Not logged inRunango Running Forum
Forum Reset Last Read Help Search Register Login
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / First Friday in October RTTs
- - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-05 5:52 AM
Talk! : pbbt:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-05 6:02 AM
Gabba gabba gabba!

Really frustrated. Super glad i didn't register for the marathon when i'd planned last week. Freaking figures. This happens every time I plan a higher distance race. It happened with my first 10k, my Disney Half that never happened. Now this. Granted, if I can get it cleared up I still have time to train. But I needed my extra time without an injury.

As I'm sitting here i can feel my knee:mutmad: It makes me want to quit doing races and just switch to being a gym rat. Except i don't have the free time for that. :roll: Wish I had a row machine.

OMG I need to get paid......

Tj's fishies are still alive!:shocker!: But the water is kind of cloudy. Need to figure that out. :wtf:
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-05 6:14 AM
Sorry you're going through this :mutmad::hug:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-05 6:21 AM
Sorry you're injured.  I went through a spell of that when I first increased my mileage.  I had a bunch of races I had to DNS for.  :cry:  I hope you're able to continue training soon.  :hug:

You said ITB, right?  Have you tried the foam roller?  I've heard it's helpful for that.
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-05 6:36 AM
I tried my "Stick" but omg it hurts like hell. I'm going to have to get a real foam roller. Not that they are any softer.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-05 6:44 AM
I’m pretty sure the roller hurts too. :sad::hug:
Parent - - By spiritbear [us] Date 2018-10-05 6:02 AM
Typed all my RTTs and they disappeared. :wtf::mutmad: I’m done.  I have to go to work.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-05 6:14 AM
:mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad::mutmad:
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-05 6:14 AM
:cry::cry::cry:
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-05 6:22 AM
:sad:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-05 6:18 AM
*Wow is it taking a long time to get light out this morning.  I like the cool temps of fall, but the increasing darkness is pretty rough.

*Cool and rainy this morning.  This is not helping motivate me to do anything.  I need to get a haircut and get groceries.  I kind of want to make cookies and take a nap.  : pbbt:  Nevermind that it's just 7 am.  : pbbt:  I'm definitely feeling a lazy day... hope I rally. 

*1 month from the marathon.  Maybe I should register.  I think I have a few more days before the next price increase...

*Joseph is a music assistant for one class hour.  Half the time he gets loaned out to the main office.  He's done a lot of collating, filing, copying, sorting.  I told him he has clerical experience now he can list on his resume.  :laugh:  He may be one of the only people in the school who can operate the complex and temperamental printer they have.  :laugh:

*My lungs still aren't clear from the asthma attack I had on Wednesday.  :sad:  That was so unexpected.  I've had so few issues lately it was quite the surprise. 

*i'm not loving the newest iPhone update. I hate the stacking notifications.  I liked seeing all of them.  I need to know who, not that there's multiple and just the particulars of the most recent.  :mutmad:

*I had to deal with the biggest spider I've ever seen in a house yesterday.  I don't love bugs, but I'm not particularly bug phobic, but this one really freaked me out.  It was seriously the stuff of nightmares.  :cry:
Parent - - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-05 6:21 AM
I thought I was gonna have to sell my truck the other day. Spider on my seat belt as I was putting it on. Screamed like a girl and smacked it off of there. No clue where it went :shocker!::shocker!::shocker!::shocker!:
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-05 6:23 AM
Oh that's the worst, when you don't know where it's at now.  :cry: 

At least you weren't driving and suddenly saw it, that could've been so dangerous.
Parent - By flyguy (Stump Grinder) [us] Date 2018-10-05 6:25 AM
True. I'm very allergic to wasps and I've had to pull off the road because of wasps in the car before :mutmad:
Parent - - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-05 6:40 AM
Yikes on the spider. Omg.

Don't prices usually increase on Fridays? I'm guessing this race won't sell out?

How cool that Joseph gets to "work". That is good experience. So many people don't understand office operations.
Parent - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-05 6:47 AM
Just checked, prices go up on the 12th, so next Friday. You had the Friday thing right. :cool:  it’s a small race, so I’m pretty sure it doesn’t sell out.
Parent - - By Mickeyd Date 2018-10-05 6:52 AM
Joseph has another 2 classes where he does Cromebook support. So he’s getting a lot of experience this year. Between those and band he has very few actual classes this semester and virtually no homework. He’s loving it.
Parent - By Photocat [us] Date 2018-10-05 8:42 AM
I bet!
Up Topic Communities / Beginners / First Friday in October RTTs