Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday For Real 11/11/18
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-11 8:16 AM
Boy I really botched up the Friday Daily.   Sorry about that.  Go Ahead and post Sunday 11/11
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-11 8:26 AM
Please take time in some way to remember the significance of this date 100 years ago. 

My Antarctic adventure continues.    Words and pictures can really not properly describe this place.  The words majesty and awe come to mind.  My first morning out paddling in a kayak and my brain could not process it all.  Is this really planet earth? I can't explain the feeling of paddling among the most beautiful ice sculptures floating in the water all around you.  Penguins swimming by and seals resting on a small iceberg.  Of course there are penguins, whales, seals and more all around, but it is still early for much animal life.  We are the first trip of the season and we have pristine ice.   I am doing well thanks to a whole bunch of nice people on board who watch out for me.  I took a big spill climbing an icy hill.  A fellow traveler came and helped me up.  Not only that she stayed with me every step the rest of the way, held on to steady me and even carried my back back.  She is from the Ukraine but works Dubai.  A great bunch to travel with.   Sorry I can't post pictures.  Only words for now. Majesty and Awe.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-11 9:33 AM
You are doing a great job describing it Tom.  I've only been on one group trip but the tour guide the very first day insisted that we all take care of each other.  "Introduce yourselves, get to know one another, take care of each other".  There were 2 ladies who used canes to walk and had to be carried off and onto the bus each stop.  The men came together as if it were the happiest time of their lives to carry these ladies.   Makes you reflect on the good in people doesn't it?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-11 10:29 AM
Oh Tom, I love the words you used "majesty and awe."  Can't wait to see the pictures.

Be careful out there.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-11 9:35 AM
Michigan trip is winding down.  Today is travel day.  On the up side it's less than 24 hours until I see Misha!

My dad, WWII vet, would have celebrated his 96th birthday today.:hug:

Thank you to all who served.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-11 10:28 AM
Heavenly Happy Birthday to your Dad and many thanks for serving. 

I am sure you have mixed feelings about leaving the MI kids but yet are happy to see Misha.  Hope you guys accomplished most of what was planned for the weekend.

Many, many thanks to all who served.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-11 1:39 PM
Kurt Vonnegut (my favorite author) would have been 96 today too.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-11 7:14 PM
I didn't know that, I wonder if my dad knew?
Parent - - By rungear [us] Date 2018-11-11 10:10 AM
Mostly in-door's is best today in our area due to massive Butte County Fire, over 100,000 acres, and many, many homes GONE!

We do have an avoid-air police till 4ishpm today!   Air quality the pits but no direct fires in this part of the Valley!

CA fires, way, way, way too many. 

See ya!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-11 10:29 AM
Be careful.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-11 11:02 AM
I SURVIVED! Walk out to the end of the gangway in a bathing suit and jump into the Antarctic Ocean with icebergs all around.  That was exhilarating!!! A shot of brandy waited as we got back on board.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-11 1:41 PM
Amazing! I don't know if I could have done that.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-11 7:15 PM
Woo Hoo!!!!!
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-11 8:11 PM
Speechless!
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-11 1:45 PM
Nothing for me today. Church and then lunch at Applebees. I really like the Bourbon Chicken and Shrimp with red potatoes.

Late afternoon yesterday, I walked a mile, then I messaged my calf with the Pure Wave massager, and then did some light stretching.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Sunday For Real 11/11/18