Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-05 5:59 AM
I’m not so creative this post DST Monday. :meh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-05 6:10 AM
--Hairdryer blew up this morning. Literally. Complete with sparks and smoke. :wtf: The hairdryer isn’t all that old. Maybe a year and a half. :meh:

--My hair is going to be wild today.

--Won’t matter when I’m in my office because I’m sure I’ll still be sitting in the dark. Antiquated fluorescent light went out Friday morning and I hardly think it’ll be fixed by this morning. That place. :roll:

--My mom won a $500 shopping spree from the shop hop she went on last Thursday. She gets $100 to spend at the participating 5 quilt shops that were part of the hop. :cool:

--A friend of mine called me about my mom doing a memory quilt for him so I passed along her info. He doesn’t want just one, but six! :shocker!: I told my mom that will feed her recent shopping addiction that she has developed. : pbbt::laugh:

--Enlisted our very own Coach Gregg to train me for Fargo. :grin: He already has me doing something called a Donkey Whip. :laugh:

--My eye doctor does not accept my new vision insurance. :meh: I don’t like the other option in Aurora so called a place in Monett and the receptionist was a bitch. Didn’t schedule with them. :mutmad: Called a place in Republic and they were nice enough. Gave me the option of two doctors. I’m like, “give me the woman”. :wink: I go tomorrow.

--Iowa got a nice bonus check and then this week he will get compensated for all the loads he has been trucking. That’s going to be a nice chunk of change too. :cool: Maybe his bosses are finally figuring out what he contributes to this company.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-05 6:21 AM
Donkey whip?  That sounds...intriguing?  :laugh:  You are going to do awesome in Fargo!  :cool:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-05 6:35 AM
New tractor for Iowa!!!!!!!  :wink::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-05 7:53 AM
It’s all going in the house fund. He has already been made aware. : pbbt:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-05 6:18 AM
*Irony.  I spent all week last week worried about my infected foot and the marathon.  My foot didn't hurt at all for the race.  :grin:  When we finally stopped after 5 hours of driving yesterday, my other foot was killing me.  :roll:  I could barely bear weight this morning.  I've been walking loops around the house trying to walk it off and loosen it up.  :meh:

*I need to make it through 2 jobs today somehow.  :cry:

*It was seriously the coolest thing ever to run with Anthony yesterday.  :hug:

*Bowling Green was a small race but they had fabulous swag.  We got 2 shirts, a canvas bag, a power bank, and included pasta dinner at the expo with our race entry.  :shocker!::cool:

*My watch credited me with 123 flights of stairs yesterday.  Yes, the race was hillier than expected.  :laugh:

*I'm not very random today.  : pbbt:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-05 6:25 AM
So did Anthony train for this?

I love small races like that. My Alaska race had awesome swag---door prize giveaways (I won an REI hat) and a post race salmon dinner with all kinds of homemade desserts and salads. Flying Pig used to be pretty nice too. I still use the one bag I got from that race.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-05 6:37 AM
BS Flying Pig sucks ass :laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-05 6:43 AM
He did not train at all.  His long run was 8 miles and he ran nothing the previous week.  :shocker!:  He was definitely feeling it the last 6.  I had told him to plan for a 4 hour marathon, I ran 3:48.  He was very thankful, he said he would've really struggled with another 12 minutes of running.  :laugh:

I use my bags from the Flying Pig still too.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-05 7:51 AM
Something has to be said for youth.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-05 6:36 AM
Wow, what an awesome sounding marathon! If I ever get to running again I should look at it!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-05 6:45 AM
It is 2 loops, some people are bothered by that.  The only other negative was there was about 2 miles of the course that was coned off alongside the main road, so traffic and not scenic.  It wasn't great, but the rest of the course was very scenic neighborhoods and the college campus and just beautiful with the fall colors.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-05 6:49 AM
Doesn't sound bad to me at all. But I imagine our District championships will be falling that weekend. Moving everything 1 week later State won't be until Nov 9th
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-05 7:24 AM
That gives you no weekends for a fall marathon basically.  :sad:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-05 7:26 AM
Pretty much. Spring is pretty full too between track and timing. Guess I'm stuck with Winter and Summer ultras.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-11-05 7:29 AM
Well, you've always been a team summer kind of guy.  :grin:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Monday RTTs