Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday, 14 Nov 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-14 7:21 AM
I'll give Tom a break; he may still be rocking and rolling.

What's up today?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-14 8:13 AM
Land Ho  The rock and roll party ended early this morning.  We have finished the Drake passage and will enter the Beagle Channel.  In port tomorrow morning.  We tour Terra Del Fuago tomorrow morning then fly to Buenos Aires.  I spend Friday in BA and fly, arrivig back home Sat mid day.   Lots of dolphins following the ship this morning.

Story at dinner last evening.   It was fun when a big roll would come and there was a collective "whoaaaaa" in the dining room.  Folks would reach for their wine glass. We looked like a bunch of drunks walking around.   On one especially big roll a lady at the end of the table next to us tumbled to the floor and some beer and water glasses went tumbling over.  They are much heavier glasses with heavy bottoms and usually more stable.  The chairs are fastened to the floor but apparently hers did not get tightened enough.  She was alright, wanted an icebag for her wrist. 

Tom at Sea
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-14 11:50 AM
You should write a book!   So many good memories and stories.
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-11-14 2:56 PM
that sounds like so much fun...maybe not the woman, but overall. So cool!!!!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-14 10:15 AM
I stopped at the gym after work yesterday and did about 30 minutes on the ARC trainer.  Unlike the day before when my knee was in a lot of pain, this time is was ok up to the last minute.  I iced my knee when I got home just to be safe.

For the most part I understand what is wrong with my right calf.  I strained it and I need to massage, stretch, and strengthen it.  But I don't understand my left knee.  It is a random pain generator.  Monday the ARC trainer was impossible and I limped around all evening.  Tuesday morning it wasn't too bad and only felt some twinges going up stairs.  By Tuesday afternoon I walked up 5 flights of stairs in the parking garage and was able to workout on the ARC trainer.

Probably nothing for me today unless I can work up the motivation to do a core workout. 

I am waiting for the roofers to show up at some unspecified time today to see if they can tell what is leaking by my chimney.  I can already guess that they will say it has nothing to do with their work.  Then I will have to go back to the condo association for a fix.  I still believe that the leak will get fixed some day.

Winter weather advisory for tonight into tomorrow morning. Possible ice problems.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-14 11:48 AM
I don't which is more frustrating; your knee or your leak.:mutmad:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-14 11:58 AM
The roof guy came by. Not in his fancy business truck with the company logos, but in a old, beat-up white van. My guess is that they don't want to be recognized when doing repairs of their work.  He says he believes he knows what will fix it, but someone else will have to come back with the needed pieces to do the work.

This company put roofs on 7 condo units this fall.  We were planning on doing some each year as we had money.  This company notified us after doing the work that they were going to raise their labor costs 40%, so they probably won't be doing any more of the work.  I think they low bid to get the work and now are going to try jack up the prices.  But we aren't locked in for future work.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-14 12:21 PM
The "cricket" that diverts water from the chimney on a downward slope of the roof isn't wide enough and allows water to pool on the edges.  This corresponds to where the leak is in the house so I am encouraged that it will be fixed right.  He said they need install a wider cricket.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-14 12:27 PM
never heard of such a thing.   unless it's another variation of 'flashing'.   Whatever, I hope he's right and I hope he fixes it soon!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-14 12:28 PM
Learn something new everyday.  I just searched a google image.  It's real.
Parent - - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-14 10:34 AM
We have a winter weather advisory beginning at 7 tonight through tomorrow morning.  I don't get all excited about the possibility of school being canceled for winter weather.  Several teachers seem to be hoping for no school tomorrow.  We just have to make up the day later in the year.  If we go to school, great; if not, that's fine too.

No run this morning.  I may run after school.  We have faculty meeting.  I do wish that would get canceled. 

Makayla has her college finals this week.  She will be finished for the semester by Thanksgiving.  I'm counting on her having dinner ready for Melissa and I every night between Thanksgiving and Christmas break.:laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-14 11:48 AM
Good luck to Makayla.  Her first semester flew by!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-14 11:47 AM
Sunny and 20* and no wind is my favorite type of weather.  And I got all 3 today!!  WooHoo 6 miles along the canal towpath.  5 people, 3 dogs.  A good day.:happy:
Parent - By Deb [us] Date 2018-11-14 3:13 PM
Lucky you!!!! Awesome run!

Sunny and the wind goes right through you!!! My Jeep was not to happy about starting either. We are both old and cranky today...:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-11-14 3:11 PM
Hi all.

I am having on of those days. :cry::cry::cry:

I wanted to go for a run but it was cold and windy and I am a wimp anymore. :sad: So I went to the gym. I haven't done water aerobics in a while because really the ladies make me a bit crazy! All they do is chat and don't follow the workout and get in the way. (I know that sounds mean and uppidty) :mutmad: Grrr....there I said it. Whew! I went today because I miss it and we closed our pool so...and I really like the instructor she is so amazing. It took a lot of inner strength for this one. :roll: When I first got in the pool a woman was all made up and her perfume was driving me crazy. It was literally making me choke. I kept trying to get away from her but she kept coming near me. When I complained to a woman I am friendly with she said someone in the locker room complained about it too. So I'm not crazy. Why? Why do you make yourself up and put on perfume when you're going in a pool to workout????? There is a sign as you enter the deck "no essential oils, lotions or perfume permitted in the pool. Please shower before entering."

Then the second class was the owner. He should not teach classes. I will leave it at that! A wee bit frustrating but I did get my workout. I tried the ankle cuffs OMG my legs were screaming when I got out. But I really felt I worked out. :happy::happy::happy:

There is a Nor'easter coming so I wanted to put air in my tires. They have been low for a couple of days, but the forecast kind of lit a fire. Well I guess everyone had the same idea. But they could operate the machine to save their lives. The other gas station near the house a huge truck was in front of the air machine, the next one wasn't working. :cry::meh:As I was driving back through town I saw the truck moved...sheesh. At least the grocery store wasn't packed. Last night on instagram the news channel posted a funny meme on that. I was dying from laughing!!!

Ok I'm done rambling on....have a great night masters!!!!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-14 3:57 PM
I think of the 3 gas stations in town with air only one works.  How can it be so hard to provide that for customers?

Love your cranky Jeep comment.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Wednesday, 14 Nov 2018