. 

My friend and I went for a walk and I just finished my homework for tonight's class.  

It's nice and sunny; my husband is golfing.

Ok, that's it from here.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Very Wet Thursday - 11/15