Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 5 Oct 2018
- - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-05 6:21 AM
It's Friday!  Let's get the weekend started!

Post away...  Tell us all about YOU!
Parent - - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-10-05 7:48 AM
Rest day for me. Calf feels better but I don't know if it could handle a run. I had the exact same problem last year at the exact same time. Just a few weeks before the Marshall Half Marathon.  Cut into my already weak training and hurt during the race.  I may try some KT Tape this year. I watched a video about applying it to the calf. I'll probably have to shave that part of my leg first.

At my family reunion, someone asked my 85 year old uncle what he thought were the most important inventions in his lifetime. He said jet travel and smartphones.

But I got to thinking about other great inventions and looked them up:
1. Pizza Delivery - There is a legend of a pizza delivery in 1889, but modern pizza delivery started in 1960.
2. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups - First came out in 1928.

(Not quite jet travel and smartphones but very important.)
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-05 8:12 AM
I like your great inventions.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-10-05 8:32 AM
I like how your brain works.

Let us know on the tape - when I worked, almost all of our PT's went to training on it.  It is one of those things that to me seems almost to good to be true.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-05 12:17 PM
How many attended your family reunion?   How often is it held?

I had bought some KT tape and wonder where I left it.   Hope it helps your calf.

So did the chimney leak get fixed?
Parent - By Dave59 [us] Date 2018-10-05 12:32 PM
The family reunion is a big show put on by one of my cousins on his anniversary each year.  Over 3 days, 300 people were there at one time or another.  Many are friends of my cousin or of other family members. I am not sure how many are strictly family.

It rained last night.  Water came down the chimney. Not as much as before the fix.  I have to fill out another maintenance request form.  I am also still trying to get someone to show up who will redo the inside with a new set of gas logs.  People say they will come and never do.  In Michigan, I almost never had that problem.  But here it is the norm.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-05 8:30 AM
Big cool down this morning.  Yesterday was a muggy 86.  The run had a little more bounce in the strides but stamina was still way low.  Spent too much time talking to neighbor.

Ellen had an incredible agent at BWI airport when she checked her bag.  Agent fell in love with Nathanial and insisted grandparents needed to accompany him to the gate.  She got us gate passes.   Lots of accommodating people at TSA and boarding.   

Greatest inventions?   I used to as an exam question about the 5 greatest inventions and describe how one of the changed society.   Also looking for the difference between inventions and discovery.   Anyway a few basic ones; wheel, iron plow, printing press, toilet paper, beer.

Hope to get to see Mark Oles on Sunday.  Tour of garden railroads.   See if he has a moment to stop by and give a shout. 

Tom in DE

4 weeks from today!
  So much stuff to do, lots of gear to buy, lots of training....I slacked while Ellen was here
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-10-05 8:35 AM
We have a museum with the engine of an old train parked on the property.  The park district is decorating it for Halloween this year and people will be dressed up as ghosts and skeletons on it.  $5 to get your picture taken on the Train of Terror.  I think it is a cool idea.  Hope you get some time with Mr Oles.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-05 12:20 PM
So your upcoming event must be an outdoor activity.  Are you climbing a mountain?  Going to the North Pole? Walking the Appalachian Trail?  Are you going with a group?  Is it domestic?

So kind of the agent to get you and Lynda gate passes. 

Tell the kid Mark O hi for us.
Parent - - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-10-05 8:41 AM
Fun fact #1 - I've started working on this years taxes already.:shocker!:
Fun fact #2 - I got clobbered with a bout of TMJ last Saturday and have had difficulty opening my mouth.  A good thing you say?:laugh:  Anyway, some yoga relaxation and moist heat and massage and I'm now back in working order.  I notice I lean my chin on my left hand when I'm on the computer.  I think I may have pushed my jaw out of alignment by doing that.  Hard habit to break.

Waiting for the rain to stop and then I hope to pack Misha into the car and get over to the trail along the river.  Its the starting line for tomorrow's Hennepin 100.  I'd like to explore a bit.
Parent - - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-05 10:14 AM
A few of my friends say they will now do standard deduction.   That will hurt some accountants. 

Are you working aid station or just supporting?

TMJ   Too much jaw?    Two/ten mile jog.
Parent - By dnaff [us] Date 2018-10-05 10:42 AM
My running club imploded so we aren't doing an aid station this year.  I plan to position myself at the first confusing turn and point them in the right direction.
Parent - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-05 12:22 PM
Taxes -- oh my goodness. 

TMJ - glad you were able to take care of it.
Parent - - By oncearunner [us] Date 2018-10-05 12:15 PM
We have rain in the forecast so we mowed our yard this morning. I did the front and my husband did the back.  I saw two other women mowing their yards also.  Girl Power!

Tomorrow is our church festival so I hope the rain holds off as that will really put a damper on the activities.

Enjoy the rest of your Friday afternoon!
Parent - By Grey Beard Tom [us] Date 2018-10-05 1:16 PM
You can come mow my lawn too.

Hope you give some details on festival.
Up Topic Communities / Masters / Friday, 5 Oct 2018