Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Mostly Monday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-22 6:15 AM
Another Monday. :meh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-22 6:26 AM
--Silver Dollar City was so crowded Saturday. We only went on one ride because the lines were so long. Not a whole lot of craft demos like the blacksmith, etc. going on. Honestly, I was a bit disappointed and the whole theme park thing wasn’t Iowa’s cup of tea. I think we would have been better off staying at home. :blush:

--Ran two days in a row. :shocker!:

--Need to go to Springfield today to the main office and get supplies for this week and do my grocery shopping. I can’t find silken tofu around here. :roll: It’s an in service day and we have no particular assignment. Works for me. : pbbt:

--Meadow got a bath yesterday. :happy:

--Got all my produce stuff done. Cut up the last watermelon, cleaned all the carrots and cooked those in with a roast, diced up the rest of the bell peppers and froze those, picked lettuce and made a big salad with spinach and tomatoes. :happy:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-22 6:27 AM
Told you I call it "Steal Your Dollar City". They don't do all the cool stuff anymore.

Great job running 2 days!
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-22 9:49 AM
We did watch the Willis Clan. They were good. But then I Googled them on our way home and learned about their Christian father raping 4 of the girls and it just made me sad. Someone needs to slice that MF’s dick off and leave him to bleed to death. :mutmad::evil:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-22 6:40 AM
Saturday in the fall probably isn't a good day to go to a place like that, especially if schools are on fall break. You can come to our local museum for blacksmithing and old timey demos

are you using tofu in your demonstration?
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-22 9:50 AM
Blueberry tofu smoothies. :grin:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-22 6:26 AM
~I had exactly ZERO desire to get out of bed today and come to work

~Supposed to be off Friday to prepare for Districts this Saturday. But none of my co-irkers will cover for me so apparently I'm working after all

~Timed the Donut Dash Saturday. It went pretty smoothly considering massive amounts of walkers and race bandits.

~Trying not to get my hopes up for this Saturday.

~3 more races to time between State XC and the end of the year.

~Xmas movies start this Saturday on Hallmark :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-22 6:41 AM
Thought the GM was going to be forced to cover? Or was that wishful thinking?

Race bandits :sad: Wanted the donuts I guess?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-22 6:43 AM
Yeah, like THAT is gonna happen

I think they were just too clueless to even realize they shouldn't do it.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-22 6:39 AM
I was off on Friday. Used up a spa gift certificate. They apparently gave me a higher end facial than I was supposed to get but fortunately honored my gift card so I didn't owe $60 :shocker!:

Weekend was busy, Halloween event Sat at Cabela's and then hung around at home the rest of the day since it was like 40mph winds. My parents lost power for like 4 hours and other areas did too. Sunday we went to a farm/pumpkin patch place which has tons to do. They keep adding more and more each year. Great place for school age kids.

When I put B to bed last night he said "ChooChoo Fun!!!" LOL I guess he liked the train

I ran twice last week, which sadly is some sort of record at this point. My hip is back to killing me again after I run, I think I am just destined to have that pain if I run as when it used to happen years ago and I tried lots of things to make it better no one could figure out what was wrong.

Still need to get some pumpkins to carve this weekend. I always like how they look but I'm not really a pumpkin carving fan.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-22 6:49 AM
I don't have any pumpkins or a single Halloween decoration up :sad:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-22 7:38 AM
Power outages cancelled the State band competition at Lawrence Central. :cry: But only after we sat through 2 hours of delays in that freezing cold wind. :cry:  And then it snowed on our way home.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-22 8:21 AM
:cry::cry: that all sounds terrible! The power outages seemed to hit all different parts of the metro area it was crazy.  Will band be next weekend?
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-22 10:22 AM
Yes, we are still waiting to hear when/where.  I'm glad it was canceled.  Those kids work so hard on those routines.  No one would've gotten the routine they trained for with 40 mph winds.  They were delayed an hour and then the power came on.  They said they needed to give the kids another hour to warm up to get back on schedule. 20 minutes later the power went out again.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Mostly Monday RTTs