Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tired Tuesday RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-09 4:55 AM
Why am I so tired this morning? :meh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-09 5:08 AM
--In service yesterday. We had a guest speaker who came down from MU to talk to us about civility. :roll: I don’t quite understand the purpose of her position other than a waste of tax payer dollars. Honestly, must we teach adults how to be polite (say please and thank you) not roll their eyes, show respect and listen? Our world is in a sad state.

--Supervisor announced her departure. YMCA is lucky to get her. MU is missing the boat.

--I was one of four staff who got selected to organize our Christmas party. :roll: Not exactly thrilled about that. All I can say is that it's all going to be done on work time, not mine. I don’t need another volunteer duty. At least one of the other newbies, who I get along with so well, was selected as well.

--Krystal finally got the W/D out of the office.

--I was accepted to Missouri Team Beef. :grin: Maybe that will be some incentive to get my butt in gear when it comes to running.

--Debating on whether to break down and get a flu shot. I get compensated $50 through the wellness program at work for getting one. Just not convinced that is the thing to do. Never have had one.

--Was asked to do a presentation for Rotary Club (I’ve done several in the past on massage, the Trails Committee, the 5K I used to coordinate, etc.) on behalf of the Extension Service. I’m fine with that but I don’t have a free Tuesday until the middle of December. They were wanting me to come two weeks from today.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-09 5:12 AM
Have fun planning the Christmas party. I have NEVER seen more people bitch about something here at the station than the Christmas party that someone else spent hours and hours planning for them.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-09 6:03 AM
One thing I can say is that I don’t think the group of gals I work with would be the type to bitch about the planning efforts of their fellow workers. I’m sure they’re all just thankful they’re not the ones having to do the planning. But, we shall see. I may be wrong. The one gal on the committee lives/works in the Branson area and has a lot of connections to venues down there so that will help.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-09 6:08 AM
Lol. I was thinking about the flu shot this year because I get $ too!:laugh: And I'm pretty against the shot. I really won't do it, but it crossed my mind. That reminds me. I'm pretty sure I've done "two sports activities" this year. I should figure out how to log them and get paid!:grin:

Christmas party planning - ugh. :cry:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-09 6:15 AM
Just logged in and listed all my races and runs and soccer games. My rewards balance is up to $225. If I were to get the flu shot I'd max out at $250. Still not doing it.:roll:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-09 6:18 AM
Free Flu Shots is just the government planting trackers in you

#ConspiracyTheoryMe
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-09 6:25 AM
Which is why I don't do them. :laugh:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-09 6:23 AM
With you working in a lot of schools (aka germ factories) the flu shot might make more sense this year for you than ever before.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-09 6:25 AM
If it turns out to be an effective version.....which is highly unlikely.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-09 6:28 AM
Very true.
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-09 11:33 AM
Yea, that’s the primary reason I’d do it.
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-09 6:53 AM
Team Beef? that makes me laugh for some reason

I don't see a downside to getting a flu shot personally. I never got them until I worked here because they are onsite and free and I figured why not.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-09 5:23 AM
~Still fucking raining. Unbelievable.

~Today's meet canceled because the course is under water. It had been re-scheduled from Saturday. I'm also out $$$ cuz I was supposed to time it. Now I have to get all of the bibs back out of the packets and put them back in order so I can use them for a meet Thursday :roll::roll:

~We will be at 8-12 inches of rain since Friday when it all ends overnight tonight. Then more Fri, Sat and Sun.

~All I could physically manage yesterday was 30 minutes of jogging on the track. Afterwards felt like I'd run 20 miles.

~Lots of roads flooded in KC. Actually had to rescue 20 kids off a school bus cuz the driver was stupid enough to try and drive through the water and got stranded.

~Booked a new 5K for next Spring. (new for us anyway, they've been around for awhile using a KC company)

~I'm really sleepy too. Been dealing with some nasty acid reflux lately so I did without my nightly whiskey. Slept pretty crappy sitting up in bed.
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-09 5:57 AM
I was just telling Iowa that I felt like I had run 20 miles after my back to back 3 and 4 mile runs this weekend. :blush::cry:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-09 5:59 AM
:cry::hug:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-09 6:16 AM
Reflux makes life miserable:cry: I'm so sorry you keep having all these issues and aren't feeling like yourself.:hug:

"Booked a new 5k" and I thought you need to book yourself a vacation! Maybe a destination race:hug::grin:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-09 6:18 AM
In order to plan a destination race I'd have to actually race. Or run. At all.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-09 6:22 AM
Meh, just find a 5k and walk it. Get the shirt and hit the beach:grin:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-09 6:25 AM
You know I feel you on the reflux pain.  Hope yours eases soon.  Any questions on meds, I'm not the worst person to ask as I've been on every.single.one.of.them.  : pbbt:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-09 6:27 AM
:hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-09 7:01 AM
8-12 inches of rain?!?! yikes didn't realize you'd had that much

my MIL said she's been having acid reflux issues too. Something about a hiatal hernia causing it?
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-09 7:07 AM
I have one of those too!  :laugh::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I should probably just stop ignoring the Dr. recommendations and I'll feel better
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-09 11:53 AM
she said she's going to have surgery for it soon which should make it go away
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-09 6:20 AM
I'm super tired too! I took nighttime cold meds but took forever to fall asleep and then the dog woke me up early to go outside (2 days in a row for this now) so I'm exhausted

Have to take new headshots at work today. It's going to be like 85 degrees and humid and they are taking the pix outside. and it isn't until after lunch so my hair and stuff will be awful anyway. Lovely. What is wrong with our old headshots??

In laws left yesterday. Visit was overall pretty good, no real complaints which is good. Benjamin warmed up to them better than I thought so that was nice.

I had a sore throat and then full blow cold + migraine for a few days so that hasn't been fun. Felt better yesterday but it isn't all the way gone.

Unfortunately didn't get to do any working out while they were here. Did some walking at activities but definitely more lazy than I prefer.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-09 6:24 AM
Your job sounds awesome to be so flexible with home-work and scheduling stuff.

I would love to get new headshots here. David was asking if I could take his. I just did one for Drew who wasn't here when we did ours. We really liked how they turned out. He asked if I could take my own. UGH. Nope. But I'm sure we can work that out somehow. My hair is longer. Though thinner. :roll::roll::mutmad: But I'd love a new shot for the website.
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-09 7:02 AM
I just keep getting fatter each time I have one taken so I'd rather stop getting them :laugh:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-09 7:04 AM
:cry:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-09 6:28 AM
Cold plus migraine plus visiting ILs sounds just miserable.  :cry:  You deserve a day off after all that.  :hug:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-09 7:07 AM
We haven't done on-air staff pics here in probably 10 years hahahahahaha
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-09 6:21 AM
Got up early. Two days in a row. Love it. Love it when I do it. But then I quit again.

The boss's birthday today. The wife has a surprise being delivered. I have to video it.

Definitely slight improvement in my knee. I'd like to try a short, flat run at the soccer field tonight while Rip is practicing. Not sure I want to yet, though. I know it is still there. So I'm guessing I should wait longer. :mutmad:

Rain again here. Otherwise cloudy and will storm and rain until Friday late thanks to Michael:roll: Men. Whatever. : pbbt:

Leaving work early tomorrow to alleviate work hours since I have my last seminar on Thursday. I've enjoyed going to these. Might have to find more.

Also enjoyed not taking a class this semester. Will have to start again in January, though. :roll:

Can't wait to go see The Nun. I hope it is scary!
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-09 6:26 AM
That's great news that the knee is improving!  Yes, it probably would be better to give it a little more time before running, but I know how hard that is.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-09 6:31 AM
:sad::meh: But I know. Better now.....

I'm hoping the core and stretching will help. I've read a bit and think that with my back/hips out so badly before my first down hill half marathon, I'm pretty sure that triggered this. I've completed my training. Skipped no runs. I actually, for once, followed the plan to a t. So I don't think I over trained. I really think it was body mechanics (especially when I can still feel hips a bit off) So hopefully the stretching and strengthening will help ease this off.
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-09 6:28 AM
I agree with Michelle. Take a few more days with that knee
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-09 6:34 AM
I will. And then I'll start slow. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

as if there were another option. : pbbt:

But yes, coaches, I know that really means low mileage. : pbbt: And I was just getting so cool with the idea that 3 was my base run again and 7 was just a run. Which was so so cool!:cool:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-09 6:39 AM
You’ll be back there. :hug:
Parent - - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-09 7:03 AM
how many classes do you have left?

Do you know what the surprise is?
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-09 7:06 AM
A ton. All accounting/business. 8 I think? Then I have to move to KSU to finish a "degree" and then some masters classes ..... then finally CPA. If I actually do that entirely. Haven't decided. But it helps my job so I'm in till it doesn't. At the very least.

Not a clue about the surprise. She texted me yesterday, it should be here between 10 and 2. I'm guessing it must be pretty cool since this is the first time she has done this and it is his 50th.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-09 11:11 AM
The boss's wife had a bag of Black Over the Hill and 50th BDay and Grumpy Cat balloons. :laugh::laugh:
Parent - By kelly_v Date 2018-10-09 11:54 AM
:laugh:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Tired Tuesday RTTs