Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Too much candy Thursday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-01 5:22 AM
I have a feeling kids are going to be tired and cranky and coming down from their sugar highs today.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-01 5:28 AM
~We have 11 races on our calendar right now! :shocker!:  And that doesn't include at least 2  for profit races we'd like to put on

~I turned down Halloween candy at practice yesterday. What is wrong with me???

~3 weeks until our Toy Drive. We are going from taking care of 30 kids to taking care of 120 kids! This is gonna be a bit stressful

~Leave for State XC tomorrow. I'm so disappointed we don't have a whole team but we should be happy we are taking runners at all. So many of my friends who coach never get anybody qualified

~Run streak stops at 9 days. I had some stuff come up yesterday and just couldn't get it done. I'm sure the rest day was needed anyway. My knees are pretty achy.

~Speaking of practice yesterday--like I said we have 2 boys qualified...but we had 7 kids show up for practice! I love the team culture we have built.

~Pretty sure a car load of the girls team is coming down to watch the two boys run Saturday

~We are timing 3 races in the next 4 weeks then we get a break
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-01 5:33 AM
That’s great about all the timing gigs.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-01 8:51 AM
Turning down candy - whaaaat?

Wow that is a huge change from 30 kids to 120. Did you get more sponsors lined up? Do people adopt the kid/wish list or just buy a few things randomly?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-04 1:07 PM
I just have a few sponsors. Normally listeners/friends/businesses take care of MOST of the kids in advance (when we had 30). We'll just see how it goes...
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-11-01 5:33 AM
--My nephew was Bob Ross for Halloween. I thought his hair was his own. His sister was cracking up about that. I was like, “well, that’s what it always kind of looks like when he comes to MO to visit”. :laugh:

--Made a special trip to a Walmart out of town to get jicama for my vegetable lessons today. No jicama. :roll: So, 2nd graders are getting cauliflower and sugar snap peas, 1st graders are getting orange bell peppers and sugar snap peas and my PreK and K classes are getting just the sugar snap peas. At least it will be easy.

--After next week my schedule kind of slows down a little. I’m fine with that. I’m not going to go out of my way to get agencies and schools scheduled for the remainder of the year since there isn’t a whole lot of pressure on us until January to meet quotas. Instead, I’m going to try to make a few contacts with food pantries and a couple of adult agencies to make arrangements to have places to go on the spur of the moment should we have a snow day or someone cancels. I still have a couple of schools I need to make contact with too and finish up lesson plans for 3rd-6th.

--I need to have my wedding ring repaired. I must have gotten one of the prongs caught on something and pulled it because it’s bent. Oops. I need to just get a plain, solid silver band and wear that.

--Rainy day. :meh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-11-01 5:36 AM
Get one of those silicone bands before you rip your finger off doing farm stuff
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-01 8:52 AM
My coworker's son was also Bob Ross, although he had a wig :laugh:

You get time off for Thanksgiving in just a few weeks, right? I say coast until then :laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-11-01 9:01 AM
B had fun last night although still hasn't quite gotten it. He did like walking around saying "I trick or treat" and then after going up a driveway he started walking backwards saying "I back down" or something like that. It was hilarious.

Saw one of the ladies from book club. I knew the general area of her house but wasn't sure which until she was out handing candy.

had a decent amount of candy left over but not as much as past years thankfully.

Got into work late today because B slept in but I was able to work from home during that time so hopefully I can still leave to work out

Left both my breakfast and lunch at home :roll:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Too much candy Thursday RTTs