Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Take down the Halloween stuff Thursday (Dailies)
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-11-01 5:57 AM
Not quite ready to put out Christmas stuff though!
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-11-01 6:05 AM Edited 2018-11-01 6:08 AM
4 miles with a friend last night.  I got home to hand out the Halloween candy.  It was fun. I have candy left over. Kind of mixed feelings about that. :blush: I only bought stuff I like too, but I have weened myself off of a lot of candy over the years with all my dental issues. Still I feel compelled to let myself have a little chocolate every day.  At that rate it will probably last until Christmas and be a little stale.

I had a lot more fun this year at Halloween than I expected. I think helping a friend decorate for her Halloween party (which I got to attend), decorating a table in my entry way with lights and some fun items, dressing up (twice) and making sure I was home to hand out treats made it more fun.   Sometimes you plan, work hard and end up not having any fun, but I think if you make a modest effort without stressing yourself out it works out much better. (Now if I can just remember that with Christmas.)

Maybe a short run and few weights today. I have a 10K race on Saturday.  :cool:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-11-01 6:27 AM
Chocolate keeps if you seal it in a plastic bag. At least it's worked for me. I love dark chocolate. :grin:
Good work on the 4 miler. Decorating itself helps raise the spirits.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-11-01 12:57 PM
can you bring it in to work? that's what I always did with leftover candy.
glad you enjoyed th holiday.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-11-01 5:27 PM
What race are you doing? I love Halloween because I enjoy seeing all the children dressed up.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-11-01 7:18 PM
In the library all the little kids from the various story hours would dress up and all would walk through the building collecting candy from the various departments. Even tiny kids were costumed. They were hilarious because they were just learning how to say, "Trick or treat" and receive candy. :laugh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-11-02 7:52 PM
If only every thing in life worked that way!:laugh:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-11-02 7:54 PM
I am doing a 10K called the Cliffhanger. It's up on a hill and there are many beautiful trees this time of year. it's renowned for being scenic as well as some years very cold,
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-11-01 6:25 AM
Wednesday was destined to be rainy all day, so I started out for my run just as it began. I was able to get in 45 minutes of running in the park. The trees are really beautiful there.
Today I want to get in another outside run but it is steadily raining. I may run inside this morning.
I have to go for my mam later and then DC and I are going to a book sale.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-11-01 8:04 AM
Have a fun day! Enjoy the fall leaves!
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-11-01 5:28 PM
I hope you got some good books.
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-11-01 6:53 AM
I bet all of the stores have their Christmas stuff out already. :roll:

It's warmish and humid this morning because there's rain headed this way.  I had a decent run, though.  I'm in a bit of a rush because I have a few errands to run then a funeral to attend.  I don't know if you remember me mentioning the family friend who died of suicide a few months ago, but this past week the man's son was found dead, apparently seizure-related.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-11-01 8:03 AM
The grocery store had some stuff out already.
Parent - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-11-01 12:53 PM
oh yeah. November 1st is officially "drag out the Christmas merchandise."

oh my goodness, so sorry about the second death in that family. How tragic.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-11-01 5:30 PM
Christmas stuff has been out for a while in some stores. Michael's has had decorations on display for weeks now. Very sad for that family.
Parent - - By classicsnerd [us] Date 2018-11-01 12:51 PM Edited 2018-11-01 12:58 PM
hello friends! I am excited to report that I have done 2 run-walk (more like walk-run) workouts this week. I'm planning for 3 this week, interspersed with walking only days, then 4, then 5, then 6. My run intervals have been 3 mins and walking 4 mins. Breathing-wise, I feel fine, but my core is still weak postpartum so devoting attention to that - using a postpartum "strength" routine geared towards the postpartum week. Today my total distance was 4.3 miles in about 55 minutes. I have a little bit of a gut that needs to go after a not very active pregnancy!

little Emery is doing well, getting bigger, keeping mom totally sleep-deprived :laugh:. Last night was a little better - she slept for 4 hours, was awake (and screaming :roll:) for 2, then slept for 3. Probably her best night yet. She will be 4 weeks on Monday! :shocker!:

halloween was so fun with the two littles! P was a farmer and E was a pumpkin. P was a riot, sticking both her fists into every candy bowl and saying "thank you welcome" as she added to her ever-growing stash :laugh: She doesn't really know what candy is, but she sure liked grabbing it.

leaves are starting to peak here and are very pretty. We've had some nice fall weather the last couple of weeks, which has been really enjoyable for my maternity leave walks with baby.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-11-01 2:44 PM
Great to see you rise to the surface of sleep depravity! :wink: Glad that all is well. :grin:
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-11-01 5:25 PM
I loved your fb picture of the girls! It must feel good to be running again.
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-11-01 5:24 PM
No running yet. I was diagnosed with an infection and put on medicine. I am hoping I start feeling better by Saturday. This no running and activity is beginning to get to me. At least I am back to eating more normal food because a brat diet was getting to me. Looking forward to running again.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Take down the Halloween stuff Thursday (Dailies)