Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Taco Tuesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-23 4:53 AM
:happy:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-23 5:05 AM
-Well, I guess I’ll see if the new school I start today is ready for me. Never did get any sort of return email or phone call from the principal or PE teacher. :roll: Finding out quickly that PE teachers are pretty much flakes in general. Better to deal with school nurses. They’re much more efficient.

--I was looking at Tmbuk2 bags last night. I want a new one. I have one that I’ve had for years and years. Saw a girl at the coffee shop last week and she had a cool one.

--Made an appointment with the hand surgeon for my thumb. January 7. Yea, I know, it's a while out but I’d like to wait until the new calendar year on my insurance since, if I ultimately decide to do the surgery, I will meet my deductible and this visit will go toward that. It wasn’t like I was going to get in immediately anyway.

--Had lunch with a colleague of mine yesterday. I had to make a trip to Springfield to the office for some supplies for a class later in the week.

--Looking forward to Thanksgiving. I have that whole week off except Monday. Going to be nice. Then at Christmas I’ll be off from the 24th-1st. :happy:

--Moon was pretty cool looking this morning.

--Iowa had to go in at 10 p.m. last night and help and the plant (they got it up and running from the fire a couple months ago) and then haul a load of product to a local company. It was after 2 a.m. he got home. :cry:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-23 5:27 AM
Time off at the holidays? What's that?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-23 5:37 AM
Yea, right. I’ll probably be doing massages. :blush:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-23 8:43 AM
I think you're smart to schedule it at the beginning of the year! Might as well enjoy having the deductible met the rest of the year.

Are you taking the holiday time off with PTO or is work closed? Guessing you get some decent holidays since it is a university
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-23 9:06 AM
I get the week between Xmas and NY off....paid. :cool: I’m taking the 24th as PTO since it makes no sense to work that day. We get Thursday and Friday of Thanksgiving. I teach that Monday but using PTO for the other two days.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-23 10:51 AM
:cool::cool:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-23 5:25 AM
~mmmmtacosmmmm

~My #1 girl went to the Dr yesterday because of knee pain. He has no clue what is wrong with her but tells her no running FOR A MONTH :roll::roll::roll: 

~WTF, all of a sudden the screen on my laptop looks really small. I think I might be seriously losing my mind

~Date set for Xmas in July for 2019. Registration opens Christmas Day

~Districts this Sat. We host. Gonna be beautiful all week. Then rain in the middle of the night Friday night because, why not?

~I"m ready for a nap
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-23 5:38 AM
Maybe I’ll be in shape to do the Christmas in July. My plan is to pace Lara at Prairie Spirit the end of March and then run Fargo the middle of May. Surely I’d be able to do your race.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-23 5:41 AM
If you do both of those you'd definitely be in shape to go 50K in the 6 hour
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-23 6:18 AM
Our high school coach used to ask parents not to take the kid to the doctor until the trainer recommends it for exactly that reason.  Once the doctor says no running, their season is usually over and often it's something a week off with the trainer can nip in the bud if the kid says something as soon as there's an issue.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-23 6:25 AM
Same. But these parents know more than we do. This is the same dad who tells her running easy on easy days is stupid and won't make her faster
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-23 6:31 AM
:roll::mutmad:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-23 8:45 AM
:roll:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-23 6:19 AM
I'm glad you're hosting the race again.  :grin:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-23 6:25 AM
Me too :grin:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-23 8:45 AM
did you accidentally shrink the text - I do it all the time where it either gets really small or really big

Hoping the rain disappears. Or is it related to the hurricane hitting Mexico (or maybe that is too far away right now)
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-23 6:31 AM
*Texted with Jonathan for about an hour last night.  His first day went fine.  He got his computer and very own hard hat for when he goes into the ship yard.  He was pretty pumped about the hard hat.  :laugh:

*When we visited him I got to see a couple of the ships in the river.  It was so surreal.  You just don't expect to see these navy vessels just floating there.  It's definitely not something you see everyday. 

*This weekend was so exhausting.  I'm hoping by Friday maybe I won't be so tired.  :laugh:

*Jonathan left a huge mess when he moved out.  Piles for good will.  Stuff he didn't have room for.  Trash bags, boxes, packing material.  A mess.  :roll:

*Jonathan said he's been corrected on the pronunciation of the town he's living in a couple times.  That'll happen when you give a town a weird name and then say it differently than it's spelling.  :roll:  Peshtigo. 

*Missed my Mom Monday call last night.  I kind of needed it.  I ended up texting to make sure all was well.  Just busy.  I figured as much, but sometimes I worry.  :meh:

*Joseph said last night how weird it is around the house.  He's right.  It's definitely weird.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-23 6:32 AM
Hell yeah, who wouldn't be pumped about getting your own hard hat??????  So :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-23 8:48 AM
That would be neat seeing the ships - this might be a dumb question but how do the ships get from there to wherever they need to go? I assume navy ships aren't really needed in WI??

How do you pronounce Peshtigo?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-23 10:44 AM
I'm not really sure to be totally honest.  I'm not sure if there's a waterway from Lake Michigan to open water.  :wtf:

Jonathan says it's more like Peshtago, but short on the ta.  :wtf:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-23 10:52 AM
the more I say it in my head the more I get to "fish taco" so that's what it is now : pbbt:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-23 1:05 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-23 6:01 PM
:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Taco Tuesday RTTs