Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thursday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-08 6:24 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-08 6:35 AM
--Today was my sister’s birthday until she was about 10 years old. Her real birthday is Dec. 8th. My mom lied to the school because my sister missed the Nov 15th deadline to start and she felt like she was ready to start. So, she just never produced her birth certificate and kept lying until my sister was old enough and they really couldn’t do much anymore. : pbbt: Didn’t seem to affect the outcome. She went on to be valedictorian, graduate from MIT and get her Master’s at Berkeley. :cool: Not doing too shabby today by any means either.

--I think we’re up to around 70 now for our race. Lots of new people. XC girl from Aurora is going to run. She’ll set a course record. I know she can run a 21. Our course is fast and she’ll at least have male competition so she might do better than that.

--I portioned up 45 samples of pomegranate for my 1st and 2nd graders today. That was messy work. : pbbt:

--We have an in service on Monday. It’s in Ava. That’s a 75+ mile drive one way. :cry: Going to meet in Springfield and carpool with some others.

--Office administrator is retiring so we’re having a little celebration for her. She has been there over 30 years. In typical fashion, they aren’t replacing her position. :roll: What about dividing her salary up amongst the rest of us who will be absorbing some of the work? Yea, like that will happen. :meh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-08 6:48 AM
That's a long ass way to drive for a "meeting" :roll:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-08 7:18 AM
Our regional director lives in that area so we tend to have a lot of meetings there. But, in her defense, when our region goes all the way to West Plains, Ava actually ends up being rather “centrally” located.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-08 7:26 AM
Do you still get her a card for her fake birthday? :shocker!::laugh: I love your mom:laugh:

Omg Rip loves pomegranate. But wow she can make a mess with them!
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-08 2:37 PM
I was telling Iowa about my sister’s pseudo birthday so he was going to text her today. :laugh:

Very few of my kids today had ever tried a pomegranate before. Only about 4-5 out of my 39 kids. Most of them liked it and many wanted to take some home to show their parents. Makes me feel like I’m doing what I’m supposed to be doing.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-08 8:07 AM
that's hilarious about your sister's birthday. I hope you still send her a fake birthday card or a birthday text/FB :laugh:

Your office administrator hope made me laugh, only because I live that daily where my coworker retired a few years ago and not only do I do everything we used to share but I've added a whole host of other things but never really gotten a big bump outside of normal merit stuff.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-08 8:09 AM
Can't believe it is already Thursday, this week is flying by.

I can still taste that damn dip whenever I think about it :laugh::cry:

PSA if you get the DSW coupons for $20 off $49 - you can actually use it as $20 off $20 online. I used to throw them away all the time because I wouldn't want to spend that much

I miss the days of getting excited when Black Friday ads came in the paper, and then the excitement of them being "leaked" online. Now it is like deals 24/7 and ads released so early it loses the fun.

B turns 2 in 2 weeks :shocker!::shocker!:  Where did my baby go??
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-08 8:15 AM
Rip had to make a map for school. She created Atlanta United Nation. OMG it is awesome. She had to make 6 cities, 3 points of interest (wat, 15 natural landmarks/zones (rivers, lakes, forests) . She had so much fun making it.

Going to have to leave my soccer game early to travel to see Ripley play. Things I do........:roll::meh:

Planning to stay in Newnan at a Taco Mac after Ripley's game so we can watch ATLUTD in the playoffs. I'm not listening to it in the car. :mutmad: Game starts when we should be leaving Rip's game. An hour and a half from home. :roll:

Stupid knee. :mutmad:

Learned that if I walk Tj into class I get an update on his stubbornness and can give her hints as to how to 'motivate' him.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thursday RTTs