Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Trotting along Tuesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-06 6:13 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-06 6:24 AM
--Appointment with a new eye doctor today. I’m going to go shopping at Aldi for my fruit lesson on Thursday so work can pay mileage to drive to Republic. :wink: It’s not like I can find what I want around here anyway. I’d like to serve pomegranates for my 2nd graders (and maybe 1st graders) this week. :happy:

--So glad we’re voting and we won’t have to look at these pathetic candidates any longer.

--Didn’t realize Rush was from Cape Giradeau, MO. Saw that on the local news last night. I guess that it only makes sense MO is the meth capital of the US. Oh, excuse me, that’s Oxycontin, not meth. POS loser. :roll: Why some people can’t just do us a favor and OD. :evil:

--Lulu, my mom’s precious dog that I rescued from the No Kill shelter about 6-7 years ago, has to have surgery Friday to remove a tumor that is abscessed. :sad: They don’t suspect cancer but surgery is the only alternative since it’s infected. They’re a bit concerned about her age. She’s 12-13 years old. :meh:

--I don’t like working until 6:30-7:00 p.m. when it gets dark so early. Makes for an extra long day.

--Got registered in my company’s wellness program yesterday to start earning points to redeem for cash later. I have thru the end of April to earn 225 points. It should be pretty easy. I logged 35 yesterday with the health assessment and my 6 mile run on Sunday. :cool: They pay out the end of May and then again the end of October.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-06 6:27 AM
I LOVE this election. So many ads on the radio. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-11-06 6:41 AM
:laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-06 6:46 AM
I'm glad someone is enjoying it.  :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-06 9:07 AM
:laugh:
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-11-06 6:45 AM
I hear you on the elections.  Print ads, tv ads, now they’re TEXTING!:mutmad:  I’ve blocked dozens of them
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-06 6:46 AM
:shocker!:  I haven't been texted.  Yet.
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-11-06 7:34 AM
I just got another text.  This one was from the candidate who pointed a gun in his tv ad at a teenage boy who wanted to date his daughter.  My response to the text?  I said if I didn’t vote for him would he shoot me??:evil::roll:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-06 7:35 AM
:shocker!::laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-06 7:38 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh: perfect
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-06 9:07 AM
I just started getting texts, it is so annoying
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-06 6:49 AM
Yeah I got 4 or 5 texts a day

I text 'em back hours later asking "you up?"
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-11-06 6:52 AM
That’s great!:laugh:  I should have done that first thing in the morning.  I get up at 4:15:evil:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-06 7:10 AM
I actually got a black and white flyer in the mail from a local candidate that looks as if it was printed off of her computer and the envelope was hand addressed in her writing. She’s getting my vote. She’s obviously not being bought like her opponent, Mike Moon.
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-11-06 7:45 AM
She probably pays her taxes too:wink:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-06 9:10 AM
How early is in getting dark now? For us it is just after 6pm
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-06 10:04 AM
I finished a massage at 6:30 last night and it was dark so probably around 6. I think it was still a bit light when I started.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-06 11:46 AM
Which is 5 p.m. for me.  :cry:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-06 12:19 PM
:cry:
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-11-06 6:50 AM
No one wants to come in on Election Day.  We have been waiting for 2 hrs for our first patient. 

College girl comes home next Friday!:grin:  I bet she will sleep for the first 3 days that she’s home.

Not much else to say today.  Work, go home and keep the ship afloat, sleep, do it all again tomorrow:wink:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-06 7:05 AM
How is your daughter liking college?
Parent - - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-11-06 7:14 AM
She loves it there.  She’s doing great with everything:grin:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-06 7:25 AM
That's awesome!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-06 7:57 AM
So good to hear!:grin:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-06 9:08 AM
Does she get the whole week of Thanksgiving off?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-06 7:03 AM
*I have a flaring case of PF in my "good" foot.  :cry:  It took me a day to figure out that it was PF, it's pulling at the opposite end than usual, so up near the top of the foot.  Arch pain enough to almost be unbearable when I walk first thing in the morning.  :cry:

*My MIL holds Thanksgiving the weekend before.  It is not looking good for any of my kids to make it.  :cry:  Joseph will make it for the last couple hours.  After dinner.  :sad:  He has honor band.  Anthony has to work.  Marie has a football game to march for.  Haven't heard if Jonathan will make the 6 hour drive for both weekends... 

*I usually run to the polls to vote.  It makes for a nice 6-8 mile run.  I'll be driving today.  Even if I wasn't 2 days post marathon, the howling winds probably would've dampened the desire to run there. 

*Joseph has senior pictures tomorrow.  I sure hope it's less windy.  And there's still a few pretty leaves left on some trees somewhere in the park.  :meh:

*The early darkness is downright depressing. It makes me want to put up my Christmas lights early to counter the darkness. 

*Bill has had to road trip the last 4 weekends.  He has said in no uncertain terms that he will not be traveling this upcoming weekend.  :laugh:  He has fall clean up around the yard and needs to bring stuff in.  It's making him twitchy I think.  I told him I'd get to the leaves this week but that didn't seem to make him feel any better about the state of the yard and the winterizing that needs to be done. 

*So I'll be making the Indy trip this weekend.  :laugh:  Trying to talk Joseph and his gf into coming along to watch Marie's band march.  She's been to 2 of his competitions this year.  Seems only fair.  :wink:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-06 7:10 AM
Do you have a night splint or Strassburg sock? Start using something NOW!
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-06 7:13 AM
I do have the sock.  And you are absolutely right.  I definitely do not want this to linger or get any worse.
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-11-06 7:16 AM
Ugh, take care of that foot!  It has to last you at least 70 more marathons!
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-06 9:15 AM
put up the lights!!

I hope Joseph joins you for the trip
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-06 7:56 AM
Love how on FB every liberal I know has posted that they voted. None of my conservative friends have posted. :laugh:  Tired of the bs I guess. I know I am.

Just got to work. 8:45. Voting is worth being late. And I'm the first one in. 45 min wait is the longest I've ever waited to vote during a midterm.

Still hate early voting. :roll: I know. I'm a horrible person. I've heard it all before.

Peppermint mocha creamer is in the stores again!:hug::hug::hug:

Having a rough time....feeling very mixed about running and what goals I have. TBH having to be picked up on my long run a month ago screwed with my head. Not to mention the downtime to recover. I was going to run tonight but I had a really rough game on Sunday (the kind that make you think retirement) so my knee is swollen still.

More coffee.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-06 9:16 AM
I always vote before work but this year I"m voting after work instead. M never has to wait in line to vote in the afternoons whereas I always wait in line in the morning so I'm hoping it won't take long.

Peppermint mocha is my favorite
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-11-06 9:33 AM
I knew I'd put it off and miss out if I waited until after work. I'm always in a rush to get home. So luckily I went in first thing. :hug:

Peppermint anything usually is always the best:hug:
Parent - By Ballet [us] Date 2018-11-06 9:46 AM
Since I’ll be out of here by 2, I’ll go on my way home.  I was going to vote early, but the place closest to me has been packed, lined up outside every day the last couple of weeks.  I’ll take my chances at my normal place since it’s always been fast there.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-06 10:06 AM
I wish you could read some of the posts by my conservative friends. So fucking obnoxious. I’ll try to cut and paste some just for shits and giggles.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-06 11:49 AM
:hug: on running and having it mess with your head.  You're not alone.  When I have a bad run outdoors, sometimes it takes me weeks to run outside again.  :sad:  It's like I feel like I have to have the bail option.  :meh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Trotting along Tuesday RTTs