Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday is Here and Cold
- - By judyruns Date 2018-11-12 7:36 AM
Winter just took over here. :mutmad:
Post. :happy:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-11-12 7:36 AM
Friday I did cardio dvd for 40 minutes.
Saturday I did 35 minutes running inside at home.
Sunday I did the same thing. Knee is still warm but getting better.
Today I plan an inside run for this morning. DC and I have some errands to do later.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-11-12 1:36 PM
I'm glad your knee is getting better.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-11-12 2:59 PM
I don't know about there, but here the weather is definitely such that running inside rather than outside looks awfully appealing!
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-11-12 12:56 PM
It's in the low 40s and raining here.  Definitely a cold, dreary day.  I also have a cold, compliments of my niece, so I'm feeling crappy.

My running schedule got off due to my road trip, but I ran 6.8 on Saturday.  I ran from Kentucky to Indiana and back. :laugh:  It was chillier than initially predicted -- mid 20s and windy -- and I had only brought shorts and a lightweight top, but it ended up not being too bad.  I'm planning to run tomorrow morning, when it's supposed to still be raining but may be slightly warmer.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-11-12 1:37 PM
I saw your run post! That is funny. Did you see a concert? I am tired of rain and hope we don't get anymore.
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-11-12 3:01 PM
Yep, I went to concerts Friday and Saturday nights. :happy:

We are predicted to have days and days of rain. :roll:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-11-12 4:43 PM
Great about the concerts! Not-so-great about the rain.
It's been 40 until the freeze, then around freezing the whole time. Ick.
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2018-11-13 1:43 PM
Similar forecast, similar reaction from me.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-11-12 1:35 PM
I had a run fail. I have had no lucky lately. Our smoke detector started beeping at 2:30 in the morning and Kiya pup was flipping out, climbing on me. By the time we figured out which one it was, I was wide awake. The one that was beeping was a detector I bought in the summer but never installed. It was in a basket in the kitchen. :laugh: I tired to run, but between lack of sleep and cleaning floors yesterday, I just gave up. I did run on Saturday though. Tomorrow and Wednesday I have crazy work days, but I am hoping to do something. I am finally starting to feel better.
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-11-12 3:00 PM
Why is it that smoke detector batteries only die in the middle of the night? :mutmad:  Seriously, I don't think they ever start beeping when people are actually awake.

I'm glad you are starting to feel better. :hug:
Parent - By NotSoFast [ca] Date 2018-11-12 3:42 PM
We should make one that is programmable so you can record WHICH ROOM THE DAMN THING IS IN. So when it chirps instead of just fucking chirping and you running around like a crazy person staring at the ceiling waiting for a) it to chirp and b) is this the right one chirping it would say "OFFICE" or "GUEST ROOM" or "HALLWAY". Make a fortune we would.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-11-12 4:44 PM
Tracking those beeps down is hard and irksome with having to await the next beep. :meh:
Glad to hear you are feeling better. :hug:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-11-12 6:16 PM
High of about 18 F. here today, but at least it was sunny. The 5" of snow have melted a lot even though it hasn't gone above freezing all day.

I made it to the gym and did 15 min on the ET, 10 min on the stationary bike, and upper and lower back strength exercises. I feel quite "fluffy" after the knee repair and all the enforced sedentary time, so I am tracking calories again with the MyFitnessPal app.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-11-13 6:11 AM
Fluffy. Exactly how I feel sometimes. As it is, I measure my servings.:meh:
Parent - - By gophergirl [us] Date 2018-11-12 8:03 PM
It hasn’t gotten about 20s since Thursday :cry: and it’s snowy and windy. I’ve gotten out to run since my TM just got put in the house today. Not looking forward to winter if this is any indication of what’s ahead.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-11-13 6:13 AM
Winter absolutely crashed here. :mutmad: Never was there an "Indian Summer". :meh:
great about the TM though!
Parent - - By moonglow9 Date 2018-11-13 1:42 PM
Mostly walking for me lately, usually 7-8 miles a day to stay somewhat sane. Being outside helps but we've gotten hit with a cold patch that makes it less fun. In the mid 40s today and dreary, one of those colour-drained-from-the-world days. But it seems other areas got winter already, so I suppose one should be glad for 40s.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-11-13 6:53 PM
Walking is very good. I'm impressed with your miles! Yes, I know what you mean about staying somewhat sane. :hug::hug:
How are you feeling? I'm glad to see you. :happy:
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2018-11-14 8:40 AM
:happy::hug:
It is up and down. I am still an unsolved medical mystery it seems, and most doctors just want to tick the boxes and throw up their hands at any puzzle that does not fit the usual list. I'm trying to hang in there.
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-11-13 9:46 PM
Wow, 7-8 miles a day is a lot, especially from a time perspective.  Are you still back living with your parents?
Parent - - By moonglow9 Date 2018-11-14 8:39 AM
Splitting time, but have been back at my house for about 6 weeks now. Some back and forth for the ongoing medical mess/mystery, but so it goes.
Yes, it usually takes about 2 hours and a bit. Usually it is one of those stravaigs, just going about and a chance to look at things and be out and let the mind calm.
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-11-14 4:39 PM
I wondered if getting away from your parents for a while might be part of the "keeping sane" strategy of long walks. :laugh:  But yes, dealing with ongoing medical issues is certainly enough to make you doubt your sanity.
Parent - By moonglow9 Date 2018-11-16 10:40 AM
:laugh::hug: Yes, on both counts
Up Topic Communities / Women / Monday is Here and Cold