Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Sarcastic Saturday Dailies
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-03 7:55 AM
Have no idea why for the title. Just trying to find a new S word. : pbbt:

No real question for the day. Any talk about running, exercising, what’s going on in your life is welcome. Food is always a good choice topic to blather about :laugh:
Parent - - By indie [us] Date 2018-11-03 11:49 AM
Another bike ride for me. I was starting to feel like the ankle was better but last night I was on my feet for a little bit at a
party and woke up feeling back to square one. So frustrating. Last week my PT was out for a family emergency. He has been doing the ultrasound and dry needling. And of course a whole boatload of exercises.

Anyway, I signed up for Chicago again to make myself feel better. : pbbt: The October marathon jinx has to break some day. I am nothing if not optimistic. :roll::laugh:

Food: Was leftover Thai food.
Exercising: An hour on the bike trainer and then PT stuff.
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-03 12:19 PM
Does Chicago not allow injury deferrals? I'm optimistic for you too! Sorry for the setback. :hug:
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2018-11-03 3:12 PM
I waited until past the cancellation deadline. You know just in case miracle...refer that optimism comment :p But I get a guaranteed entry through work.
Parent - - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-03 1:21 PM
Hey Indie! :waving:

Hope the ankle gets better. Bummer it feels like you have had a setback. Of course, perfect time to sign up for a big race. :laugh:
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2018-11-03 3:13 PM
XT <3  It's been a rough couple of years running wise but ebbs and flows. Hope things are well with you. I was trying to catch up on the dailies and good to see familiar faces.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-03 1:05 PM
Typical slow crappy run today after a nice zippy run last night. Fierce strong gusty winds today. There were whitecaps out on the lake. The Lady tagged along today but we just did 4 miles or so. Storms and tornado warnings here last night. Woke me up from comotose TV nap around 10pm.
Parent - By IB Date 2018-11-03 7:11 PM
30.1 miles

nice and cool at the start, warmed up as the day went on

Innov8 Roclite 280

-  --  -  --  -  --  -

Things were going well until my right IT band decided to say FU! Managed to struggle to a sub 6 hour time & 2nd in my age group.
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-11-03 8:03 AM
Hard TM run done. Started with 1.5 miles super slow outside - my warm-up before my TM warm-up.  Being old is *awesome*! : pbbt: then 1.5 mile normal warm-up, then 9 miles hardish. It went better than it has lately, so I am :happy: with that. Short changed the c/d - it was my bargain to myself to finish the hard part hard. :blush: then did 30 min of PT exercises and yoga like stretching. Being old is *awesome*! My kids' old private school principal came in. She was the one who spearheaded DS1's math advancement years ago.  I caught her up to speed on his and DS2's development. She is such an awesome person. Pure Grace. :happy: and I asked about her DS - the one in Taylor Swift's band. Told her this was the closest I was ever going to get to royalty. :laugh: anyhow, good morning.

I'm low on junk food. :cry: I saved some Halloween candy for myself, but I blew through that in 2 min flat. I will go down the street in search of more junk. Later, we go to GSO to check out where DS will go for his colonoscopy pre-visit and get fitted for a tux for my nephew's wedding next month. We will be eating at Jimmy Johns for lunch. DH can't pass one without stopping :laugh:
Parent - By rob26.2 Date 2018-11-03 8:43 AM
Any treadmill run is hard. 10+ TM miles is incredible; you are a beast!
Parent - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2018-11-03 1:04 PM
9 + 1.5 miles on a treadmill :shocker!:  You're made of tougher stuff than I am. :happy:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-03 1:06 PM
Do you want me to mail you my leftover candy?? :laugh:
Parent - By easternshoregir [us] Date 2018-11-03 6:50 PM
Hey! Long time no see. I just wandered over here to see what was going on! Great to hear about a workout from you.
- - By rob26.2 Date 2018-11-03 8:42 AM
Ran 1 mile with Bogey, then 6 on the elliptical, then 1 mile running, and finally 10 minutes of swimming.  I "felt" a spot in my calf but it kind of came and went throughout my running. It was less tight than it was yesterday during/after my 2 mile run.  I think I am fixed or at least real close to being fixed. :happy:  If it behaves itself today I will shoot for 3 or 4 miles tomorrow.

Mrs. Rob is working all weekend, so I think I will go play golf. :cool: Maybe I will go fishing first because, you know, I have priorities...

Tonight my daughter and I are going to the Kansas Univ. volleyball match. :happy:
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-03 11:18 AM
Enjoy the vball! :grin: :jealous:

Glad to hear the calf is behaving!
Parent - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2018-11-03 1:02 PM
Nice to hear the calf is doing better.  Enjoy the volleyball match, and the time with your daughter.
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-03 1:07 PM
Happy calf = Happy Rob. :cool:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-03 1:22 PM
Have fun with your daughter!

Fingers crossed that the calf is ok.
- By Ed [us] Date 2018-11-03 9:28 AM
SDO for me today.  Probably good to take one of these each week because being old is awesome and I'm older than PC!  :laugh:

It's 54 degrees here in late morning and that's about our high for the day.  Only 17 or 18 degrees cooler than yesterday's high.  I guess it's really fall now.  A front brought some rain overnight but we have sun, a blue sky and wind :roll: now.
- - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2018-11-03 10:21 AM
Ran a 5k today and didn't embarrass myself.  Won my age group (60 and beyond), and finished 10th overall, in an admittedly small field. :cool:
The personal victory was that I averaged less than 8 min/mile (7:45), which I was didn't think I still had in me. :hug:
What if I did some speed work once in a while? :roll:

My award was a cupcake (fulfills the food bit, right?) :laugh:
Parent - - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-03 11:18 AM
Congrats on the AG win and top 10! :cool: Cupcake is an awesome award! :laugh:
Parent - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2018-11-03 12:59 PM
Parent - - By rob26.2 Date 2018-11-03 12:13 PM
I guess a cupcake would be software rather than hardware...  Congrats!
Parent - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2018-11-03 12:58 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-03 1:09 PM
Nice! Well done on the race and the AG win. Sounds to me like you cashed in your endurance without that evil speed work. :happy:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-03 1:20 PM
Woot! Congrats on the AG, that's a nice pace!
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2018-11-03 3:14 PM
One cupcake? :laugh::laugh: Congrats on the win.
Parent - By essel [us] Date 2018-11-03 4:22 PM
Congrats!
Parent - By old turtle Date 2018-11-03 5:16 PM
Congratulations. I can't imagine running that fast. I would love a cupcake right now.
- - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-03 11:16 AM
I had planned on 15 miles today. I felt like crap, so I set out on my run and decided 2 miles in that I would turn around, do 5 today, and try again tomorrow. My legs felt like logs, everything was tight, and there were crazy winds, so I just packed it in. Now I have a migraine, so my decision to bail was a good one.

That said, I am working today. :cry: I was at work until after 8 last night and have a few hours of work to do today. Ugh. But the contractor is coming to the house this afternoon to look at the plans we had drawn up to get his thoughts and hopefully a ballpark $$ figure. Then tonight is stepkid #1's football playoffs, and tomorrow is my very own NYCM viewing party + laundry-palooza. This is my exciting weekend folks! :laugh:
Parent - By LDR (100 Mile Stud) [us] Date 2018-11-03 1:00 PM
You've got a lot going on.  I was going to a long run after the 5k today, but took a nap instead.  Tomorrow's forecast looks horrible, so I know I'll be regretting my decision.  Enjoy the NYCM party :laugh:
Parent - By Xtreme Taper Date 2018-11-03 1:13 PM
Sorry about the crappy run. The wind today is crazy. :shocker!:
Parent - By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-03 1:23 PM
I hate wind. Sometimes you just have to call it.:meh:
- By Spingoddess [us] Date 2018-11-03 1:18 PM
Hey, "A well placed sarcastic comment can work wonders where a rolled up newspaper can't!" Will Farrell.

11 slow miles this morning, felt pretty good afterward. Then rushed to shower and meet a new dog walking client, so by the time I got to eat and have my second cup of coffee I was a basket case.:laugh: But still got a lot done, working on the guest room/office, f/k/a the room where we shoved all the crap we never got around to unpacking.:roll: It's almost clear, and there's a sleeper sofa in there now so the guest who's coming to stay with me before we go run Philadelphia together in two weeks might actually have a place to sleep!:happy:  I'm headed to Target in a little while to pick up what is hopefully the last of the stuff-you-need-for-a-new-house stuff.  Tomorrow some friends are coming over to watch NYCM and drink mimosas with me.
- - By Limoboss Date 2018-11-03 1:39 PM
6 easy miles today. Wanted to get on the track for some interval work but the winds are gusting 40 to 50 so I pulled the plug on that. Sort of wish I was running NYCM tomorrow. Every time I’ve run it I say never again, but every year I watch it I wish I was there running it.
Parent - By Beastie Girl [us] Date 2018-11-03 5:13 PM
I feel the same about NYCM!
- - By triplejake (The Vampire Lestat) [us] Date 2018-11-03 2:23 PM
4.6 miles for me today.

Feeling somewhat hopeful today about the election, which makes me pretty nervous.  : pbbt:
Parent - By indie [us] Date 2018-11-03 3:16 PM
I  am filled with anxiety about the election. :cry:
- By Mookiethedog Date 2018-11-03 2:25 PM
No run but Molly and I turned a 10 minute rip around a field into a 12km hike in rubber boots.  Lots of rain but we were in the forest for 95% of the journey so kept kind of dry. :hug:
- By essel [us] Date 2018-11-03 4:27 PM
1.5 hour long walk with Zeke, then hills repeats on a bike, 17 miles total. After lunch went for short swim, but with few sprints. Later will be another walk and maybe I will go out to take some sunset pictures, sunsets have been very beautiful lately.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Sarcastic Saturday Dailies