Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wednesdailies Have Arrived!
- - By judyruns Date 2018-10-24 6:23 AM
Post. :hug:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-10-24 6:24 AM
Tuesday was USDO. Still have the congestion in the throat but no pain. I did a lot of domestic XT that has been awaiting my attention, physical stuff. I also did a great deal of study.
Today I plan an inside workout with dvds and up the stairs (I’m in a high rise) Volunteer work at the library with DC I hope this afternoon. I need to get going on a decongestant to get rid of the congestion I have. Still have this laryngitis thing.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-10-24 7:21 AM
Sorry to hear that you are under the weather.  I hope you get feeling better soon!
Parent - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-10-24 4:15 PM
I hope you feel better.
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-10-24 7:26 AM
I'm enjoying the cooler weather. :happy:  One of my favorite things is waking up to a cold bedroom. :grin:  Low 40s is nice weather for running so I had a pretty good 5-mile run.  I have errands to run today and I need to get a flu shot.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-10-24 2:01 PM
A cool bedroom but lots of blankets. Aaaah. :grin:

It's cool here today, and rainy. I am taking a SDO today from PT. Yesterday's session was the first really painful one I've ever had, but it was productively painful. So my MCL (medial collateral ligament, which run along the side of the knee on the inner thigh) has been limiting my rehab progress because there's some scarring and adhesions from the original injury. It's been limiting my range of motion more than the new ACL tendons. So my physical therapist yesterday used a cupping device to lift and manipulate the tendon, with the intent of breaking up some of the adhesions.

It seems to have worked. I immediately gained 5 degrees more flexion. :shocker!: And I'm moving noticeably better today. :happy: I am also literally bruised from the cupping. :meh: So heat and ice and gentle stretching and flexing today only. Nothing strenuous.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-10-24 4:56 PM
I have Raynaud's, so my extremities can get really cold, but I get ridiculously warm when I'm asleep.  Yes, I do tend to wake up cold if I'm sleeping on a glacier, but just a "summer weight" duvet keeps me quite warm until my bedroom temperature dips down into the mid 50s.  59 degrees or so and I'm quite happy.

Woah, that's a really big result from cupping.  It does tend to leave bruises, but overall it's probably worth it.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-10-24 3:58 PM
Great work on the 5 miler! It's sure easier to run when it's cooler.
It is hard to get up in a cool bedroom when there is a nice, pouffy comforter added for winter. :grin:
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-10-24 4:59 PM
My set point for cold is different from the average bear, so I don't find it too difficult to get up unless it gets cold enough inside to worry about the pipes freezing. :laugh:  I do rather enjoy the contrast between the warmth under the covers and the outer chill, though.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-10-25 7:12 AM
Since my head is sticking out, sometimes I wear a fuzzy hat as well. DC does it at his place also.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-10-24 4:15 PM
I enjoy the cooler weather too. Hope you are not running around all day.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-10-24 5:00 PM
I did end up running around (not in the RR sense of the word : pbbt:) most of the day, but I got a lot of errands done.
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-10-24 2:12 PM
OH! And my PT agrees I am cleared to drive now, based on physical ability. :grin:

Only...T-Bone wants me to wait until exactly six weeks after surgery, i.e., this coming Monday, even though the surgeon said six weeks is not set in stone, but based on my physical ability to drive safely, which could take more or less than six weeks, depending on individual recovery. :roll:

But he's pushing for six weeks exactly because he is worried for my safety and feels protective. So on the one hand I want to tell him to stuff it, but the other is saying "Awwwwww....that's so sweet." I think I'll split the difference and start driving again on Friday.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-10-24 4:00 PM
Guys thrive on being protective. They need to do it. :laugh: And it does come in handy. :blush:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-10-24 4:38 PM
I confess I could kinda relax into this and let it continue...:blush::grin:
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-10-24 4:47 PM
:evil:
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-10-24 4:14 PM
It must be nice to have someone who cares.:hug:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-10-24 4:37 PM
OMG, right? It still blows me away some days. The contrast to my first marriage couldn't be starker. Every day he finds ways to *do* things to show he cares. Like, he drove my car the other day when it was dark and noticed the sheen of oil from the manufacturer still on the inside of the windshield was causing some glare. So he got home from work and got the Windex and cleaned it for me. A little thing, but every once in a while I find myself near tears seeing him quietly do things to make my life easier and better. It's a mix of gratitude to him for being so thoughtful and capable, and sadness for all the years I learned to expect that no one close to me would ever consider doing anything for me.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-10-24 4:50 PM
I feel you.  Once you get used to one brand of "normal," it can take an awful lot of time to realize that your idea of "normal" isn't normal at all.
Parent - - By runningteach [us] Date 2018-10-24 4:14 PM
I ran on Monday, but have had some gastro distress, and had to take a few days off. Missed work too. I think the fair food, along with some other food choices caused me issues. I have had to watch what I eat for a while now. I went to the doc and got some testing done. Thank goodness it is not diverticulitis again. Anyway, I had a great time at the Wool and Sheep Festival. I road up with a friend and shared a room with her. I am an introvert at heart and I need alone time, but it worked out well. On Sunday we had DD's graduation party and that was a great success. It was very nice. She is getting frustrated because she hasn't had any calls for jobs. Hoping to get back to running either tomorrow or Friday.
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-10-24 4:51 PM
Oh man, sorry about your gastro distress. :cry:  I'm glad it's not diverticulitis, though, so hopefully it will resolve itself soon.

Best wishes to DD.  I hope she gets a job offer soon. :hug:
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-10-25 7:15 AM
Best wishes with the gastro issues. It's great when diet control solves the problem. :hug:
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-10-26 10:22 AM
The Sheep and Wool Fest always looks like fun! Glad you went and enjoyed it!

Sending you good tummy vibes. Glad it was not diverticulitis.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Wednesdailies Have Arrived!