Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Columbus vs. Fluffernuttter Monday RTTS
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-08 5:11 AM
Since I don’t get Columbus day off I’m going with Fluffernutter. : pbbt::laugh:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-08 5:28 AM
~It won't stop raining. We got 4-5 inches over the weekend. Still raining through tomorrow night. Downtown KC airport got 3 inches just since midnight last night.

~Saturday's meet cancelled due to lightning and heavy rain. Re-scheduled for tomorrow. Calling for lightning and heavy rain. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

~Suzi is going out of town with her boss for work this week/weekend. Somehow I am supposed to figure out how to drive 2 vans to our meet Sat at the same time.

~Suzi had to have one of her cats put down yesterday. Since my bro was a vet and he had to go in to take care of a parvo dog he went ahead and did it. She wouldn't have made it through the night. 21 yrs old

~Seriously every day at work I'm working on Christmas stuff. Went to Walmart and all their Xmas stuff was up. May as well put up the tree.

~Taking a big hit of whiskey every night before bed seems to be helping me sleep better.

~Fluffernutter totally beats Columbus every day of the week
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-08 5:37 AM
:sad::hug: for Suzi's cat. 

I've been taking a Benadryl a couple nights a week to help me get at least some deep sleep.  :meh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-08 5:39 AM
I guess I could try Benadryl...doesn't taste the same though :wink::laugh::laugh:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-08 5:57 AM
Give the keys to one of your students. :laugh:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-08 5:59 AM
Times have changed. When I was a Sr I used to drive the van with our speech and debate team to meets.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-08 5:33 AM
I didn't even realize it was Columbus Day, so Fluffernutter it is.  : pbbt:

*Jonathan accepted an offer on Friday with a company in northern Wisconsin.  He has 2 weeks to get an awful lot of ducks in a row.  :shocker!::shocker!:  He's calling today to set up appointments to see apartments. 

*He was so happy, it was pretty cool to see.  :happy::cool:

*I've started making lists.  He's going to need so much stuff.  He hasn't ever lived away from home before, so he needs everything. 

*We are going to need to find a dog sitter since ours is moving out.  :laugh:

*The band had to perform in some really nasty weather conditions on Saturday.  They ended up performing in the worst conditions of their group, by far.  They moved the competition indoors right after their performance.  :meh:  In the pictures, it almost looks like it's snowing, the rain is coming down so hard.  I half expected it to start hailing.  It was BAD.  They lost a synthesizer half way through.  That will be a lot of $$ to replace.  :sad:  But at least they got the rating they needed to get to State.  :happy:

*I gave up and turned the AC back on this weekend.  It wasn't hot, but it was so humid.  My asthma has been an issue and having the air on makes that better.  Plus I got tired of shutting windows every half an hour when it would start raining again.  : pbbt::roll:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-08 5:40 AM
I don't blame you for turning the AC back on. I laugh at all the people who brag about waiting SO long to turn on the heat or SO long to turn on the AC and I think, "know what? I'm a friggin adult and I pay for my house, I'm gonna be comfortable"
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-08 5:45 AM
Amen to that. When I’m debating in my head I think, what is this going to cost and is it worth it being comfortable, which is stupid because the answer is always yes. :laugh:
Parent - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-08 5:56 AM
I’ve yet to turn the A/C off. I can hold out for heat. : pbbt:

Yay for Jonathan! :cool:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-08 5:54 AM
--Ran two days in a row. I can barely walk. :blush:

--USDA has a job opening. I’m tempted to apply. I think the job I have is much more enjoyable and up my alley but this would be considerably more money. hmmmm. Probably an enormous amount of political BS along with it too. Probably would stand a better chance at being considered if I had a little more time under my belt with my current (USDA funded) position.

--In service today. Carpooling with a couple of other gals. Kind of wish I was driving solo so I could do a couple errands in the Springfield area afterwards. Wasn’t thinking on that. They just like for us to carpool so they’re not paying everyone mileage.

--I have a whole list of supplies I need. We’ll see what I get. I’ve been asking for knives and spatulas since I started. I’m to the point that if I don’t get any knives I’m not teaching one of the adult curriculums. When we have a whole section devoted to knife safety, proper use/handling, etc. and they expect us to let the participants do demos and such and we don’t even have one knife it makes it a bit difficult. :roll: My immediate supervisor is leaving (took a YMCA director position) so I have a feeling I might be able to get a few things between now and her departure.

--Got some meal prep done for the week over the weekend. Made a roast with potatoes and carrots and a big pot of chili. Oh yea, and some brownies. :grin:

--I had a really strange bite of some sort on my arm. It started out looking like a bite but then suddenly resembled something more like ringworm. I don’t think it was ringworm. Used some of my $267 poison ivy cortisone cream on it for a few days and it seems to have it on the mend.

--Pulled the refrigerator out yesterday because evidently a tomato rolled under it and gooey stuff was coming out. Good thing because not only was there that mess but also a dead mouse. Barn life. :roll:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-08 6:08 AM
I hate mice more than anything in the world
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-08 10:17 AM
I made chili this weekend too. But I want your brownies to go with.  :grin:
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / Columbus vs. Fluffernuttter Monday RTTS