Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thankful Thursday RTTs
- - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-11 5:45 AM
:cool:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-11 5:51 AM
Things I am thankful for:

Ripley's knee seems to be just a sprain. I've never sprained my knee so it hadn't even occurred to me. She has a super-duper knee brace and no running, jumping or soccer ball for a week then we return for evaluation. If it is improving then we'll keep that up until she is back to normal. If not, MRI. My relief when he said no tears was immediate. Oh man. I felt so much better. But now, to keep her still and calm and not chasing her brother. :laugh: Here's hoping she can still do the Atlanta United Keeper Training Camp that starts next Friday.

Michael - I haven't seen the damage yet in SGI. I've heard it is bad. I know PCB is bad. I'm thankful my BIL and BF got out and are safe. All Q's family are safe. Our family on SGI don't know how the island is yet. But none of the video cams are working. The power is out. It could be days.
Atlanta - We are no worse for the wear. The winds weren't too bad. The rain was amazingly loud and nonstop forever. I had to sleep on the couch because it was so loud. But besides a few trees and power lines, as far as I've heard Atlanta is doing fine. It is amazingly dark this morning though, which is weird.

Tomorrow is pay day!

With a lame player, this weekend just chilled out:cool:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-11 5:54 AM
Glad the knee isn't as serious as feared! :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-11 5:59 AM
Me too. I was practically giddy. We had to explain how this was so much better than it could have been.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-11 6:06 AM
I was wondering how you were doing in the storm when I was watching the coverage on the news last night. So devastating. :sad:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-11 7:01 AM
Apparently it is the strongest Hurricane to hit Georgia since 1898 or something. Usually by the time Gulf Canes come up to GA they are tropical storms at that point.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-11 7:02 AM
I saw some pix of SGI and thought of you. I didn't realize you had family that lived there, I just thought it was a vacation spot.

I'm no Dr. but I think super duper knee brace and no running/jumping means no soccer camp in a week either to be safe
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-11 7:14 AM
Quinin's aunt has a house there. They live there permanently now that she is retired. But they evacuated to their Tallahassee house. She used to work for FEMA (Florida Emergency Management Agency). We rent a house on their street to be close to them. The trips start as a Memorial Day family reunion every year.

I know I know. But here's hoping it will only be a week. Let me dream, dammit!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-11 5:52 AM
~Chance of snow Monday morning :roll::roll::roll:

~75 days til Xmas

~I wanna buy one of the new 77 packs of Natty Light

~Last XC meet that we will be timing is today. Just me. Suzi is going out of town with her boss. I'll be sooooo glad when it's over XC meets are the worst. No coaches follow instructions. Nobody gets their entries in on time. Or gets them correct. But then they bitch loudly when it takes longer than 60 seconds to print results. :roll::mutmad:

~Another murder here in the dirty yesterday

~I"m not crying, you are   https://twitter.com/crossprob/status/1050100081955889154?s=21
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-11 6:01 AM
Snow:shocker!::shocker!: WTH.

Murder:cry:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-11 7:03 AM
are you timing meets your own XC kids are at or is it separate?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-12 5:09 AM
We timed a couple of meets our kids ran at which sucked cuz I didn't get to be with them at all.
This was a Conference Championship for some schools in Kansas
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Thankful Thursday RTTs