Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Shalane Sunday Dailies
- By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-04 10:48 AM
She just finished and they said it was a CR for her :cool:

I've got nothing, as it's my rest day. But cheers to all marathoners out there today :cool:
- - By N70SAK Date 2018-11-04 11:48 AM Edited 2018-11-04 12:01 PM
3.3miles in 33:25, plus 2.4 walking. :happy:

My mom is at a meeting to review scientific articles for comprehensibility. One of the topics she found in a catalog for the meeting was... Mission Responsive, On Demand 3D Printed Blimps for Martian Missions.  :cool:  All of the articles are aerospace and aviation related. Another topic is Heat Flux Analysis of the 14-X-S Scramjet Engine.
Parent - - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-11-04 11:54 AM
My mom reads Archie comics :laugh::hug:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-04 1:04 PM
:laugh:
- - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-11-04 11:55 AM
9km....outside in the daylight with Molly....two other humans and two other dogs :hug:

Tons of rain so the river looks great and great pools of water everywhere which is great if you're a lab :hug:
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2018-11-04 1:04 PM
More rain!  Keeps things green.  :happy:
Parent - By Mookiethedog Date 2018-11-04 1:30 PM
:hug:
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-11-04 12:07 PM
I swam 1600 meters this morning.  Got it in slightly earlier as I was wide awake a bit earlier this morning.  Gee, I wonder why :roll:  :laugh:

Tracking a few friends in the NYC Marathon.  12 years since my one & only appearance there.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-04 1:03 PM
Well, at least the time change worked out for you - getting in a workout rather than just lying in bed wide awake.  : pbbt:
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-11-04 12:29 PM
I did not run the NY marathon, but have done a lot of running this weekend.

I ran a 10K race yesterday.  Had a good race and got 2nd in my age group. Some said the course was short, but it had a ginormous hill so I'm not going to obsess about that. :meh:

I ran 12 miles today with a friend who was working on 20 miles.  We met at 6 a.m. so that helped her get a head start.  I have a half next week so I didn't want to go too crazy. I have to do some online CEU work for my insurance license, but hopefully there will still be time for a nap. :grin:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-04 1:03 PM
Nice work on the age group placing, and good luck getting in that nap!
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-11-04 3:40 PM
Congrats on the age group award. :grin:
Good luck next week.
- - By redraider0528 (Fashionista) Date 2018-11-04 12:39 PM
Happy Sunday!
Go Shalene! Proud for her! :hug:

I ran 7.3 with a friend this a.m. It was pretty  much the perfect weather and we were done by 7! I love that! :hug:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-04 1:02 PM
Nice!  Awesome to have the day's workout over so early in the day.  :cool:
- - By indie [us] Date 2018-11-04 12:42 PM
Nothing for me either. Did some PT stuff. Might do some strength work. A friend was telling me about Barre classes and I am curious, they have the first week free so I will try it out.

Watched the NYCM coverage. Great run by Shalane. The men's race was a really great finish. 

Poring through Shalane's cookbook, for stuff to make for next week.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-04 12:47 PM
I'll be interested to hear how you like the barre class.  I did one once and it was tough.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-11-04 3:57 PM
I wish we had more classes like that at the gym where I work out. It's a lot of yoga and HIIt stuff. They do have one Barre class, but it's on late Sunday afternoon and I normally do my other strength workout on Monday and a longer run on Sunday morning so that is not a realistic target for me. :meh:
- - By skigirl Date 2018-11-04 12:46 PM
I tried to go for a run this morning but dropped at the four-minute mark.  :cry:  My lungs felt tight and I felt really, really tired.  The first ten minutes of any run never feel great for me but this was something out of the ordinary so I packed it in and walked home.  : pbbt:

Yesterday I went to the gym and did 40 mins on the TM and 10 mins on the exercise bike. 

Cool and rainy day here - I'll be spending most of it on the couch with my laptop, catching up on work stuff, but I did just order two new pairs of jeans.  The jeans I currently have don't really fit me all that well and I feel fat and schlubby every time I put them on.  :sad:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-11-04 1:02 PM
I find one of the hardest things about using a computer for work stuff is that it's tempting to think of all the other things like online shopping I could be doing with the computer. : pbbt:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-11-04 1:05 PM
Resisting online distraction is not my strong suit.  : pbbt::blush:
- - By sideshowbob Date 2018-11-04 1:54 PM
7 Gallomiles early on a beautiful crisp Fall day. No geese or whitetails ,but plenty of leaves to kick around. Later watched some NY marathon —looks like a great day to run You got that , Barb :hug: and Dave —God speed . Wish I could have joined you :sad: Instead I mowed the lawn one last time :roll:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-11-04 5:53 PM
Hopefully it is the last time. Glad you got a beautiful crisp fall day!
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Shalane Sunday Dailies