Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Moving on Monday
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-12 8:12 AM
What's up my friends?  Put up your stuff.

QOTD?  Will you be traveling or hosting travelers at Thanksgiving?
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-12 8:26 AM
GBT is moving away from Antarctica a day early.:cry::cry::cry:.   Heavy ice and some significant storms in the Drake Passage altered our plans.  We departed a day early. Can't I just stay at one of those outpost and count penguins and seals?  We had a very early morning landing on Deception Island.  It was a major whaling base 100 years ago. Some fascinating ruins left behind.  A neat artifact is the remains of a tractor used by Sir Edmond Hilary to travel to the South Pole.  I marvel at what these men did. 

So we are headed back to South America.  Hopefully back on land Thursday.  They say it will take the extra day in the storms.  Doc  is handing out motion sickness pills this morning. 

QOTD:  I think we will only travel across town to my Aunt Shirley at Thanksgiving. 

Tom in Ant
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-12 9:25 AM
You are giving me a geography lesson!  I need to look up these places you are talking about.

Safe travels to all.

QOTD -- hosting.  I need to buy the turkey.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-12 11:07 AM
Safe travels Tom.  Thank  you for the update!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-12 11:10 AM
QOTD- We are hosting.  But just Amy and my sister.  Not much planning required for so small a group.  I should think about getting a turkey I suppose.

Smooth travels home yesterday.  Came thru Chicago during the Bear game 4th quarter so we stopped in a little sports bar in the suburbs for an appetizer as the game wrapped up.  We cruised some car lots and were home by supper time.

Now I have to get back to better eating and more regular workouts.   Good Monday to all of you!!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-12 12:38 PM
They may ask you to stop back in that sports bar.  You brought the Bears good luck.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-12 11:50 AM
I went to the gym at lunch to do the ARC trainer but my knee hurt too much so I limped from machine to machine for a weight workout.  Finished up with 10 minutes on the recumbent bike.  That was just to see if that would hurt my knee and it didn't so maybe I'll stick to that for a while.  At this point I don't know if I'll ever run again.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-12 12:43 PM
You will run again.  Maybe not as fast or as far or as often but you will run.  ARCs and bikes at the gym just won't satisfy you.  That knee may take a while, but it will eventually strengthen.  Perhaps some PT or a good trainer.  But you will run.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-12 12:57 PM
Jen sent me a message to say that Rob's dad passed yesterday.  Please say a prayer for Rob and Sam as they say goodbye.

Rob, if you see this, your dad lives on not just in your memories, but in you and your kids.  Be well.:hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-12 1:30 PM
Oh Dawn, thanks for letting us know.  I am so sorry to read this post.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-12 2:31 PM
So sorry to hear this.  But thank you for sharing that.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-12 1:32 PM
Went to the gym and did my workout. It is cold for us Texans -- 45 degrees and the temps are dropping.

Have a meeting this evening and I really hate to get out when it's cold.

Enjoy your day.

Sending Rob and family comforting thoughts and prayers.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Moving on Monday