Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday is Here dailies
- - By judyruns Date 2018-10-19 4:56 AM
Post. :grin:
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-10-19 4:57 AM
Thursday I slept longer and decided to do 40 minutes of cardio dvd inside since it was colder outside. In the afternoon, DC and I did 3 hours 15 minutes of volunteer work. I was wiped out after that.

Today is meditation class, then yoga class. I need some XT. There is also an excellent tea class.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-10-19 8:11 AM
Does DC volunteer at the library with you or were you volunteering somewhere else?  Sometimes sleep is better!!!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-10-19 2:25 PM
DC and I both volunteer at the library. :happy:
Parent - - By newfmrs Date 2018-10-19 8:16 AM
OMG IT WAS UNDER 80 DEGREES WHEN I STARTED MY RUN!!!!  Well 79 degrees and no worries it was 81 when I finished.  I believe it's to cool down a little next week.  I can't wait.  It's been 90 practically every day in Sept & Oct.  We've been swimming a lot but I still want a break from it.  I only ran about 3 miles.  Not my slowest nor quickest pace as of late.  DH will get home late but has to physically go to work tomorrow and Sunday :sad:.  Our neighborhood yard sale is tomorrow and DH always wants us to participate.  I had to do the spring one alone as well.  I don't mind it but my little ones hate watching their stuff go and/or are trying to play with it.  Sometimes I wish my kids would be lazier and I could just plop them down with a movie and popcorn.
Parent - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-10-19 12:56 PM
:grin: Cooler weather!!!
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-10-19 2:30 PM
The 90's are really hard for running. When the temps finally lower, all of a sudden you have this speed that was there all the time. Heat puts a damper on our sport for sure. :meh:
Parent - - By Zipper [us] Date 2018-10-19 1:17 PM
Physical therapy is kicking my *ss. This is good, so I'm okay with it, but damn. It's still kicking my *ss, ya know?

Got to 115 degrees flexion yesterday and that meant I was able to use the stationary bike, which is great. None of the PT exercises felt particularly *hard* during the session, but the after-effect was that I was dragging by bedtime. It takes a lot of energy, I guess, to simultaneously heal from surgery AND re-build muscle. I really did feel this morning about the same as I would after a 20-miler or trail 50K, even down to retaining fluid just like after a race, and having that similar quality of really deep sleep.

I can tell I need a bit of a rest day, so I'm not going to do full PT today; just a walk and some of the ROM exercises. It's also date night tonight; T-Bone and I are going out to eat this evening. He's had a rough week at work and could use some decompression, and I could stand to get out of the house. Almost two more weeks of driving restrictions left and I'm getting quite antsy about being cooped up.
Parent - By judyruns Date 2018-10-19 2:29 PM
Healing takes a lot of effort and some rest. I know it's hard to rest. :blush::grin:
Up Topic Communities / Women / Friday is Here dailies