Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wasted my votes Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-07 6:52 AM
:meh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-07 7:10 AM
--Only things I voted for that won were the marijuana initiatives and the state auditor.

--First thing I saw on FB this morning was a meme posted by an ultra conservative, gun enthusiast friend about Claire McCaskill saying “Your fired”. Really? Can’t you just say you voted? :roll::laugh:

--Signed up for a 5K on Dec. 7th to get a baseline for my marathon training. It’s a night run, which isn’t my favorite and might not be the best representation of what I’m capable of running, but it was about the only option for a 5K in the next couple of months that would work for me.

--We have a race committee meeting today but I think it will be over with by the time I can make it there. I’ll get a tally on registrations and report that number and call it good. I think we’re right around 70. People need to get signed up. Our t-shirt cut off is Monday evening.

--I think I’m going to go to the vet and pay for Lulu’s surgery for my mom. At least put something down to apply toward the cost.

--Got my eyes checked yesterday. I liked the girl. She seems fresh out of school. As in mid to maybe late 20’s. :shocker!: Ended up costing me $431 after insurance. :shocker!::cry: Of course I had to like the “Coach” frames, then I went with progressives and custom fit and anti-glare and non-scratch, etc. Yikes! Thinking about trying contacts. Of course that will be all out of pocket.

--To soften the blow of the cost of the glasses, I got a statement from my dental insurance. According to what they paid for my filling and crown I overpaid the dentist $210. Need to hit them up for that next week when I go back to have the permanent crown put on. I understand them requiring payment at the time of service. I totally get that. But, I’m not agreeable to excessively over charging. That’s not cool.

--Really looking forward to my near week off for Thanksgiving. :happy: And, then Christmas will be here soon and I’ll get another week. YAY!!!
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-07 7:17 AM
We are sitting at 106 runners and 71 walkers right now and that's really low :sad:

Better to set a conservative starting point for your training than guess way too fast ya know?
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-07 7:21 AM
I'm just ready for political ads to be over. I heard $3.2B was spent on ads, that just blows my mind on how much more good that $$ could do than attacking people on both sides

Went to book club last night. Brought a jalapeno cilantro hummus dip from Aldi. It was awful :blush: I feel like I could taste it the rest of the night. blech.

I also came home as the host of the next one. No one was really volunteering to host and I figure the house will already be decorated for Christmas so why not. They do it pretty low key so as long as the house is semi presentable it should be fine.

OK now that I typed about that dip I feel like I can taste it again :meh:

Had to change my PTO days because I didn't realize my boss is also off that week. Since mine are last minute stay cation days I'm going to keep 1-2 but cancel the rest. I'd love to just take 2 weeks off at the end of the year although I'd feel bad about that even if I was allowed (Guessing I would be allowed....)

Haven't worked out this week and can't tonight either. Monday was my only chance but I went to do other stuff instead. I have walked each day after work though so I'm still moving
Parent - - By Baggins [us] Date 2018-11-07 7:23 AM
Bought a jalapeno cilantro hummus dip from Aldi. It was awful :blush:

And somehow the thought of that combination of flavors (and least on paper) appealed to you? :meh:  you got what you deserved:cool::grin:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-07 7:37 AM
:laugh::laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-07 7:49 AM
:laugh::laugh: well I thought maybe it would be like a southwest dip since I like jalapenos and I like cilantro in my rice for a burrito
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-07 7:56 AM
Marie swears by the red pepper hummus at Aldis.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-07 7:24 AM
I like the jalapeño cilantro hummus. :laugh:

Yes, the money spent on ads was ridiculous. These politicians (on both sides) aren’t interested in doing any good for anyone besides themselves. I’m so sick of all of them.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-07 7:51 AM
how can you like it?!?! :laugh::laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-07 10:16 AM
I’m either weird or have been exposed to diverse cultures. Or, a little bit of both. : pbbt:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-07 7:43 AM
Are you one who cilantro tastes like crap? Maybe it is genetic.....Cilantro
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-07 7:50 AM
I've always liked it in rice from Chipotle or in salsa but beyond that I don't think I have it much. M doesn't like it at all
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-07 7:41 AM
I need a new book to listen to in the car. I hate the radio now.

I have started listening to Country music because Tj likes country. It is so relaxing and is a nice change.

3 hours of soccer practice tonight. Anxiously waiting for the game schedule for the weekend.

Wish it were payday already. :sad:

Considering going to one book for both kids. Mainly because I'm feeling lazy and overwhelmed. Would that be horrible? I need to just get off my ass.

Gonna be a broke Christmas this year. Oh well. : pbbt:

GO ATLANTA UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh::grin::happy::hug::grin::happy::hug::laugh::cool:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-07 7:52 AM
One of the ladies in my book club does audio books for our book. She's always the first one done since she has an hour commute. I feel like I'd not pay enough attention
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-07 7:50 AM
WOOT WOOT! The most important piece of legislation in Georgia PASSED!!!!!!!!!!!

I can drink my mimosas at 11am on Sundays now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Cobb County and Kennesaw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-07 7:56 AM
:laugh::grin:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-07 7:54 AM
*The race photographer got 38 photos of Anthony and I on the course.  :shocker!:  And they are all free to download.  :shocker!::grin:  I'm telling you, small races are where it's at.  :cool:

*I have to go drop a flute off an hour from here.  It's going to be awkward.  She ordered the new pads for it a month ago.  I finally called to see if they were in and she said yes, but she didn't think she could get to it until after Christmas, if that was ok.  :shocker!:  Um, no.  I called another place and they could get it repaired in 2 weeks.  I called her back to say we'd just go elsewhere and she explained that she had a lot of money in the pads she ordered so she'd get it in now after all.  I feel bad that she's clearly accepted more work than she has time for, but we've been trying to get this thing fixed for awhile now.  I'm supposed to pick it up, repaired, next week, so hopefully it goes as scheduled.

*We are supposed to get a couple inches of snow on Friday.  :cry:  I'm not ready for winter yet!

*I really need my body to be ready to accept more miles.  Not running much is just not natural for me and feels awful.  Plus I'm still eating like I'm running 70+ miles a week...

*I really can't remember if I took my antibiotic this morning.  :meh:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-07 9:43 AM
that's awesome you can get so many free pictures of you guys! I saw one you posted on FB from the weekend which looked great (guessing Bill took it?).

Couple inches of snow? already ???
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-07 11:12 AM
Yes, Bill took that one. 

Snow.  I know.  :cry:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-07 10:18 AM
Small races rock. :cool:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wasted my votes Wednesday RTTs