Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Rock and Roll Tuesday 11/13
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-13 7:10 AM
Post away, sway away, it's time to rock and roll.  

QOTD:  What was the best rock concert you attended  OR  What was your favorite group as a teen?
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-13 7:19 AM
Good morning!

Glad you have access to the internet.  So I gather you are on the ship headed back.

QOTD -- I have only attended a few concerts in my life.  First was the band Chicago and the other were performances at the rodeo. 

It is cold this morning!  Well at least for us Texans it is.  I'll probably head to the gym to workout.  My friend wanted to walk but it is pretty windy.

Have a good day all!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-13 7:36 AM
Our ship's doctor is from San Antonio.  Really nice guy.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-13 7:54 AM
We are good people. :hug:
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-13 7:34 AM
We are really rocking and rolling today.  When the ship rocks, that is up and down front and back.  Rolling is port to starboard (left to right).  We are doing a lot more rolling than rocking.  But waves are still crashing over the bow of the ship.  Unfortunately you can't watch it anymore as the bridge is closed and the windows in the front of the dining room are covered over. as are cabin portals.  There is a closed circuit camera looking over the bow but it quit working this morning.  Don't know if it washed out or they turned it off.   All of the items on the tiny dresser next to the bed slid off during the night.  It was challenging to get up to the bathroom during the night trying to set equilibrium.  What it don't understand is the ship shaking.  There are also some loud booms with creaking and groaning.  I just can't imagine what it was like in a wooden sailing ship.  So far I haven't needed the barf bags. 

QOTD.  Best concert was probably Bob Weir,of Grateful Dead, in a bar at the beach in Delaware.  He played and sang well over an hour non stop, no breaks.  For a full concert, I guess Grateful Dead at RFK Stadium in DC, just weeks before Jerry Garcia died. 

Tom  On the High Seas
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-13 7:54 AM
For sure I would be using the barf bag.   How long will you be in these conditions?  24 hours?
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-13 7:59 AM
most likely closer to 48 hours.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-13 10:01 AM
The last time we took the S.S. Badger across Lake Michigan, the winds were blowing at about 60 MPH, and there were a lot of sick people on board. I'm sure it isn't anywhere near what it is like on the ocean.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-13 8:00 AM
I wouldn't consider it Rock, but Lee and I saw Boz Scaggs in a tiny venue not quite 10 years ago.  Silk Degrees has always been a favorite album and he performed all of it.  He also showcased a dozen no-names who were just fabulous musicians.

The weatherman claims it is 1 degree windchill and I believe him.  Misha and I only did half a park because I got too cold.  She was loving it of course.  Indoor workouts today for sure.  I'll take her one more time this afternoon when we top out around 20*

Do they give a prize for an unused barf bag?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-13 11:01 AM
You just gave me a terrific idea for your Christmas present!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-13 11:40 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-13 9:55 AM
Today is World Kindness Day.

I know I offended Karen when I made a comment about the Eagles fans destroying property when they celebrated their Super Bowl victory.  I did apologize and I will again.  I am deeply sorry by the comment Karen.   Please come back and post. We miss you. :hug:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-13 10:13 AM
I saw it is World Kindness day.  Sandra Boynton has a cute cat doodle for it.   I don't think we need to worry too much on here about being kind.   I hope Karen sees your post and pops back in.  I enjoy her escapades and am in awe of her speed.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-13 10:05 AM Edited 2018-11-13 10:09 AM
I'm in the office today but I plan to stop at the gym on the way home. No idea what I plan to do there.

I've only been to 2 concerts.  I am not much for crowds of people.  Cindy and I saw Phil Collins in Lexington back before we had kids.  It was very good.

I don't get the attraction to go see all these old folks perform but I know a lot of people go see the same bands over and over.  A few guys from church went to Richmond Virginia on Sunday to see Bob Dylan. That's a long way to go to see a 100 year old guy who never could sing. :roll:  (That is meant as a joke.)
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-13 10:11 AM
I'd like to see Phil Collins.  There are a couple bands I have seen twice but sometimes it is sad to see how they've aged and listen to them miss the high notes.

We are probably past our concert going days but I sure enjoy live shows in small places with unknown talent.  Oh, there I go with that Introvert thing again......:laugh:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-13 11:03 AM
Bus from the senior center going to Rolling Stones concert.
Parent - By Kymoose [us] Date 2018-11-13 10:37 AM
It's cold, rainy, and some snow flakes this morning.  I did not run this morning because I drove a bus route and had to leave for the route at 6:30.  I may run this evening. 

Best rock concert was the Rolling Stones in '89.  Saw them at an outdoor stadium in Louisville.  INXS, Def Leppard, and Heart were also good when I saw them.  I saw a lot of concerts when I was in college. 

We have cc practice this afternoon.  Our last meet is Saturday at Youth Nationals in Louisville.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-13 8:07 PM
If you want some laughs, read the memes on how San Antonians react to a cold front.

https://www.mysanantonio.com/entertainment/article/Texans-react-with-hilarious-memes-as-first-13389686.php#photo-16498565
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Rock and Roll Tuesday 11/13