Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday 10/6
- - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-10-06 7:59 AM
Have a good weekend.
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-10-06 8:05 AM
I'm taking a rest day. My calf is feeling ok.  I stopped running as soon as it started hurting on Thursday so I hope it goes away as fast as it started.

I bought some KT Tape but when I started looking up how to use it and how long you can leave it on, I came across many articles that say it doesn't do anything.  WebMD said that any perceived benefit was probably just the placebo effect.  Since I am out $19.99 I will go ahead and use it anyway.  I have been practicing applying it to the calf even though I'm not running.  If I feel good tomorrow I may try a couple miles.

That's all from here.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-10-06 8:56 AM
Misha and I got the Hennepin 100 runners thru the first confusing turn and onto the Hennepin Canal towpath where they will spend the rest of the day.  We caught up to them at aid station #1 where everyone, though soggy, is in a great state of mind.

Once Lee gets home from his run he can have doggie detail and I will head out.  60 degrees and a light mist; glad I'm only running 3.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-06 11:41 AM
Thanks Dave.  I was just sitting here and all of a sudden I was overcome with this feeling of peace and calmness.  This is definitely a God moment.

My husband I were up early and we worked on our backyard.  Planted mums that we bought at Costco.  They are huge (and pretty!) and were only $9.99. He raked the mulch in one of the flower beds since it had been displaced with the recent rains.  I transplanted some zinnias and another mum.  The yard looks good.

We went to Planet Fitness and had a good workout.  Planning to make coq au vin for dinner and I am going to bake an angel food cake for dessert.

So for today I will enjoy this moment of calmness, bottle up that feeling and recall it when I get stressed.

Enjoy your Saturday and may your football team win!

Go Roadrunners beat those darn Rice Owls!
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-10-06 12:17 PM
Great post, thanks for sharing with us.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-06 12:52 PM
:hug:
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-10-06 2:42 PM
You jogged my memory that I need to dig up a bunch of old plants around our porch. I got it done but it just about killed me in the sun and heat.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-06 6:21 PM
I'm trying to get a poinsettia to bloom.  It's from last Christmas and I read that if I put it in the darkness from 6 pm to 8 am for 40 days, it should start blooming.  So we shall see.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Saturday 10/6