Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Motivating Monday, 08 Oct 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-08 7:18 AM
Good morning!

Let's start this day and week.  We are getting closer to Tom's big announcement!

What word or phrase do you use to motivate yourself?

Post, post, post...at least use two words!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-10-08 8:28 AM
Huh?
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-08 8:31 AM
Tom has something big happening in November but won't tell us what.  He has a countdown on his tagline.
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-10-08 8:29 AM
supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-08 8:32 AM
Funny!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-08 8:39 AM
The weather is really mixed up here.  I ran in the fog this morning.   Now I cant stop sweating. Run was much better than last weeks, but still low stamina.  It was humid in the 80s yesterday afternoon.  Felt more like August.  Saw that Mark Oles yesterday.  He was real busy hosting lots of folks for his garden railroad.  Luke is really growing. 

Found a new BBQ place in Strasburg, PA.  "Smokestack BBQ".  I had the Smokestack sandwich which is pulled pork and brisket.  Man that was good.  Side of sweet potato fries and fried pickles.  Seems really strange eating good BBQ and watching Amish go by in their buggies.  This may be the only real BBQ place in Lancaster County PA.  Strasburg is a neat town with most of the buildings 100-200 years old.  Some 250+ years old. 

Motivation???  Right now Nov 2nd is my big motivator.  It's a big adventure, Bucket List type.      It involves cars, trains, buses planes, ships, rafts and lots of hiking, and probably some swimming and a few other things I haven't done. 

Tom in DE

25 daze
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-08 12:26 PM
Um...BBQ sounds good!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-10-08 8:44 AM
I went to the gym and did an hour on the ARC trainer.  My legs were wobbly after that.  I almost stumbled going down the stairs. 

Going up to a depressing 90° today, and then mid to high 80's on Tuesday and Wednesday.  But there is light at the end of this tunnel.  It starts to cool down on Thursday.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-08 12:27 PM
Our highest for the week is forecasted to be 81 degrees!
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-08 12:25 PM
I too went to the gym and did 30 minutes of cardio and then some lower body exercises.

It is damp here.  Rain is in the forecast for the whole day.  It starts and stops.  Humid!

So Tom, is your adventure solely in the US or is it an international one?  I am excited for you!
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-08 1:28 PM
I will start on North America and travel to 2 other continents, but the bulk of the expedition is on one.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-08 4:25 PM
I can't wait to learn of the destination!
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Motivating Monday, 08 Oct 2018