Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Talking Turkey Tuesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-30 5:04 AM
:grin:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-30 5:25 AM
--I have 45 pre-registered for our Turkey Strut. :cool: A handful of first timers which is good. :happy:

--Iowa is signed up for the half at Fargo. :cool: There was a question on the entry form that asked “Why are you running Fargo”. I filled in, “My wife is making me.” : pbbt:

--All done combining corn. Pretty shitty crop due to the drought. The field he combined grossed about as much money as the one he cut for silage so it’s good to know that he decision of what to do there didn’t really matter. The only plus to the field that was cut for silage is that he has another silage type of crop that he was able to get planted that he’ll harvest next month.

--Soybeans should be a lot better.

--Finishing up four classes at MV Elementary this week. :happy: Had four people (one guy) in my adult class yesterday. It went really well for more or less winging it. :blush: I have to say, it gets easier and easier the more familiar you get with the material as a whole.

--Thinking about having the outside of my office building re-done. It needs some maintenance. Not really interested in messing with the brick and concrete so thinking about wrapping it all in a nice looking metal. I need to do something. Krystal isn’t going to buy it. She has her appointment book marked off as much for getting tattoos as she does massage appointments. :roll: Honestly, where the hell else do you put one? I don’t get it.

--We have a mini Kilaheua volcano at our farm. We’ve had this pile of ground miscanthus that has been smoldering for weeks. It’s weird. It’ll go out and then a few days later it starts up again. Combustion in action. : pbbt:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-30 5:31 AM
Your Turkey Day race is looking GOOD
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-30 6:27 AM

>“My wife is making me.”

:laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-30 6:40 AM

>I have to say, it gets easier and easier the more familiar you get with the material as a whole.

I've never been a big fan of public speaking but I find as long as it is something I actually know and can talk about it goes fine. It is when I don't know what I'm talking about that I get super nervous and you can hear it in my voice.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-30 5:56 AM
~Pulled an all-nighter. First time I've slept all night in as long as I can even remember. Surely stopping the HBP meds has nothing to do with that, right???? :roll:: pbbt:

~I've also "run" I think 8 days in a row. (mileage is pretty shitty but at least I'm out)  I'd have to look to see if I've done that even once this year

~Happy National Candy Corn Day! Love it or leave it?

~I can't wait until I can get back into my 34 in jeans. I'll try again this week. (I have several pairs of them..only a couple pairs of these 36 in)

~Why do other sports have "practice jerseys". Like a uniform you have to wear at practice? When did that become a thing?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-30 6:27 AM
It really sucks that the HBP meds make the whole rest of your life miserable.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-30 6:34 AM
I rolled my eyes at the practice jerseys last year when we went to academy soccer. But now I love it. It is so uniform between everyone. It is less distracting on the field. Especially soccer which is so mobile and form changing. It replicates game day well.

Candy corn - leave it as far away from me as possible.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-30 6:36 AM
How many different practice jerseys are there? Laundry every day????
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-30 9:20 AM
No. We only have one, but she wears it all week. I might wash it in the middle of the week. But she only does practice 2 nights.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-30 6:41 AM
Candy corn - blech.

I've never thought about practice jerseys. I can see it for football because they need to cover the pads but otherwise I don't get it
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-30 6:37 AM
*I am feeling decidedly crummy this morning.  I have a to do list a mile long.  But I don't have to work, so at least there's that.

*I feel like soaking my foot is helping it, however, with it swollen and red all the way to the ankle, I probably need oral antibiotics as well.  I really really really don't want to go in for this.  :meh:

*It took 4 hours to bake and bag 8 batches of cookies yesterday.  Good thing I already had the dough made.

*Joseph got one of the four outstanding seniors awards last night at marching awards.  :shocker!::grin::hug:  We were both pretty shocked. He's not that kid to be perfectly honest.  He's generally a little lazy and very sarcastic but apparently he has thrived in the leadership role this year. 

*To see the change from freshman Joseph to senior Joseph is just astounding.  He was so quiet and shy.  Now he's very social.  It was just so neat seeing him in his world last night.  He's come such a long way.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-30 6:44 AM
Yikes on the foot. We had our open enrollment meeting yesterday and they were talking about Anthem's Dr service where you can do the Facetime a Dr thing for $49 and it is pretty quick. Would be quicker than urgent care for sure although not sure what all they can diagnose on the app.

That's awesome on Joseph's award! And to see how much he's changed and grown. although in my head he is still in elementary school
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-30 6:49 AM
Really cool about Joseph! :hug:

Really shitty about your foot. Bite the bullet and go to an urgent care and get started on antibiotics (or go to a pet supply place and get some fish pen)
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-30 6:52 AM
If I wasn't hoping to run 26 miles on it in a couple days I might give the whole soaking thing a little longer to see if it would work, but I need this to heal NOW.  So yeah, I'l be calling when the doctor's office opens.  :meh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Talking Turkey Tuesday RTTs