Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wet MOFO Wednesday RTTS
- - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-10 5:13 AM
17 inches of rain from Fri-Tu

Be wet and be random
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-10 5:30 AM
~Timing ONE MORE XC meet tomorrow then I'm back to road races. It'll be nice to only time only ONE 5K when I show up instead of 4.

~Spent hours yesterday working on shit for my toy drive

~Another indoor practice yesterday. Busted their asses

~Hurricane Michael looks scary AF

~Sick and Tired of political ads

~Queen Elizabeth is looking for a full time chef. Seriously, how hard could it be to make tapioca pudding and open cans of Ensure?
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-10 5:50 AM
I think we need to do away with every political position and just randomly assign people to fill the openings. We’d be so much better off than all these lousy lying f***ers we have to choose from.

That’s a lot of rain. Any damage?
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-10 5:54 AM
No major damage yet.....

They had to breech a levy out in Chillicothe where the boy is teaching. I figure a few days at least before we crest and start going down though....
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-10 6:52 AM
Right there with you on the political ads.  :roll:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-10 9:05 AM
I'm so tired of political ads too. I swear they haven't stopped since primaries back in May (well and before the primary). I thought we would get a break but nope, over and over again.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-10 6:00 AM
--I finish up 3/14 series of classes that I’m in the middle of teaching this week. :cool:

--Lockwood Elementary school got back to me yesterday. They won’t be until next semester but I’m hoping to go ahead and get them scheduled in. I already have 3 Mondays per month spoken for (Jan-May) the last week in April booked, 6 Fridays in January and February filled up and 6 entire days in May.

--Registrations are slowly starting to come in for our Turkey Strut 5K.

--Iowa had to wake Sarge up this morning. :laugh: Usually he comes running around the barn when he takes Meadow out the front. Not this morning. He stayed curled up on top of his dog house. : pbbt:

--That’s all the more random I am today. Brain hasn’t woken up. : pbbt:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-10 6:03 AM
We only have 11 signed up for the turkey trot so far. And we'll end up with over 400 runners and another 300-400 walkers
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-10 6:52 AM
Caught Sarge sleeping in.  :laugh::hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-10 9:24 AM
Does Sarge sometimes sleep inside? I thought you've had to take him out in the middle of the night or maybe I'm confusing them
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-10 11:43 AM
Sarge is outside all of the time. He’s 100% farm dog. : pbbt: Iowa has to get up sometimes if Sarge is barking. Meadow rarely has to get up in the middle of the night but occasionally that happens.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-10 1:57 PM
maybe I was thinking about the barking and having to go out
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-10 6:29 AM
Ripley limped out of soccer practice early last night. Her right knee cap was the size of an golf ball:cry::cry::cry::cry: I bet you $100 this is from 3 weeks ago when she had a bad slide tackle and came off the field. It has been hurting off and on since. But not enough for her to not kick major ass on Sunday's game:roll::cool:.

I've just made the first of many orthopedic knee appointments. PLEASE please please no mri and no tear. OMG I'm so panicked over this. She is so young. And so good. I don't want anything to ruin her fearlessness and go-to attitude. I'm just sick to my stomach about this. I've cried about it more than she has. Granted, not in front of her.

That is really all I can think about right now. Ugh.

And of course my knee. Taking the rest of the week off for it. :mutmad: Hey, we have matching limps!
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-10 6:30 AM
I hope Rips injury turns out to be something minor :hug:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-10 6:49 AM
:hug:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-10 6:53 AM
I hope Ripley is ok and just needs ice and rest.  :hug:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-10 9:25 AM
I hope her knee ends up just being a strain or swelling but nothing major. When is her appointment?
are you going to be impacted by the hurricane?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-10 7:05 AM
That is so much rain!  :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:

*I had the perfect timing of Joseph having a Capstone day, so no school, fall on a day off for me.  :grin:  It's like a bonus weekend day right in the middle of the week.  I told the dog that we were not getting up until it was light out.  :laugh:

*I also took a benedryl last night.  No way I was wasting this opportunity to get real sleep with stupid racing thoughts insomnia.  :blush:

*I found out about the 7 p.m. band concert at dinner last night.  :roll::laugh:  And then at the concert I found out he made it into All District band and hadn't mentioned that either.  :shocker!::laugh:  Way to surprise Mom.  He was all "I didn't tell you?"  :wtf: 

*Jonathan's having a hard time even making appointments to look at apartments.  Most of the ones he sees online are already rented out when he calls.  Dh has him looking at newspaper ads now.  We will see if old school works better.  :wink:

*Got my fall picky client's deep cleaning scheduled for before Thanksgiving.  She warned me that she is having extra areas cleaned so she would need another day at least.  :cry:  That week will be rough.  :meh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-10 7:07 AM
All District Band! Excellent! :cool::cool:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-10 9:26 AM
congrats Joseph!

Does this mean the job is a done deal?
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-10 10:16 AM
Yes, Jonathan accepted an offer on Friday.  He starts on the 22nd. :shocker!:
:shocker!:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Wet MOFO Wednesday RTTS