Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Send-off Saturday Dailies
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-10-06 6:16 AM
Wishing all of our marathoners safe travels and racing this weekend.

There probably won't be many dailies so a lame-o question. Dishwashers - the cutlery basket. Do you like it on the door or inside? We redid our kitchen a couple of years ago and our new one has it on the door. I hate it. I can't grab the utensils as easily and generally find it a PITA. Yeah, I can take it off the door to empty, but that's even more a PITA. The bottom rack will also catch on it unless I'm careful.  Our secretary is doing our kitchen and has never had a dishwasher. I told her I hated it, but googling online it seems that a lot of people like it. Thoughts
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-10-06 12:25 PM
I kind of like the basket that lifts up from the bottom rack. We have the door kind.  Have you ever had the front fall off of the basket and had cutlery go everywhere?  It's ok, I'm not sure that there are benefits, but I'm not sure all the silverware gets equally. clean.
- - By PoopedColt Date 2018-10-06 6:21 AM
Super early to the gym. Ran 1 miles outside (71* muck :meh:) and then 10 miles on the TM in 70:40. Would have liked to have been 1:30-2:00 faster, but I only planned on doing it in 71-72.  I can run on the TM much faster than outside.  Something about that number staring at me, combined with people watching and the fear of falling off the back. : pbbt: finished with a 30 min. Core video and then to Bojangles to get DS breakfast before the SAT. Now a weekend of cleaning. Whee. Things are tightening up in a notsogood way, so likely a lot of stretching and such too.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-10-06 12:30 PM
Send me some cleaning vibes please. :happy:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-10-06 12:33 PM
Your workouts are always so impressive!  I ran out of suitable comments years ago.  : pbbt::laugh:
- - By N70SAK Date 2018-10-06 7:43 AM
"I just wanted to say good luck, and we're all counting on you, back here."
Parent - By N70SAK Date 2018-10-06 3:59 PM
Rode to the edge of the oil field. ~8miles. :happy:
- - By The Beard (is wearing Arm Panties) [us] Date 2018-10-06 8:38 AM
4.3 damp miles with my wife.

Thankfully the mist/rain should be over by tonight when my dad and I will be at the UW/Nebraska game.
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-10-06 12:29 PM
Good for you both running in the rain.
- - By Ed [us] Date 2018-10-06 9:00 AM
Our cutlery basket is not on the door of the dishwasher.  When emptying, I pull it out & place it on the countertop by the cutlery drawer so it's easier that way IMHO.  One of our two previous DWs had it on the door.

SDO for me :meh:  It's cool & overcast here today.  Working on some spin class profile(s).  I'll probably swim tomorrow.

A couple of days late but tacos for dinner tonight!
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-10-06 12:29 PM
You can have tacos any time you know. : pbbt:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-10-06 12:32 PM
:laugh::laugh:  It would be sad if we were only allowed to have them once a year!
- - By rob26.2 Date 2018-10-06 10:26 AM
No run yet, there have been T-storms all morning. Hopefully I can get a window this afternoon. A couple days ago, the forecast called for 100% chance of rain this morning, so I moved my long run to Friday. :grin: Our XC meet this morning was cancelled, so I have been getting caught up with work stuff.

I totally agree with you on the utensil basket. We have always had them in the lower rack but I have rented houses that had them in the door. Yes that is irritating.

Ya'll have a great weekend!
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-10-06 12:28 PM
I had other stuff plan so that rain run was my only option. : pbbt:
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-10-06 12:32 PM
Hope you can squeeze something in this afternoon!
- - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-10-06 12:26 PM
Ran 5.5 in the rain. Now some people who didn't show up for the run this morning are suggesting another 12 mile run in the rain. I am on the fence. :roll:
Parent - - By skigirl Date 2018-10-06 12:31 PM
12 miles today?  After already doing more than five?  :shocker!:
Parent - - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-10-06 12:55 PM
Oops that's for tomorrow, but rain is in the forecast then as well.
Parent - By skigirl Date 2018-10-06 1:06 PM
Oh, okay, that sounds more rational.  :laugh:
- - By skigirl Date 2018-10-06 12:30 PM
We don't have a dishwasher, so I have no opinions.  :laugh:

Just back from a long (two hours or so) walk with the hounds.  The fall leaves are so pretty.  We're a little past the peak - many trees are already bare - but it's still lovely out there.  :hug:
Parent - By noquitter [us] Date 2018-10-06 12:31 PM
Glad you are getting some nice pretty fall leaves. Last year was a disappointment. This year is looking more promising.
Up Topic General / Letters and Opinions / Send-off Saturday Dailies