Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday, 11 Oct 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-11 6:58 AM
Nothing fancy to this start. 

Just post!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-10-11 9:15 AM
I tried the real elliptical at the gym this morning rather than the ARC trainer.  Did 30 minutes.  Didn't like it as much as the ARC.  My feet would gradually move forward on the place where you stand and then my knee would crash into to the frame.  3 times on my right knee and once on my left.

I had planned to take tomorrow off but our NY office just messed that up with stuff they want done tomorrow.  I will still try to get out for a run in the morning and see what it feels like to run when the temperature is below 50. With my advanced age I can't remember back far enough to remember what that feels like.

When my manager sees why I cancelled my time off, she may force me to take it anyway and then tell the NY office to wait until next week.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-10-11 9:23 AM
The elliptical tweaks my Achilles.  My feet move on the footpads too.:sad:
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-10-11 9:22 AM
Thanks for the daily.  i've wasted an hour with Kohls.com trying to place an order that I still would have to go to the store to pickup.   I will go to the store tomorrow and see if what I want is in stock.  I'm done with frustrating things for today.

My cell phone also died today and I'm going to take several days to mull over my next move.  I'm tempted not to replace it.  As I said, I've had enough frustration today.

The temp is 41 and the wind is howling so I believe windchill is in the 30's.  Got out my winter gear to walk Misha earlier.  Good running temp, but I believe the wind would blow me over.  Another day of yoga.....
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-11 10:15 AM
I too was let down this morning.  Was looking forward to walking with my friend that returned from WI and she forgot about our planned walk.  So I walked alone, but it was nice.  The creek is full of water and the ducks were out in full swing. 

Now I need to shower and get going. 

Enjoy your Thursday!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-10-11 11:14 AM
Each Halloween, the company has a costume contest that pits one department against another.  The IT department at work hasn't take part in a few years but when they did well when they did.  I was never in town when they participated but this year they are thinking of joining in.

I don't know how familiar you are with the change in medical diagnosis codes took place 10/1/2015 but we went from a few hundred diagnosis codes to thousands.  We are thinking of dressing up as some of the weirder diagnosis codes.  For example (and there are many more weird ones):

W220.2XD: Walked into lamppost, subsequent encounter
W61.33: Pecked by a chicken
W61.62XD: Struck by duck, subsequent encounter
W55.41XA: Bitten by pig, initial encounter
W59.22XA: Struck By turtle
R46.1: Bizarre personal appearance
Z63.1: Problems in relationship with in-laws
V97.33XD: Sucked into jet engine, subsequent encounter
Y92.253: Opera house as the place of occurrence of the external cause
V9135XA: Hit or struck by falling object due to accident to canoe or kayak
X52: Prolonged stay in weightless environment
V94810: Civilian watercraft involved in water transport accident with military watercraft
Y92241: Hurt at the library
Y93.D1: Stabbed while crocheting
S10.87XA: Other superficial bite of other specified part of neck, initial encounter
V91.07XD: Burn due to water-skis on fire, subsequent encounter
V00.01XD: Pedestrian on foot injured in collision with roller-skater, subsequent encounter
V95.43XS: Spacecraft collision injuring occupant

It should make for some interesting costumes if we do that.

I told them I would put a sign on my desk "F40.01 Agoraphobia with panic disorder" and then I would just stay home that day.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-11 11:36 AM
:laugh:

Those are weird codes!
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-10-11 1:46 PM
:laugh:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-11 4:41 PM
Go for the costume Dave.  Then you can go trick or treating and get Reeses Cups.

Where is

"Concussion due to reclining too fast on Lazy Boy"   

"Blinded by light while reaching for beer in back of refrigerator in middle of night."
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-11 1:42 PM
Just posting to bump it up.
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-11 4:44 PM
A little rap.   Bump it up, bump it up, You want it more, so bump it up up up.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-11 4:54 PM
Big clothing deliveries this morning.  Also did some pick ups but some frustration as it seem to take forever to find the person who knew anything about what clothing or where they were in the building. 

Was delivering clothes to this storefront church.  Great smells.  Turns out it was a Jamaican shop next door.  Went over and got an order of jerk chicken.  Pretty good but my mouth craved some ice cream.

Really tough scenes in Florida.

Tom in DE

22 days
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-10-11 6:30 PM
Your team just scored.  (to an ex-Bear)   And Eli is standing there with his mouth hanging open.   -just in case you don't have the game on.:grin:
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-11 7:35 PM
Bump it up, bump it up, bump it up up up.  E-A-G-L-E-S.    (Actually I can't watch until 2nd half cause Lynda gets TV for her shows)  Besides I was out gear shopping.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Thursday, 11 Oct 2018