Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wish it was Friday Wednesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-31 5:11 AM
: pbbt:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-31 5:26 AM
--Combining lessons #5 and #6 in my 1st and 2nd grade classes at MV today. They’re giving me an extra 15-20 minutes to make it work. Going to be a little hectic but that means I will finish up at MV tomorrow and not have to go back next week on the day from hell. Counselor is going to try to talk them in to letting me teach 3rd and 4th grades next year. That would be awesome because it would give me an entire day of teaching there for 36 days! The 3rd and 4th grade curriculum is really good too. They learn about the nutrients, digestive system and comparing foods.

--Had some buttermilk I needed to use up so I searched for recipes that called for it. Ended up making a chocolaty, gooey cake. It’s okay. I’ve had better. Something sweet to eat on this week. :wink:

--Kids liked the “paper bag relay” we played yesterday. : pbbt: I like having use of the entire gym. That makes it nice for the sake of the physical activity component. Planning to borrow a parachute from my coworker in a couple of weeks to do activities with that. :happy:

--My 5 p.m. client had to cancel tonight. Luckily my 6 p.m. (90 minute guy) can come in at 4 p.m. :cool:

--We’re out of dog food. Sarge got some crumbs this morning. Good thing it’s OF Wednesday at the Farm and Supply store. 5% discount. : pbbt:

--Iowa wants to run the Bass Pro 5K this weekend. He isn’t signed up. If it’s more than $25 and he doesn’t get a shirt he’s not going. I’d go and spectate but I’m not running. No sense when I’m so grossly out of shape.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-31 5:47 AM
Kids love parachute activities!  I bet you'll have a blast with that.  :cool:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-31 6:13 AM
gooey chocolate cake sounds perfect
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-31 8:11 AM
Mmmmm chocolate cake distracted me.......couldn't finish reading. : pbbt:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-31 6:02 AM
*I ended up not calling the doctor on my foot.  I had started soaking it Monday night and by mid morning Tuesday it was definitely improving.  I soaked that thing probably 8 times yesterday.  It's only red now by the actual toe that has the issue and the swelling is almost all gone.  I'm off today as well, so I'll keep up with this and I think it'll be ok. 

*I picked up a trap from my FIL yesterday, so we've got that in the attic rafters to hopefully catch whatever is up there.  I'm pretty sure it's a little possum.  And I'm totally creeped out that it's in my house. 

*I feel so out of sorts not running much these past 3 days.  I had been running pretty high mileage for probably a month.  It's just so odd.  And I have so much more time.  :laugh:

*Not reaching my step goal each day is really bugging me though.  Of course, it's nice that it's now lowering by the day.  :laugh:  Mine auto-set the goal, so as I ran more and more, the goal kept going up.  Friday, the last day I made the goal, it was over 22,000.  :shocker!:  That's just wrong, that I could run 10 miles and not hit the steps goal.  :roll:  I need to go into settings and just manually set something reasonable.  Or ignore the goal thing, but I'm too competitive for that.  :blush:

*I didn't get a Halloween care package out to my away kids this year.  :sad:  I have a card ready to go out.  So they will get Halloween cards.  Late.  :blush::laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-31 6:09 AM
What is wrong with your toe?

Are you using a live trap?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-31 6:21 AM
I've had a blister that didn't heal for a couple weeks.  It got infected and Sunday, a week before the marathon, my whole foot got red and swelled up.  :cry:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-31 6:14 AM
Glad the toe is better :hug:

One of the wiener dogs killed a baby possum and brought it in the house in the middle of the night a few weeks ago :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-31 6:23 AM
I feel your pain, Ellie got one in the backyard on Friday, which was why I think that's what is up there.  Bill was home all.damn.day.  Ellie got the possum 20 minutes after he left.  :roll:  It was awful.  :cry:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-31 8:08 AM
At least they will get them:hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-31 8:10 AM
I'm so glad the soaking has improved your toe.:hug:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-31 7:08 AM
~My Halloween costume is apparently "Fat Guy In Skinny Sweats"

~apparently I got nothing. My RTTS have been sitting here with one sentence for an hour
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-31 7:51 AM
:hug::laugh:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-31 7:56 AM
:laugh::hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-31 8:08 AM
So....I just told a black guy it is ok for him to come in the back door. :cry::cry:
*****Important details - Our house/office has a sign on the back door where parking is, to use the front door only. It was here when we leased the place. We haven't changed it. I like it because only people I know come in that way. Basically, after we have met, I know why you are here and am aware that you will be back, I tell you it is fine to use the back door. It is more convenient. Especially when you are a tradesman carrying stuff like this guy might be. Those are literally the words I use for everyone. I pretty much only want people I don't know or expect to come in the front door.

Tbh, i'm sure he isn't the first black person I've told, but for some reason today the first thing that crossed my mind when he shut the front door after I told him that was "OMG":cry::cry::cry::cry: Now I'm obsessing. And of course he is an older gentleman, maybe that is why it occurred to me that it might have sounded bad. OMG. :cry::cry::cry:

Tj FINALLY lost his first tooth. And as it goes..........like sister, like brother, he swallowed it. : pbbt:: pbbt: The owner of the biscuit place (Stilesboro Biscuits) Gave him a dollar:laugh: Now his pic is on the wall:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wish it was Friday Wednesday RTTs