Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Way Early Wednesday
- - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-08 11:18 PM
Oay folks, go ahead put them up.  

QOTD:  What to do on sleepless nights?
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-11-08 11:33 PM
Greetings from sea off the coast of Antarctica.  We've crossed the Drake Passage and a few barf bags were used. Had to delay saling due to a storm. Had 10-15 ft swells yesterday.  Lots of rolling and pitching.  That's now behind us.   We will finally start landings in a few hours.  I should be sound asleep but maybe to much adrenaline. It's 2:30 AM.   Already had lots of great classes on board.  And I've had some neat discussions with a few of the scientist.  I enjoy meeting new folks at meal time.  Will not be able to post pictures. In fact this post is a big challenge.

QOTD:   Youtube is my go to place, usually music, but it could be anything.

Tom on the Ocean Endeavour
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-09 6:37 AM
Good morning Tom!

Well you are two days behind -- it's Friday.  Oh I can't wait to see your pictures and I bet you are meeting very interesting people.  What is the age of your fellow adventurers and are there any women on board?  Hope the swells minimize and no more barf bags are used.  I am sure I'd be one of those using them.

QOTD -- Lifetime channel.  I hardly ever get on Youtube.  Am I missing out?

Enjoy your Friday.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-09 9:12 AM
Nothing on the workout schedule for me today. 

My Michigan daughter posted a picture of their Husky playing in the snow in Michigan. The dog looks happy. Looks like they got 2-3 inches of snow so far.

I have so few sleepless nights that I don't know if there is anything I "do" other than be irritated and frustrated.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-09 10:13 AM
Definitely Husky weather today in MI.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-09 10:13 AM
Lisa and I are driving in a snow storm to Grand Rapids for a comic convention.  I get to help her with her booth.  She's put me in charge of the $$$.   Smart girl.

Lee and Jacob sawed a cast iron bath tub in half and drug it out to the back yard yesterday.  Today is plumbing day.  Rerouting copper pipes.  A 3 or 4 swear word day for sure.

QOTD - I do yoga breathing exercises until I fall asleep.  I don't let it get to me.  I just assume if I'm not asleep I must not need it.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-11-09 10:15 AM
Our chimney is leaking worse than ever today.  No 4 letter words yet, just frustration and depression.  Wondering what kind of damage may be happening that I can't see.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-09 3:23 PM
Gosh Dave that is so frustrating.  Now it wasn't leaking until the roofers came, right?   It does make you wonder where else that water could be seeping and doing damage.  Or if it stays damp, then mold will start growing.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-09 3:24 PM
So did Lisa and Jacob buy a home in MI?  Home projects can be fun and exciting.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-10 8:13 AM
They've been in it a little over a year. Mid century split level 2 neighborhoods away from MSU.  Their first year here was in student housing even though they werent students.  This is a dream come true!

Once the bathroom is updated the next project will be adding a garage.  I still can't believe they bought a place with no garage when a Michigan winter is 6 months long....:roll:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-11-09 3:00 PM
Ok, so I was confused. I came earlier and no Friday post. Ran, then ran errands, watched my DVR of Grey's Anatomy..then checked back still no post huh! Then I read this one...oh I get it Tom and his tom foolery. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

So as I said...Ran 3 miles this morning, it was cold....brrrrr. I've been a wimp this year. I'm having a hard time with the cold. Day 9 of my ab challenge.

QOTD: Peruse Netflix, watch endless You tube videos, or I go to the library website and see what is available or wonder why my book is still not available....: pbbt: oh and read runango...
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-09 3:25 PM
That Tom just wants to keep us on our toes!

It's cold here also...like 53 degrees!  I think tomorrow the high is like 48 degrees.
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-11-09 3:49 PM
53 degrees? Really? That is not cold...:roll:

:wink::hug:
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-11-09 6:00 PM
We are cold weather wimps!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-10 8:13 AM
Tom Foolery:laugh:
Parent - - By Deb [us] Date 2018-11-10 10:43 AM
Ah someone picked up on that..of course it would be Dawn :cool::hug::hug::hug::laugh:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-11-10 12:57 PM
:wink:
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Way Early Wednesday