Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Freezing Friday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-12 5:06 AM
Well, not really freezing, but when you go from 80+ degrees to low 40’s it does kind of feel like that.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-12 5:17 AM
~I'm wearing fleece

and pants

:mutmad:

~Timed a XC meet yesterday. Last meet we time this year. Actually went perfectly. Zero issues. Got all results emailed and posted online by 7, chugged a bunch of whiskey, skipped dinner and went to bed

~Suzi is out of town so I'm doing the single lifestyle. Falling asleep on the sofa with the dogs and skipping dinner :laugh:

~Candy Corn Beer????? Please just stop

~So the weirdo on the country station. I've talked about him before. Rides his bike to work now because he thinks it's cool and stages selfies doing yoga and shit. Well he now looks like a white girl at Starbucks getting her pumpkin spice cuz he seriously is wearing yoga pants and fucking uggs with his bro tank.

~So friggin sleepy
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-12 5:19 AM
That image you present is not what I picture of a country radio dude. :laugh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-12 5:22 AM
The image is not what most picture of ANY dude
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-12 5:36 AM
:laugh:  Good point!
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-12 6:21 AM
Dude isn't a word that should be used with that weirdo
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-12 5:18 AM
--Yesterday was a crazy, stressful day. Big festival (Apple Butter Making Days) in Mt. Vernon this weekend so vendors were already setting up yesterday morning on the square. :roll: It was a zoo. Since the Courthouse is closed tomorrow and there will be thousands of people everywhere I won’t be able to get to my office. But, I have programming all day today so I had to pack my car full of everything that I will need. Add that to 4 new lessons that involved a ton of prep and two unnecessary trips to Walmart to return rotten mangoes that was about all I could handle.

--Not going in to work until 9:30/10:00 today. Made the pumpkin bread last night for my class at the food pantry this morning/early afternoon.

--Class I’m doing today is a new one for me teaching as well as the one I have on Monday morning.

--Got Lockwood Elementary booked. I’m starting January 8th which is nice. Going to go 2x/week for 6 weeks. I’ll do PreK-2 on one day and 3-5 the other. They asked to combine PreK and K, which I could totally do, but that would be 34 kids in one class. :shocker!: That’s too many 4-6 year olds. Plus, it’s kind of crappy for me because if I did do that I would only get .5 hours of teaching. Keeping it separate earns me the entire hour. And, it’s all about the total teaching hours on paper.

--Iowa has to drive a truck to central Missouri today. :meh:

--It’s already raining this morning. Wasn’t supposed to start until 10.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-12 5:23 AM
I LOVE Apple Butter :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-12 5:38 AM
Controlling 34 4-6 year old kids is ridiculous to expect.  :shocker!:  Plus I would think you would want smaller groups so you could engage them more.  No way you can keep that many kids involved.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-12 5:53 AM
*I turned on my heated mattress pad last night.  Still ended up in the morning with the bed off and only a sheet, but it was nice to start the night all cozy and snuggled. 

*Marie comes home today.  :happy:  Fall break!  I feel kind of bad because things here are in full force end of band season mode and move Jonathan out mode, so I'm not sure how much fun she will have, but it will be great to have her home.

*Jonathan is finally starting to pack and has realized he has a LOT of stuff.  Yeah, no kidding sherlock.  We didn't suggest a 2 bedroom apartment so you could have a yoga studio.  : pbbt:  And really, it isn't so much that I want him to move out, but that I really just want his stuff to leave my house.  :laugh::blush:

*I need to register for my marathon today before the price goes up tomorrow.  I think I'm going to hold off on registering Anthony.  If things work out and he can do it, I'll pay the extra to register him last minute.  That way I'm not out $110 if it doesn't work out.  I'd rather pay an extra $20 than lose so much.  He only ran once last week...

*I need to get one more long run in yet.  Probably isn't going to happen this weekend though. 

*I've been trying to find the source of the gnats in my house for weeks now.  I have cleaned out every single cabinet in my kitchen.  I threw out anything open.  :meh:  There's only been 1 gnat in the past 2 days I've seen.  Maybe I'm on top of it now?   The only thing that looked like it might possibly be a problem was a package of nuts that was not sealed well, but that doesn't seem like something I would think would draw bugs.  :wtf:  In the end I just want them gone.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-12 6:02 AM
What marathon are you running? Gnats have been insane here too. :cry::mutmad::wtf:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-12 6:09 AM
Bowling Green.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-12 6:05 AM
Gnats here too. Everywhere. Home. Restaurants. Work. Everywhere.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-12 6:09 AM
Well that makes me feel a little better hearing they are everywhere.  They are seriously making me crazy.  :mutmad:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-12 6:26 AM
My right knee is popping. I take that as progress:cool:

Soccer game Sunday canceled due to other team not having enough players.

The worst has happened. Amy's ex-husband reported her for sexual abuse of the kids. Somehow he has brainwashed and coached the older daughter to lie and she confirmed it. No clue what was said. They have taken the kids from Amy. They took them yesterday. I don't even know what more to say. He has and is doing everything he can to break her and destroy her. This is what will do it.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-12 7:22 AM
How old is the older daughter? Sad that the kids are in the middle of this mess. Those are serious allegations. I hope there is no truth to them. I know people go to desperate measures in situations like this but I can’t imagine involving a child in this manner.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-12 7:32 AM
He started from day one turning the kids against her. Actually before the affair came to light he was already telling them age inappropriate things to blame Amy for his behavior. They kept the affair from her because of it. She and I have wondered if there was something going on with th 13yo and the dad because of the way he behaves. He is totally inappropriate with her. I have a video of J on her dad while he is on the floor. She is grinding on him and he doesn't stop her. Amy found her hiding in the shower one day and J told her it was the only place the ex wouldn't go. She could be alone in there. He had to be ordered by the therapist and the judge to not sleep in J's room every night. Amy and their therapist have already caught her in coached lies about abuse in therapy. So hopefully that will help. Her daughter spies on her and reports everything back to the father. Its classic brainwashing/parental alienation.

I only recently found out the therapist was unavailable for court because she was scared of the ex. She needs to be subpoenaed.

I wanted to call dfcs ourselves on him just to check things out, but because J had already tried to lie about her Amy was afraid it would turn against her. Turns out she was right and should have done it anyway.
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Freezing Friday RTTs