Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Women / Today is Thursday (Dailies)
- - By swandive [us] Date 2018-10-18 6:40 AM
Post!
Parent - - By swandive [us] Date 2018-10-18 6:46 AM
Nice run this morning. :happy:  It's in the low 50s.  I ran one of my regular routes, but this is the first time I ran it at a sub-10 pace since April. :shocker!::blush:  This summer has just about killed me, but the forecast is finally looking a bit better.  Unfortunately I've gotten into a pattern of poor sleeping where I end up spending the second half of the night doing a lot of tossing and turning.  Ugh.

I'm planning to do some more work outside today but here's a picture of what I have done so far: https://photos.app.goo.gl/MvCLCLF2XTLFK4r76  It started out as a slope and I added the terraces, rocks, and plants.  The rock in question is the big one on the bottom terrace with some plants sitting in front of it.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-10-18 7:16 AM
Great work on the run! Isn't it great when the speed "automatically" gets better when the temps go down? :grin: Part of the month I do the same thing with the later tossing and turning.

The big rock!! That doesn't even remotely look movable. Holy cow! The terraces are really amazing. It's all very artistically done. That looks like a ton of work and you did such a nice job. Thanks for posting the picture! The ferns and plants look so nice. :grin:
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-10-18 6:34 PM
Thanks!  I'm trying a bunch of shade-tolerant plants in hopes that something will grow.   I've also brought in the black soil from a marshy area of the property because the existing soil is awful.
Parent - - By judyruns Date 2018-10-18 7:17 AM
QOTD: What do you think of the newer shoe fabrics being knit instead of the traditional?
Are you running in any shoes like that yet?
How are they holding up?
Do they get holes in the fabric easier?

I have several pairs of Brooks Adrenalines that are now knit. The knit gets wet quickly in rain or wet grass but will also dry quickly…in summer, that is.
I’m wondering if the shoes will make feet cold quickly when worn in snow this winter.
There is more room in the toe box which was really helpful when my healing toe swelled.

Wednesday’s run was a bundled up run for 35 minutes. As I walked a little I noticed that a little fox squirrel was only about a yard from me. It just seemed curious. It was windy and cold. All the wildlife are scurrying around carrying nuts, etc.

Today I plan a trail run or perhaps a partial trail/park run. An afternoon of library volunteer work is on schedule for this afternoon.
Happy runs, All! :hug:
Parent - By laxrunner Date 2018-10-18 10:12 AM
I've been wearing Brooks Adrenaline for 15 years or so and just got my first pair of the new style a few weeks ago. I was a little nervous that they'd be too different, and was pleasantly surprised by how much I like them! I hope they hold up well.

Nice running! :cool:
Parent - By swandive [us] Date 2018-10-18 6:38 PM
As far as the QOTD, I'm pretty sure my shoes aren't newfangled. :laugh:  I've been wearing Mizuno Wave Riders for a few years now and they're on at least their 21st iteration so, aside from new color combinations, they haven't done anything too crazy.
Up Topic Communities / Women / Today is Thursday (Dailies)